5,072 results
All reviewsfreedom towerthe financial districtwtc sitethe world trade centerground zerobrooklyn bridgelower manhattanpath trainbattery parkconstruction noisenew yorkwall streetindoor pooljunior suitestatue of libertycorner roomdirectly across the street
Reviewed March 16, 2015

I was in NY this past weekend for the NYC Half Marathon and stayed just one night at the Millenium. Our room on the 36th floor was clean, comfortable, but clearly did not have a view of the Brooklyn Bridge like the gentleman at the counter told us....no matter...we just kept it and didn't make a fuss. I'd say overall service was good. We did not eat any meals at any of the restaurants on site with the exception of coffee and dessert on the 3rd floor. The bartender was friendly, engaging, and shared some history of the area, particularly with regard to 9/11. The location of this hotel is awesome - it is right near the Fulton Street subway station which has access to a great many trains which is how we usually get around. In addition, you are within walking distance to the 9/11 Memorial and Museum. We chose this hotel as it was close to the finish line of the Half Marathon. I personally did not take advantage of the amenities, but I did eyeball the gym and the pool and they looked well equipped and clean. What did I like the most about the hotel? Location, clean room. What did I like least? Well, it took just about 50 minutes to get our car from the valet - apparently it wasn't even parked in the garage under the hotel, but parked 5 miles away!! If you are in a hurry, call way ahead so they have time to fetch your car. Also, when I received my bill under my door, it included the obvious charges along with almost $100 of weird, miscellaneous charges on it. When I brought it to the attention of the gentleman at the desk, he glanced at it, did something on his computer keyboard, tossed it in the garbage and then printed an appropriate, itemized list - he never apologized or explained why there was a big discrepancy which I thought was a little weird. Lastly, I was a little bummed that their room service doesn't deliver breakfast to your room on Sunday mornings until 7 a.m. which does me no good when I have to be out the door at 6a.m. and head to the starting line of the race. Thankfully, I had packed some breakfast bars, bananas, and a bagel. All in all, I'd stay there again as long as it's not a race weekend : )

Room Tip: If they are saying you are going to have a room with a view of the Brooklyn Bridge, and you don't - say something! I did not because I was just too tired to make a fuss.
  • Stayed: March 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2015

Location of the hotel is very comfortable especially if you have to travel to Jearsey city using the path. I liked fitness centre very much with new machines. Room is big and has amazing view! Don't touch bottles inside the minibar, you will be charged for that, but it is easy to clarify with the staff.

• Stayed: March 2015, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
MilleniumHiltonHotel, General Manager at Millennium Hilton New York Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2015

Dear Magdalena,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review of your recent stay at the Millenium Hilton via TripAdvisor. I am thrilled to hear your stay with us was a memorable one while you were in town on Business, and that you found our location to be ideal for traveling to Jersey City on the PATH. I am also glad you found great use of our Fitness Center and spacious guest room accommodations. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future!

Jimmy

Jimmy Sarfraz
Millenium Hilton
55 Church Street
New York, NY 10007
Email: jimmy.sarfraz@hilton.com

Reviewed March 15, 2015

I had several business meetings in the financial district and when looking for a hotel I decided to try the Millennium Hilton. By way of full disclosure I was very reluctant to do so as I witnessed the events of 9/11 and this hotel is within feet of the site. Honestly I have strong memories of that day so in some regards this was as much about facing my own issues as it was meeting my business needs.

Well my first experience with the staff was on arrival of 3/9/15 when my Uber driver dropped me off at the side entrance on Fulton and Church Street. I was met by Mike, a 22 year veteran of the property, who greeted me warmly and offered to assist with my arrival needs. Mike, as well as everyone else manning the perimeter and lobby, were very pleasant. During my entire stay I never, not once, was able to open a door because someone would do so before I could get to the door. At 6'3" and healthy I'm neither expecting or accustomed to having anyone open doors for me. But I was no exception as I saw this done repeatedly for every guest entering or leaving the building.

The lobby isn't very deep so the queue for check in was a little disorganized as many people were arriving at the same time as myself. No problem. The front desk staff worked to make everyone's check-in painless and yet still found a way to add a personal touch. In my case when asked for my ID the check-in associate noticed that 3/10 was my birthday and wished me a happy one. Nice touch.

My room, 3206, was compact in the typical NYC fashion but comfortable with an incredible view in two directions as it was a corner room. One of those views was a direct exposure to the WTC Memorial and the newly built tower. Quite a moment for me to say the least. The room was quiet and well kept with the sole exception of the sofa which looked like it came from my college frat house as it was dirty, stained and worn. My advice to Hilton is to replace it, like yesterday, with something cleaner. Other than the sofa there was nothing else wrong with the room.

On 3/10, the evening of my birthday it was raining heavily and as I had no rain gear I decided I'd order in room service rather than get wet. I was expecting the same old routine room service experience; that being expensive food that wasn't that great. The menu was not up to par with other NYC hotels I've stayed in. As an example there wasn't a quality steak on the menu, or a traditional shrimp cocktail.

At any rate I called room service and when speaking to the person taking my order I commented about the menu lacking a steak. He informed me that the menu in my room was outdated and that they in fact had a NY strip on the menu. I ordered it, some vegetables and an appetizer of eggplant and portabella mushrooms. WOW. My dinner was excellent, a solid 10 out of 10, as good as any I've ever had in any steakhouse anywhere including Del Frisco's, The Palm and others. It was so good that I called room service and complimented them on the meal and that is the first time in 32+ years I've ever called room service anywhere in the world to compliment them. If you decide to try the room service in this property I don't think you'll be disappointed.

So here's my summary;

Staff - 10
Room Service - 10
Recommended - Yes - Highly

Safe Travels - PKK

Room Tip: IN any major city higher is always quieter. Ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed: March 2015, traveled on business
1  Thank P K
Reviewed March 13, 2015

Stayed here for two nights in March 2015. From the very arrival I could feel the warmth of the staff's attention, namely in the person of staff member Sabbaly and front desk manager Oscar Argueta. Front desk very attentive and willing to solve any doubts and problems of guest.

Very clean and orderly room and facilities, a nice indoor pool and restaurant with many options from snack to full meals.

Nice views from the windows, too.

Room Tip: High floor rooms or any suite.
  • Stayed: February 2015, traveled with family
2  Thank Felipe G
Reviewed March 12, 2015

I recently stayed here with my boyfriend for a spring break trip to NYC. Most of the touristy things of the city are in midtown, but we wanted to stay in a different area and the Millenium Hilton offered a great value. I was able to check in and choose our room using the Hilton HHonors app, it was very easy and all I had to do at check-in was pick up our keys. I didn't even have to show my ID or credit card. The front desk staff was very friendly and even prepared a personalized welcome card for me.

I chose to spend a little bit extra and book a "city view" room; it was a choice you shouldn't think twice about. The standard rooms are only up to the 30th floor, and our room was on the 54th floor for only $16 more per night. The room had a spectacular view of One World Trade Center and the 9/11 memorial. The room was very clean, although I didn't particularly like the strong smell of lemon Pledge. The bed was extremely comfortable and all of the housekeeping was done well every day. The location may not be ideal for first-time tourists, but it is perfectly located by the WTC and has a subway station just outside the front door. We purchased unlimited subway passes and explored the city endlessly.

As a HHonors Silver member, I was able to get late checkout at 3pm which was very nice. The complimentary bottles of water were not in the room upon arrival, but the front desk had them sent up as soon as I asked about them. They were off-brand, which I'm not particular about except for the fact that Voss was available in the minibar, so I think providing the more "premium" water since it is available would be a nice touch of elegance. Everything in the minibar is on a sensor, so if you move anything you may be accidentally charged--I was but a quick call to the front desk corrected all the errors. The rooms are very comfortable but I think they should be updated and have more modern décor to be on par with the Hilton name, especially in a trendy city like New York.

While the Millenium Hilton did not exceed my expectations, I very much enjoyed my stay and I would highly recommend it. Some minor renovations to the decoration of the rooms and bathrooms would make this hotel perfect.

Room Tip: Book at least the "city view" room and ask for the highest available floor, or select it yourself with the HHonors app. Ask about late check-out at check-in.
  • Stayed: March 2015, traveled as a couple