“Nice Business Class Hotel”

Millennium Hilton New York Downtown
Ranked #219 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 12, 2004

I just returned from my second stay at the Millenium Hilton and I recommed it for both business travelers and for tourists. The hotel is across the street from the World Trade Center site, so that fact may deter or disturb some visitors, but I found it okay and even visited the memorial more than once. Also, the hotel is within easy walking distance to the Financial District, Battery Park and the waterfront so if you want to see some of NYC while on business, the location helps. I found the hotel staff helpful. The standard room was nice with high speed internet access and a great flat screen TV. The bathroom was large and well-appointed. Food from room service was quite good, and the bill was not cluttered with padded fees and charges. Overall, in a city of hundreds of hotels this one would not be a bad choice.

1  Thank Porsche_Guy

San Diego, CA
Reviewed September 12, 2004

My friend and I stayed at the Millenium twice. It's just our favorite hotel in NYC. The weekend rate of about 135USD/night is outstanding. I find the reception staff efficient and friendly. A big smile and a polite request scored us a suite! It was simply beautiful! The furnitures were sleek and of high quality. The towels and bathrobes were great. The toileteries were average. I had my best sleep in NYC on the Hilton Millenium bed. The location is great. It's just above a subway station. It's my personal NYC hotel of choice for a weekend. I understand during the week, the rate goes up quite a bit due to its proximity to Wall st. I hope you enjoy the hotel as much as I did.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 6, 2004

What a great hotel. The location is convenient to just about anything you'd want to do in mid-town and Lower Manhattan. The lobby is well appointed making for a nice place to have a cocktail in the adjoining bar. The elevators are very fast and accessible (important since our room was on the 49th floor). The room was nice (bed EXTREMELY comfortable) with an awe-inspiriting view of Ground Zero. The ONLY criticism would be the concierge. She was friendly and helpful the first night of our stay, then a bit dismissive the second. Oh well, I would love to stay there again and would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone looking for a nice place to spend a few days.

Reviewed September 6, 2004

For what we paid, I was very pleased with the hotel. There were some minor things that could be improved upon, but overall, I felt like I got a great deal.

One thing that bothered me was the way the bellman snap counted the bills when he was tipped and basically asked for more.

Langhorne, PA
Reviewed August 28, 2004

I was told when I complained about the condition of my room, that the hotel was in the process of renovating. My main complaint was reguarding the bathroom, it was covered in midew and rust both in the tub and around the sink. My secondary complaints were really minor things like a couple holes in my sheets, black marks on the ceiling, no plastic bag for the ice bucket and poor house cleaning pracitices like not replenishing shampoo and drinking glasses and removing the old ones.
I did not complain about these things until I checked out where I was then asked to fill out a complaint form for the manager to see. The desk clerk was apologetic but that was it.
(my stay was on Aug 25th and 26th 2004)

• Stayed: August 2004
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 15, 2004

Have now stayed here twice. The hotel represents good value for NYC and has an excellent health centre and pool. Other public areas are also impressive. Its location is spot on for sightseeing and accessing the subway. Rooms are average in size yet well appointed and are spotlessly clean. A solid choice!

• Stayed: January 2005
4  Thank cHIRON
Reviewed July 28, 2004

For a hundred bucks (Priceline) I got a large super-appointed room on the 47th floor with a spectacular view, plasma tv, gorgeous linens, lush bathroom, tasteful modern sleek furniture. I couldn't believe it. It's next door to fashion bargain heaven, Century 21, and because they don't let you try anything on, you can do so back at your room and return accordingly. Staff was very freindly knowledgable and fast.

• Stayed: July 2004, traveled on business