“Hilton Millenium Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
NYC, United States
“Hilton Millenium Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

We mixed family, friends, leisure and sightseeing during this trip. The hotel was centrally located-especially since we wanted to spend some time on the water-easily accessed by foot subway and cab Dining experience was easy; simple but food good and prices were reasonable. I especially enjoy the downtown part of Manhattan, as it is quieter during the night and has spectacular views.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Katie K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (941)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hilton Head, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

Had a great stay. Location is super and staff was friendly. I highly recommend for anyone traveling to New York. The rooms were comfortable and clean. My only complaint is there was not free coffee in the lobby.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Haymarket, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

One-night two room family stay 19 July. Parking was easy once we figured out what side the valet garage was on. Check-in was quick and efficient and the bell hop service was very good. We had rooms on the 19th and 21st floors with great views of Ground Zero and the new World Trade Center. The rooms were well done and our king size bed in a corner junior suite couldn't have been more comfortable. I assumed the hotel would be busy and loud, but I was pleasantly surprised by how quiet the hallways and rooms were. The hotel is perfect for walking around lower Manhattan, visiting the 9/11 memorial and the battery. We walked to Stone Street in the financial district and had a really nice dining experience. I requested late check out which was easily accommodated by the ever helpful and cheerful front desk staff. Check out was simple and departing the valet parking garage was also very easy. I did have one issue: I didn't notice that the valet parking was billed to one of the rooms, so when I was asked to pay at the valet desk I thought nothing of it. Once I realized we paid twice I contacted Hilton Honors customer service via phone and within 20 mins was contacted by Amanda Berman from the Millenium front desk and she immediately corrected the folio and provided a refund. Kudos to Hilton, the Millenium, and especially, Ms. Berman, for taking care of a loyal customer. We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: High floor of course! Views of NYC are stunning!
1 Thank Jon M
MilleniumHiltonHotel, General Manager at Millenium Hilton, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing this review of the Millenium Hilton via TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to hear you had such a fantastic stay with us, and truly appreciated the level of service, convenient location and comfortable guestroom accommodations. I will be sure to let Amanda know how much you appreciated her assistance, and we hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Best Regards,
Jimmy

Jimmy Sarfraz
55 Church Street
New York, NY 10007
Email: jimmy.sarfraz@hilton.com
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

Ideal for subway,right next to 9/11 memorial site and within walking distance for ferry to Liberty and Ellis Islands. The room was fine, no fridge but quiet air con. Bed very comfy. On floor 29. Great views of the river, bridges and buildings. Obviously rebuilding going on nearby on the ground zero site,but no noise heard. Would highly recommend. Restaurant good for breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor on thewestside.
Green Features: Conforms to Hiltons high standards. Energy efficient temp controls
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

We'd requested an early check in which we didn't get even though we'd told the hotel it was our 5 year wedding anniversary. We were only in New York for the weekend so we ended up killing some time waiting for our room to be ready. They said they'd call but of course that didn't happen. It was fine bc since it's right in the middle of the financial district we got to do some sight seeing nearby. After we finally got checked in, every thing went great. The view was amazing, rooms were more spacious than I had anticipated. It was a great visit.

Stayed July 2014
Mel,

Please accept my sincere apologies for not being able to secure an early check-in during your weekend stay with us. Unfortunately, we are not able to guarantee them but I am so happy to hear that once you were checked in, the hotel exceeded your expectations. We are pleased you were able to enjoy our Lower Manhattan location to the fullest, and appreciated the spaciousness of your guestroom. We hope to welcome you back here again the next time you are in New York.

Jimmy

Jimmy Sarfraz
55 Church Street
New York, NY 10007
Email: jimmy.sarfraz@hilton.com
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

I booked a parking package reservation with the Millenium Hilton Hotel and checked in June 27th. Arrived late night and was greeted by the Central Parking personnel saying that there is no such thing and to pay him now. I told him no and backed up my vehicle.

I contacted the hotel via mobile phone and someone came out and explained to the Central Parking person to park my vehicle. The Central Parking personnel said that the parking package was not real. I expressed my discontent with the hotel management who explained to me that the parking package did not mean free parking,

So I expressed my disbelief that a Hilton property would misrepresent their parking package when i am an experienced traveler i asked the Hilton hotel reservation personnel three times what a parking package included prior to booking it.

They replied that parking fee is included in the hotel rate when I booked the reservations. This hotel has not so well trained customer service and while I was contacting the Hilton resort to cancel my other reservation, the manager on duty suggested I contact Trump.

They explained to me that NYC parking was expensive, I replied to them that I grew up in Brooklyn and this check in process is odd.

The Central Parking personnel was trying to take advantage of a person with out of town vehicle plates and the hotel personnel played along. i grew up in NYC and I could feel that something was not in it's place.

Unfortunately, i will never stay at a Hilton property ever due to this treatment.

Room Tip: Select a executive room highest floor you can get for a city view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

Great experience. Being a Hilton Honors member I selected this hotel based on its proximity to Pace University (stay was for my daughter's college orientation). The hotel validated my preferences for Hilton properties.

Pros: great location - walkable to anything you want to see in Manhattan, friendly check-in, quick elevators (important as this is a skyscraper), clean rooms, AWESOME view, walkable to good restaurants (recommend North End Grill - eclectic or El Vez - mexican a half mile away near their Conrad property and towards the river), also there is this bagel place down the street that is incredible with genuine boiled NYC bagels

Cons: umm, none that I can point too; maybe high prices for lodging but the rates are pretty comparable to other hotels in the area

I would definitely stay here again and recommend to others.

2 Thank Recruiting