“Perfect location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
“Perfect location”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Attended Super Bowl 2014 and stayed through the weekend at the Millenium. Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly, helpful, and attentive. Elevators were very swift and the location was ideal. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
MilleniumHiltonHotel, General Manager at Millenium Hilton, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Beth,

Thank you for sharing your review of the Millenium Hilton with the TripAdvisor Community. We are thrilled to hear that you had an excellent stay with us over Super Bowl weekend and hope you also had a great time at the game! I'm glad you enjoyed the location of our hotel, along with the friendly service and clean,comfortable accommodations. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back the next time you are in town!

Email: jimmy.sarfraz@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (961)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Woking, England
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We had a very average stay at this hotel. The room was very warm and the ac would not go below 73. We reported the problem to reception but they didn't sent anyone to have a look. Spoke to reception again the next day and they suggested we change rooms. No apology, no offer of assistance to move our things. You might have thought by way of an apology they would have upgraded the room but no, the attitude was indifference. The room guide is out of date and says there is no wifi in rooms. There is at a cost of $13 per day per device, which seems excessive. Although when my husband checked out he was told we should have had complimentary wifi due to the company he works for and should have been told at check in. The bathroom in both rooms liked tired and in need of a refurbishment. Overall a disappointing experience.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing pre-stay service and conditions of your visit. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We have shared your comments with our team and assure you appropriate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered with comfort and cleanliness. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve the next time you visit the city.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I've stayed there several times and the hotel itself stays the same, but service is not as good as it used to be.

Good:
- location is good, right by several subway stations so quickly you can get anywhere;
- rooms are well designed but now would be a good time for an upgrade, it's been the same furniture for I would say at least 10 to 12 years;
- nice pool with the water not cold at all, good to relax after a day walking in NY.

To improve:
- bought the room with breakfast package, which included 2 breakfast coupons per night. They only gave us one coupon per night, but to "not keep me waiting" told me that they would deliver the remaining coupons to my room. The next stay, still no coupons, so again I ask and again they said we'll deliver them to my room, and in the afternoon still no coupons.... which finally came in the evening. Can't you just give the coupons at check in, perhaps a 10s task! Annoying.
- breakfast itself is poor, little choices and barely warm, they charge $ 28, to me it's worth about $ 5.
- the hotel did not credit Hilton Honors point on a room, so had to call HH to fix it.

So again the hotel itself is nice, but indeed they could try a little harder to impress you with service, as opposed to annoying you as was the case for me.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Boca Raton, United States
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Never thought being a Hilton rewards member would pay off so much. I was extremely pleased with my upgrades I received as well as the overall hospitality from the staff here at the Millennium. I will most definitely be booking this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Pebble Beach, California
Reviewed February 3, 2014

The rooms are not the quietest. I could clearly hear the conversations in the neighboring rooms. I was lucky that their evening trysts were short ;) !
My King Room was dominated by the bed. A small sitting area (chair & end table) occupied the balance of the room.
In room INTERNET was an extra cost.... almost unheard of in this day & age.
My traveling companion paid the same daily rate AND he got a FREE BREAKFAST BUFFET included everyday of his stay. With a glass of OJ, by eggs & sausage costs me $30+ each morning!
I was supposed to have a "City View" room, but at the 35th floor all I saw was the side of the surrounding buildings. Not quite what I expected from the description of the room on their website.

Room Tip: AS HIGH AS POSSIBLE - further from street level noise and it improves the view!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank TiredWorldTraveler
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Stayed here with my girlfriend for 8 days over Christmas and New Year's Eve.

We arrived at the hotel with the subway from JFK, which was an easy trip. From outside Church Street station, we could already see the hotel. Nearly everything in NY could be reached by this subway line, though we walked almost everything, we walked to Times Square in around an hour.

Checkin was smooth and friendly. There was a large container in the lobby, where you could get hot chocolate or hot cider, which was a nice touch. We were given a room on the 52nd floor, with great views of One WTC, Ground Zero and the Hudson. If you pressed your head against the glass, you could even see the Empire State.

The room was perfect. It was large enough, well-maintained and very clean. The bed was perfect, with crisp linens that were regularly cleaned. The bathroom was spotlessly clean as well, with nice bathroom amenities that were replenished daily. There was a coffee maker in the room with pretty good Coffee Bean coffee (some Hilton 'Morning blend' if I recall correctly, it was very good to wake up with). Wifi was very expensive, but there was free wifi in the lobby if you needed internet.

We used the gym one day, which was excellent and had enough equipment for a basic workout. The pool wasn't very remarkable, more functional than luxury.

Overall, we had a great stay, and would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: High floors have great views!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 83Bart
Reviewed February 1, 2014

This hotel would work well for business travelers, but while most of the hotel staff was lovely with our autistic daughter, the pool attendant was not as kind. If you have a family or are traveling with a person with a difference, this might not be the best match. I will add, though, that the cleaning staff and front desk staff were angelic! Views from our suite were incredible, but furnishings seemed a bit worn, and it was difficult to keep the room warm.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

MilleniumHiltonHotel, General Manager at Millenium Hilton, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Rhonda,

First and foremost, please accept my sincere apologies for your discontent with a member of our staff's demeanor during your stay with us - However, I am happy you found the service from the majority of our staff to be exceptional. I can assure you that we are looking into this matter as it is a serious concern that we would not want repeated in the future. Once again, please accept our apologies and I hope that the next time you are in the area, you will give the Millenium Hilton another chance to provide you with the type of service so closely associated with our Hilton name.

Best Regards,