“Good Hotel”

Millennium Hilton New York Downtown
Ranked #216 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 5, 2013

One night stay for business. Hotel was clean but somewhat dated. Staff was friendly and professional. Very close to the 9/11 National Memorial and in the heart of the financial district. Quiet and good night's sleep!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Millennium Hilton New York Downtown

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Reviewed this hotel last year & returned for another visit in July. Reasonable price, CLEAN, comfortable beds, awesome room service for breakfast - on time, amazing views of the city! Why would you stay anywhere else? The subway is a very short walk & cabs are always at the side door. This is the place to stay in NYC.

• Stayed: July 2013
MilleniumHiltonHotel, Manager at Millennium Hilton New York Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your review via TripAdvisor! We are delighted to hear you had another memorable stay with us at the Millenium Hilton and appreciated the hotel's convenient location and comfortable accommodations. We look forward to welcoming you back for a third stay in the near future!

Best Regards,
Alex

Millenium Hilton

Reviewed August 3, 2013

The hotel is in desperate need of a remodel. The carpets in the elevators & rooms are filthy. The location of the hotel & the views are outstanding. The rooms are beyond ugly, Beige curtains, beige walls, beige and brown carpet...UGLY! The lobby is weay too small for the size of the hotel. The 2 unisex, single bathrooms in the lobby were dirty & had lines 5 deep throughout the day. Why do the most expensive hotels charge for Internet? $14.95 per day is a rip-off. Numerous subways stops steps away from the front door are a huge plus.

Room Tip: The indoor pool was very nice
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed here with my husband for our anniversary. We were late to check-in and the room we had requested was no longer available. The front desk staff saw our disappointment, found out it was our anniversary and gave us the governor's suite. An unbelievable room with two bedrooms, living/dining room, small kitchen and 2.5 bathrooms. 55th floor. Amazing views. I always worry about elevator service when staying on a high floor. Didn't have any problems, even during the busy morning hours when the business people were on their way to work. This hotel is very convenient to everything. I didnt notice any construction noise. I felt safe on the hotel premises. We are frequent New York visitors and I would definitely stay here again -even without the Governor's Suite. The only caveat is that I felt that the breakfast was severely overpriced. But there's a Starbucks in the building and plenty of other breakfast options nearby. Thumbs up for Millenium Hilton.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for sharing this review with the TripAdvisor community! We are so happy to hear you had an exceptional anniversary trip to the Millenium Hilton, and really enjoyed your upgrade to the Governor's Suite. I appreciate your feedback about the breakfast pricing and will be sure to share this with our Management Staff for further consideration. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon!

Best Regards,
Alex

Millenium Hilton

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband and I stated here for a weekend getaway without kids. The front desk staff was friendly and accommodating. All rooms have a view of the 9-11 memorial and the water. The room was spacious and clean...bed was comfy also. Great location for getting to Brooklyn. We will stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed August 2, 2013

When I arrived at this hotel I was expecting greatness! It wasn't even close. The one good thing about this hotel is the location. It is directly across from the World Trade Center and steps away from Wall Street. The room however fell short on all levels. When I opened the door, there was a strong awful odor that gave me an instant headache. I was on the World Trade Center side of the building which had 24x7 construction noise and lights all night long which made it impossible to get a decent nights sleep. There was an influx of homeless individuals hanging around outside which made it uncomfortable to leave the building. Unfortunately when I'd requested to be moved to another room I couldn't because the hotel was sold out. As a result, I checked out and went to the W. It made for a much more pleasant trip.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank N R

Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town and let us know how we are doing.

Millenium HIlton

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husbend and I stayed in this HIlton for 3 nights in the end of June. Location was great, close to Underground station and a shopping centre + of course WDC towers monument. We expected a little bit more for the price of the twinroom. Air conditioning was loud and really dirty, bathroom standard size and shower ok. Safety box in the room was not working and they couldnt fix it during our stay. Breakfast was standard, really the same food every morning. During one night we got a firealarm from 33rd floor (our room was is 29th), that the hotel is burning....lucky us the alarm was fake. I haven´t been in any other hotel in NY so, I cant really compare this hotel to any other. Still, next time I will try something else.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple