Millennium Hilton New York Downtown
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$176
$135
  • Fitness center
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$169
$149
  • Fitness center
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$183
$116
$339
$314
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$161
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$185
$150
$145
$117
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$309
$215
Priceline
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$229
$100
  • Breakfast included
4,943 results
All reviewsfreedom towerthe financial districtwtc sitethe world trade centerground zerobrooklyn bridgelower manhattanpath trainconstruction noisebattery parknew yorkwall streetindoor pooljunior suitestatue of libertycorner roomdirectly across the street
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Booked through Hotwire for an amazing price for a Saturday through Tuesday stay. When we checked in, we asked for a room on a high floor, and were given a room on the 54th floor ( the highest floor is 55th), with an incredible view of the Ground Zero site. We looked directly down at the 9/11 memorial pools, and across from the new World Trade Center under construction. Sobering and beautiful at the same time.

Room was very comfortable and spacious by Manhattan standards. Like most Hilton hotels, the bed was very comfortable. One of the few hotels in NYC with an indoor pool, which we used. We had the pool to ourselves, which was nice.

Even though its all the way downtown, nearly all the subway lines converge at Fulton St. The R, E, 2, 3, 5 & 6 trains all stop within a block or two of the hotel, for a quick ride to midtown or uptown.

Great rates are available for weekend stays. Recommended!

Room Tip: When you check in, ask for a room on a high floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank mainefarmgirl
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed at the Millenium Hilton during the Sandy storm that hit NYC. It was quite a nightmare because there was no power, steam and even water at the hotel room, but the staff was very helpful trying to address all guests needs when possible.
During the most critical day, when the entire downtown area had no food alternatives, the hotel offered complimentary breakfast and food to the guest.
I was just a bit disappointed with the concierge that was very friendly to everyone, except to me, maybe he didn't like the fact I was not american!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This hotel is nicely upscale but not too upscale. The price was not bad for sitting in the World Trade Center area. The rooms are very clean, modern, beds are very comfortable, bathrooms are classy and somewhat new. Its a Hilton, I mean you really can't go wrong with a Hilton in most cases. Super fast NY elevators zip you up to 50 floors, has two nice restaurants, in room min bar, flat screen TV, wireless internet. It sits 1 minute from a NY Subway and two minutes away from the Stagedoor delim which has really really great deli sandwiches and hot food, and 3 minutes away from the 911 memorial pools. You get the idea... I left happy with the hotel EXCEPT..

In the winter there is only heat, in the summer is only airconditioning in the rooms. What I mean is that when the temp gets up to the 60's, its very warm in the rooms and you can only heat, not cool as the whole building has to switch back and forth between heat and cool. On the last night I was sweating in bed, and was pretty unhappy about this.

We had a mechanical issue where the air handler by the window started making loud noises at 3:45 AM and woke us up as well. We called the maint guy and he came quickly and could not figure out what the problem was and I was up the rest of the night :(

For this the hotel graciously credited my minibar costs, which were 3 cans of OJ, lol. Thanks!!!!! That makes up for everything, not...

Ok the next thing that irritated me. $5.95 per hour for internet or $14.95 per 24 hours.. Really??? Most Hiltons and sister brands are free but because your in Manhattan they rape you..The good, there is a Starbucks built into the side of the building, where wifi is free, and I kept my money, but thats just wrong Hilton!

Finally, this irritated me. I booked thru Hotels.com, not directly thru Hilton.com with my member number, because Hotels.com was cheaper. When I arrived I was told I would not get credit on my Honors account for my stay..Give me a break, you cheapos!! I have an honors account because I stay at Hilton family hotels allot, and to get screwed out of my 3 night stay really sucks Hilton..

The front desk staf was very helpful and nice, the maid was also very good, but the first maint. guy (not the one at 3:45 AM) was really rude, I wanted to let him have it for telling me "I told you" after I asked a simple question a second time because I could not understand him with his accent.

Do I recommend this hotel, its a Hilton. You cant go wrong but keep in mind what I have told you about this hotel as well.

There is a little laxness in the lobby cleanliness as well. I had to use the restroom in the lobby and it was DISGUSTING, I mean it smelled and had paper on the floor and grime all over the walls. Its the little things I notice, and in this case, no one checks this bathroom often enough for a hotel of this level.

If your going to stay here, always check a hotel site before you book thru hilton first, hiltons prices were allot higher than hotels.com and to me its not worth more than $160-$180 a night, maybe $200 in season.

Skip the room service, its REALLY expensive, and most of the local restaurants deliver to the hotel and are much better.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Spur-of-the-moment. we decided to spend a Saturday day and night in NYC for our 33rd wedding anniversary. We wanted a hotel with a heated indoor pool, and, after reading comments from folks who had stayed at the Millenium Hilton, we decided to take their advice, pay a few more bucks and get a corner room. Turns out, during the week the hotel is expensive and a busy place for business people, but weekends it is almost deserted and the PRICE IS GREAT! We arrived at the front desk after being greeted by several friendly employees, and Javier at the front desk told me he wanted us to call as soon as we arrived in our room so he would know if we were happy with the room.HOLY COW, WE WERE VERY HAPPY! Javier gave us a corner king room on the 54th floor with a dining room, living room, jacuzzi, huge bedroom and THE MOST AMAZING VIEWS! We could see the Brooklyn Bridge out of one window, and we were DIRECTLY ABOVE the 911 Memorial site! It was AMAZING watching the activity below, and touring the site is incredible.We were the only ones in the lovely heated pool, and the pool runs next to the ancient cemetery and church next door where the 911 viewing platform used to be, and it is a very beautiful location. Our room included a full breakfast which was great . Every staff member was friendly and nice. We loved walking the Brooklyn Bridge which is RIGHT THERE, and we also enjoyed walking through City Park. We found family-run "Joe's" 24-hour store around the corner from the hotel; Joe's has been feeding the construction workers at the Twin Towers site for 10 years - we LOVED Joe's Cuban sandwiches! It is a VERY QUIET part of town on the weekend which was perfect for us, but for a fun night-life just hop the subway or take a taxi . Highly recommend!! BUT GET A ROOM ON A HIGH FLOOR and spend a few extra bucks so you have a GREAT ROOM! WELL WORTH IT!!!

Room Tip: Get a room high up!! You will hear no noise up high from the construction site below at Twin Towers, you will just have a GREAT VIEW!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jeanne c
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Comfortable matress as were pillows.

Bad bread & bacon (Hilton hotels in London & Australia provides much better quality breakfasts) however, good fresh OJ.

Broken curtain rail - not fixed.

No free wifi like Accor hotels (despite biased speed which were fine for travellers to check emails - business people requiring faster connection have the paid option).

No kettle for tea although tea bags were provided. Had to improvise with provided coffee machine - had to run a few times to remove coffee. Then add tea.

No shoehorn or shoeshine cloth - considering it's in the financial hub, this would have been a nice touch for business people and those rainy days where shoes require a quick rub.

Inter-connecting door - The family next door sprayed so much cologne/perfume that it "flowed" through to my room via the inter-connecting door - not pleasant.

Good access to various subway lines and within walking distance to Brooklyn bridge.

Excellent water pressure in the bathroom.

Angela at front-desk was very helpful.

Room Tip: Room 4808 may have a haunted bathroom. Either that or I have spirits travelling with me...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
MilleniumHiltonHotel, Manager at Millennium Hilton New York Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Justin,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback via TripAdvisor. We value your input as a world traveler and will surely share your comments on the condition of your room and quality of our breakfast items with our team so necessary adjustments may be made. We are sorry you were disappointed in the lack of wireless internet and amenities provided in your room and we will keep your suggestions in mind as we are constantly looking for ways to improve our guests' satisfaction. We are glad you found our staff friendly and welcoming and our location convenient for your activities in the city. We hope to have another opportunity to show you the quality service and stay you expect the next time you visit New York.

Alex Joset