Spur-of-the-moment. we decided to spend a Saturday day and night in NYC for our 33rd wedding anniversary. We wanted a hotel with a heated indoor pool, and, after reading comments from folks who had stayed at the Millenium Hilton, we decided to take their advice, pay a few more bucks and get a corner room. Turns out, during the week the hotel is expensive and a busy place for business people, but weekends it is almost deserted and the PRICE IS GREAT! We arrived at the front desk after being greeted by several friendly employees, and Javier at the front desk told me he wanted us to call as soon as we arrived in our room so he would know if we were happy with the room.HOLY COW, WE WERE VERY HAPPY! Javier gave us a corner king room on the 54th floor with a dining room, living room, jacuzzi, huge bedroom and THE MOST AMAZING VIEWS! We could see the Brooklyn Bridge out of one window, and we were DIRECTLY ABOVE the 911 Memorial site! It was AMAZING watching the activity below, and touring the site is incredible.We were the only ones in the lovely heated pool, and the pool runs next to the ancient cemetery and church next door where the 911 viewing platform used to be, and it is a very beautiful location. Our room included a full breakfast which was great . Every staff member was friendly and nice. We loved walking the Brooklyn Bridge which is RIGHT THERE, and we also enjoyed walking through City Park. We found family-run "Joe's" 24-hour store around the corner from the hotel; Joe's has been feeding the construction workers at the Twin Towers site for 10 years - we LOVED Joe's Cuban sandwiches! It is a VERY QUIET part of town on the weekend which was perfect for us, but for a fun night-life just hop the subway or take a taxi . Highly recommend!! BUT GET A ROOM ON A HIGH FLOOR and spend a few extra bucks so you have a GREAT ROOM! WELL WORTH IT!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Millennium Hilton New York Downtown places you right in the heart of downtown, within walking distance of Wall Street and adjacent to the Freedom Tower, Ground Zero and World Trade Center Memorial. Easily access all of Manhattan and nearby boroughs via the nearby Subway station, taxis and more. Enjoy some of the largest hotel rooms and suites in Lower Manhattan, spectacular skyline views and a glass-enclosed pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Millennium Hilton New York Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millenium Hilton Hotel New York City
- Hilton New York City
- Millenium Hilton New York
- New York City Hilton