“Epic!”

Wyndham Garden Chinatown
Ranked #156 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I arrived in NYC late one night from Boston and found that the room I had booked with Airbnb had a catfish host. Feeling unsafe at the Airbnb location and with horrible customer service from Airbnb, I was very pleased when Kim at the Wyndham Garden Chinatown treated me with kindness and respect and helped me out of a bad situation. She gave me a good rate on a room for the night and was very pleasant. She had a beautiful smile and put me at ease. When I arrived in my room, I was taken aback by the gorgeous view of the city through a floor-to-ceiling window. The room was pristine and the accommodations were outstanding. The bed was extremely comfortable, too. Upon check-out, I had the pleasure of speaking with Massy who was also very kind. The whole experience was truly delightful. I highly recommend the Wyndham Garden Chinatown.

Room Tip: I was on the 12th floor and had a gorgeous view of the Empire State Building and skyline.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Trip R
Omar B, Manager at Wyndham Garden Chinatown, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write such a positive review. I especially appreciate the kind review of so many members of our team. It is always wonderful to hear when the staff does a wonderful job. I look forward to sharing your comments with them as they will be ecstatic. We look forward to seeing you again in the very near future!

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The hotel was new, so the rooms and facilities were clean but there were some things that were a bit "off." The shower set-up resulted in water being spilled onto the bathroom floor resulting in a big mess. The airconditioning and heater system was too loud. I had to turn it off every night, so I could sleep. The breakfast was poor quality and the servers were some-what rude. The bright spot was that the hotel staff was friendly and professional. The location is useful if you want to stay near Chinatown or Soho. Overall, it was an okay stay but not fantastic.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
It is disappointing to hear that our hotel did not live up to your expectations. All of us here at the Wyndham Garden Chinatown take your comments very seriously, and we are eager to correct any failures on our part.

We also understand that our hotel is very unique in regards to the design and the size of our rooms and that the structure of the rooms may not be for everyone. However, from the rave reviews we have received so far from other travelers, we are confident that we are providing a unique and fresh experience for our guests.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed February 26, 2013

If you are a tourist, pick a Midtown hotel and hang out in Time Square with the rest of your ilk.On the other hand, if you are a traveler (you know who you are), this is a fantastic choice for Manhattan. This is probably not the best hotel location-wise for the first time NYC visitor, but it is a wonderful choice for the seasoned Big Apple traveler. The hotel must be nearly new -- the rooms are spotless and modern with a nice flat screen TV, strong (and free) wireless Internet service and a hip little bar in the lobby.

I really liked the location in the heart of Chinatown. The neighborhood is really interesting and vibrant. There are a few really great, cheap Chinese restaurants nearby, as you can imagine. Little Italy is a few blocks away. I also walked to the East Village and had a great meal.

Subways are close, though not right next to the hotel. The nearest line is a few blocks away. The noise from the busy street could be a problem for some. We had a room on the 6th floor and the street noise was evident, but it didn't bother me much. If you think it will bother you, ask for a higher floor, which will give you even better views of the Chrysler Building, by the way.

The staff was friendly and very helpful.

The ONLY reason I did not give this a five star rating was a party that was happening next door on the last night of my three-night stay (a "guys" weekend in Manhattan with my 16-year-old son). Though it is not the hotel's fault that some idiots decided to use their room as a party location, the reaction to the fest could have been handled better. I called down once at 1:45 a.m. to complain about the noise. I had to call down again at 4 a.m. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep that night. When I gently explained to the staff that I wasn't happy about the party when I checked out, they comped my breakfast.

Yes, breakfast is included and as others have said, it is not much, but you can use the $10 value toward credit for the much, much better options on the menu, most of which are $15. I had the three-egg breakfast and it was excellent.

I really like this hotel and will definitely stay here again, despite one sleepless night.

Room Tip: Pick a higher room to avoid street noise if it bothers you and to give yourself a better view of the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank furniguru
Thank you for your comments and feedback. We are pleased that your boys weekend was a comfortable, welcoming one. I am so sorry that there was a noise issue during your stay, but am happy we were able to make it right at check-out. We strive to be a "home away from home" to all of our guests. Our hotel prides itself on excellent service and I have shared your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs. Thank you again we look forward to welcoming you back to Wyndham Garden Hotel Chinatown.