“Great Stay”

Wyndham Garden Chinatown
Ranked #158 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Great stay, great value. Stayed here for 3 nights on business. I was greeted warmly when I checked in and the staff was extremely professional though out the stay. The room was small but designed efficiently. Everything was new and clean. The hotel is easily accessible from the subway system,

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tim B
Omar B, Manager at Wyndham Garden Chinatown, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Short, sweet, and to the point! Thank you so much for your review! We look forward to seeing you again and hopefully for a longer stay! Take care!

There are newer reviews for Wyndham Garden Chinatown

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We often go to NYC, and most of the time we stay at the BW Bowery Handbee, one block north of this hotel. We found an irresistible deal on Priceline and decided to take a chance. Very glad we did! The hotel is brand new, and the views of the Manhattan skyline(thanks to the floor to ceiling windows) are a sight to see. Make sure to ask for a room above the 6th floor to be able to enjoy it. The staff were very kind and accomodating.

The only gripes are the silly design of the shower(may look nice, but not practical) and the continental breakfast @ Elevate, which ironically, is in the basement!

We stayed 3 nights and will definately go back for more.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel D

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for choosing the Wyndham Garden Chinatown. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your kind comments, and we really look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

My trip was fabulous, i was lucky to be in this hotel... staff great you with your name escort you to your beautiful and clean room. you'll have a very good view on the 12th floor Empire state building WOW.

Room Tip: upper level have a breathtaking view
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Turki a
Omar B, Manager at Wyndham Garden Chinatown, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Wyndham Garden Chinatown. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us! We appreciate your kind comments, and we really look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Noticed a stay 3 save 30% offer on this hotels Trip Advisor page.
Went to book three rooms, but the system would not allow me to.
Called hotel and advised this and was told the offer does not apply to New York City property, when I advised that there is an advertisement on Trip Advisor from Wyndham Garden Chinatown for this offer, I was politely told it was a mistake, they would look into it and then they hung up before I could provide call back details.

Very disappointing.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank CraigLloydP
Omar B, Manager at Wyndham Garden Chinatown, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced during your reservation process. An experience such as the one you described is taken very seriously by all of us here at the Wyndham Garden Chinatown, and we look forward to an opportunity to make it better. Although I cannot undo what happened, I would like to personally discuss this issue, and hopefully you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us. I see you mentioned booking three rooms. Were they three rooms for one night or three rooms for 3 consecutive nights? I see the details for this deal are "stay 3 consecutive nights in the same hotel", so in order to receive the 30% off, you must stay 3 consecutive nights in each of the three rooms. It's also possible we didn't have the availability for 3 rooms during the dates you wished to stay as we do have a few dates this month where we are fully committed.

I appreciate your feedback, as this helps us become the very best that we can be, and I look forward to speaking with you directly concerning your recent stay. I may be contacted at 646-329-3410, or obouchaar@wyndham.com. In the meantime, we remain fully at your service and look forward to the chance of welcoming you back at the Wyndham Garden Chinatown.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I absolutely loved this hotel. I have stayed at Wyndham properties before, but this one was the best. When I checked in the young lady that greeted me, her name was Vanessa, she was wonderful. Very professional yet kind and ver helpful. Se was quite knowledgable about the area and what it has to offer. I also must make mention of the young lady that helped me book this trip, her name is Katie or Katey. Not too sure how it is spelled. I have already booked my next stay at this location for Chinese New Year 2013. Gung hay fat choy

Room Tip: Just book any room and you will be thoroughly satisfied and get a balcony on a higher floor, the vie...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank CHANONA

Dear Mr. Chanona,

Thank you for your kind review! We are delighted that you had a good stay at our property. Our Team Members are one of our biggest assets; they are all professional, friendly, and eager to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay. It is such a pleasure when we can share positive comments such as yours with the team. Thank you again for staying with us, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to Wyndham Garden Chinatown for Chinese New Year!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

The staff are the key in this hotel, great experience. The rooms are very clean, my room was ready for me to check in at 7am
I left my bags and took advantage of the city I will recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be on the city and far from the Times Square area, who wants a great value. I will comeback and stay here matter of fact this is gonna be my hotel

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Donnod213
Omar B, Manager at Wyndham Garden Chinatown, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the Wyndham Garden Hotel Chinatown. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and, also very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services, and facilities. I have shared your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.
We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Wyndham Garden Chinatown in the very near future.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is an ok hotel. clean and convieniently located in Chinatown, but I will not recommend this hotel to my friends and I'll not come back here in my future visit to nyc for the following reasons.

First, there is only a half door for the shower, and there are no drains in the bathroom. Every time after you take a shower, the bathroom floors will be filled with water and you can't use the bathroom again without getting your feet wet. I called the front desk and was told that it is the same with all guestrooms. I booked a standard room, so I'm not sure whether there will be a tub or at least a shower curtain in their superior rooms.

Second, don't expect too much out of their continental breakfast. I got one piece of dry toast, a bowl of yogurt, a cup of fruit and one small cup of OJ using my breakfast coupon($11 if you pay out of pocket). The waitress said I have to pay if I want another cup of OJ.

In addition, they are supposed to give me four breakfast coupons for two days of stay, I only got three. When I asked the front desk, a guy named John told me that he definitely gave me four, and he said he called the dinning room, they said three of us ate four breakfast! How ridiculous! One breakfast coupon is no big deal, what it matters is how they treat their customers.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank J W
Omar B, Manager at Wyndham Garden Chinatown, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. An experience such as the one you described is taken very seriously by all of us here at the Wyndham Garden Chinatown, and we look forward to an opportunity to make it better. Although I cannot undo what happened, I would like to personally discuss your recent stay, and hopefully you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us.

I appreciate your feedback, as this helps us become the very best that we can be, and I would like to offer you 25% off your future stay with us and the best room in the hotel in the hopes that you will give us another chance to make this right. In the meantime, we remain fully at your service and look forward to the chance of welcoming you back at the Wyndham Garden Chinatown.