Wyndham Garden Chinatown
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
$143
$116
  • Pool
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$262
$400
$341
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$180
GardenInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$223
$207
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$152
$123
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
$265
$212
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$136
$70
  • Fitness center
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$197
$152
Travelocity
1,613 results
All reviewsfloor to ceiling windowsshared balconybowery streetlower east sidenew yorkmanhattan bridgecanal stshower dooreast villagethe empire state buildingrooftop loungecorner roomsubway stationhotel is locatedfreedom towerwould definitely stay here againfew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I was looking for an economical hotel near businesses in the financial district and decided to give Wyndham Garden a try...I'm so glad did. The hotel's staff were courteous and helpful, the hotel was immaculately kept, and room was well appointed, clean, comfortable; all this contributed to making Wyndham Garden an ideal headquarters for my business in the City.

The hotel comes complete, with bar, restaurant, and fitness room; WiFi is also available and worked flawlessly.

Morning breakfast was tasty and filling, as well as was sushi for dinner; portions were just enough to be filling and provide much needed energy for my busy schedule.

Wyndham Garden is ideally located near Chinatown and Little Italy; touring each community and experiencing their eclectic sights, sounds, and aromas made for good times during off-hours.

The hotel is located quite close to the B-D, J-Z, 6, and N-Q lines; alternatively also within moderate walking distance to City Hall.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Christopher B
Omar B, Manager at Wyndham Garden Chinatown, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

We are very happy that our excellent staff was able to provide such great service during your stay! It also sounds like you took full advantage of our prime location and had a lovely time in New York City. We hope that you will come back and visit us again at the beautiful Wyndham Garden Chinatown Hotel!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

This hotel is great find in Chinatown NY. This hotel is close to public transportation and within walking distance to some great chinese cuisine. Soho is not far.
The staff was courteous, efficient and overall kind and nice. They were very accomodation in getting me some documents that i needed printed at no extra cost.

The Breakfast (which was included) was great.

The room is modern, Clean and quiet.

Room Tip: none that I can think of
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Omar B, Manager at Wyndham Garden Chinatown, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the Wyndham Garden Chinatown. I am glad to hear that we could meet your needs with our facilities and location. Indeed our location is perfect for guests wishing to venture out and enjoy the city via Mass Transit. Thank you again for choosing our property, we look forward to accommodating you in the near future.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed 3 nights on business and loved this hotel! Wonderful room, excellent service, great breakfast, wonderful staff and beautiful view. Located in Chinatown but a block from Little Italy. Agreat location (Canal & Bowery, just off the Manhattan Bridge) with two subway stations within a short walk. Clean, fresh and I would be back! Comfy beds and tasteful decor.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jenny1023

Jenny,

I would like to express our heartily thanks for your comments. We are pleased to know that you had a fantastic time with us and that we have exceeded your expectations. We’re pleased that you choose the Wyndham Garden Hotel Chinatown, and we look forward to the opportunity and the pleasure of serving you once again in the near future.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have to give the hotel a very good rating, however, I do not appreciate being treated like I'm stupid. The night we checked in the pretty young gal said, "oh, we just ran out of queen beds." So i said, "oh does that mean we get a King bed" which is what I thought we paid for. She then said, "i'll put you on 15" and I said, "is that a better room?" She said, "its a higher floor, better views." I did not realize a higher floor meant my husband and I would be stuck in the worlds smallest full sized bed. Seriously, its a good thing we're not the tallest people. What bugs me is she looked me right in the eye and did not answer my question regarding the bed. Did she think we wouldn't notice the tiny bed? Its just poor business to lie to your customers. And by not answering my question, yes, she lied...

The hotel itself is in a great location for urban travelers. We were going to a concert at the Barclay Center so the location was ideal. It was one subway stop from the the hotel to the concert. Also it was only 3 subway stops from Amtrak to the hotel. I'd say its a five minute walk to the subway from the hotel. Be prepared its mobbed on the sidewalks regardless of the time of day.

Also, you are right in the middle of Chinatown, a short walk to the Village and the Lower East Side. Oh and Little Italy, but that is such a turnoff thanks to the desperate restaurant employees trying to get you to eat in their restaurants.

The free WIFI is a great bonus. However, the 'free breakfast' is laughable. First of all, its not free, its worked into your price for the room. But as others noted, its not serve yourself but a sit down restaurant where your breakfast coupon really only covers the Continental breakfast yet they give you a menu to choose from. So what happens is if you order something other than the continental breakfast you have to pay the difference. That being said, if i'm paying additional for my breakfast I'll go elsewhere it was average at best...I'd rather my $10 back please.

Overall its a nice hotel, very clean and new...

Room Tip: *The Red Egg in Chinatown was GREAT! *Be sure you find out what size bed they're giving you. *If you're going to the Barclay Center, stay here, D train one stop and you're there!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank tink1024
Omar B, Manager at Wyndham Garden Chinatown, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

It is disappointing to hear that our hotel did not live up to your expectations. All of us here at the Wyndham Garden Chinatown take your comments very seriously, and we are eager to correct any failures on our part. All of the rooms on the 15th floor are actually our Executive Queen sized beds. The rooms on that floor do have the best view, so we were trying to upgrade you.

We also understand that our hotel is very unique in regards to the design and the size of our rooms and that the structure of the rooms may not be for everyone. However, from the rave reviews we have received so far from other travelers, we are confident that we are providing a unique and fresh experience for our guests.

I would love an opportunity to discuss your stay and experiences with you directly, and am confident that I can restore your faith in us. We would like to invite you back and make sure your next experience with us is a 5-Star experience by giving you the best room. I can be contacted at 646-329-3400, or ksparks@wyndham.com. I look forward hearing back from you!

Best Regards
Kim Sparks

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We just returned from a week in NYC. Our original plans were to stay in NJ and ride PATH, but Sandy wrecked the station and we had to 'punt'. We came across a new property in Chinatown, a block from Little Italy. AWESOME location (Canal & Bowery, just off the Manhattan Bridge) with two subway stations within a short walk. We arrived late (weather delays at Newark) and the staff greeted us with a very warm welcome at 1:30 AM! The hotel had arranged a car service at the airport that WAITED for our delayed flight. How wonderful it was to have a ride waiting after a long day of airport lounging & weather jitters.

First off, the hospitality at the hotel was infectious. From the GM to housekeeping to front desk, everyone working there acted like it was their house and we were their guests. I don't think that's the norm in big cities. Our room (1502) was breathtaking. 15th floor, corner-room with glass walls on two sides. Front view was the Empire State Building and the Crysler Building. Side view was the Freedom Tower at the WTC site. The rooms were very nice...not huge, but certainly not small. Also VERY clean, but the hotel is only a few months old. I am betting the property stays clean and attractive for years to come. The room rate was very reasonable and did include a breakfast voucher that covered the Continental breakfast or could be applied to another choice. (REMEMBER to tip your wait crew based on the voucher totals, not your balance due.) All of the staff feels an 'ownership' for the property. They all want your visit at their place to be the best ever. Wow, that is refreshing.

The security at the hotel was very visible, yet I didn't see an obvious need for it. We walked to restaurants in the neighborhoods regularly at late hours and never had an issue. Doesn't mean we would never have trouble, just didn't during the week we were there.

In all, the best thing I can remember is the dedicated staff that really did make you feel at home. The hotel was fantastic, spotless and new, but even if it wasn't, the warm, friendly employees would make up the shortfall. Special thanks to James at the front, the concierge and to Tom the GM. Those are only a few of the folks that made our vacation one of the most memorable trips we've ever been on. We WILL return and WILL stay at this property - NO DOUBT!

Room Tip: ASK in advance for an upper floor from 02 throuth 04. These all face up toward Times Square. The 02 rooms are corners.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank OzarkTraveler2010

What an outstanding review! We loved having you as our guest, and all of us had a great time making sure your experience was the very best. Your comments really make all of us here at the Wyndham Garden Chinatown glow with pride! Take care, and we hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards