“Very elegant lounge with great wine selection awesome appetizers and fresh sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lea Wine Bar

Lea Wine Bar
Ranked #4,382 of 13,559 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Bar, Sushi, Wine Bar, Japanese, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Midtown
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I guess my title sums this place up. It is located right across the street from Grand Central Station's Met life exit.
Cross the street and walk through the Park avenue underpass and you are in a very elegant lounge filled with lots of neighborhood professionals. I met a couple of girlfriends for drinks here and loved the atmosphere. The music was just right, low enough for conversation although it added ambiance. The staff was very professional and attentive. We had several appetizers all of which were good. I recommend the sliders and their empanadas were the best I've had. This is not a family friendly lounge its great for couples, friends, business and you could probably feel comfortable coming solo and sitting at the bar also.

• Visited August 2013

Paris, France
“Excellent place for an afterwork”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was in NYC a few weeks ago and decided to meet with some friends to have drinks and a bite. Lea was recommended by some of them, and they were not wrong about their recommendation. The staff was very accommodating, from the moment I emailed them to make a reservation, to the moment we left the bar. The drinks were not very expensive (NY Standards) but they were amazing. The food was also great. But the best part was the place itself and it's location. Just a few blocks away from times square and right behind Grand Central, but far away from the 100mph NYC living style. The bar is very chic, with a nice environment and wonderful music. We were very sad to leave, but we established Lea as our new hangout spot in NYC.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank AGGlobalTraveler
buenos aires
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I visited NY, we arrived on a rainy day and went walking to the grand central station when we found this place on our way. We liked just how it looked like and we said, "we need to come back here". We had just arrived from an international flight, so we wanted to rest a little bit before going out that night, but were staying in the area. That night we were about to visit a restaurant that I was recommended, but as they could not take reservations until 10:15PM, we decided to go to Lea, and it was the best idea. The place is really nice, the ambience, the music, the variety of wines and the food! The menu is not large but the dishes are all so interesting when you read about them. We tried calamaretti, tuna tartar cornetti and the mixed bruschettes, and wine from Argentina (Alto las Hormigas, that they had by the glass, but when we asked later, they said they could open a bottle as well).We went back before leaving NY. So it was our first and last nights there. Another great experience. Even though it was more crowded than the first time, the host looked for a nice table. That time we had the bruschettes and calamaretti again! and the Phoenix roll. We wanted to give a try with the Sushi and was not disappointing at all. The rolls were the best one I have tried in a while, and I am fond of Sushi. I will definitely recommend this place for after work, if you are visiting and would like to have drinks, appetizers, tapas. So nice!

• Visited October 2012
NY
“Cozy wine bar with fantastic aura and energy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

What a fantastic hidden treasure. Great wine selection and very interesting menu. Service is great and the crowd is professional and lively. A little pricey but so worth it!!