“Great pizza”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stopped by on a Saturday and of course the place was very busy. We didn't want to wait, so we decided to sit on the bar as they offer full service there too. The experience was great. Very friendly staff, awesome food and service. We will return for sure.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,751)

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Saw this restaurant on a DDD episode, so my wife and I decided to make a point to eat here during our last trip to NYC. My wife ordered the Pistacchio eSalsiccia and I had the basic Margherita. The first pizza was good, however, I was anticipating something off-the-wall/knock your socks off based on the feedback from the DDD host. The Margherita was typical of pizza I had while living in Europe. The center of the pizza got soggy from the sauce. The crust was exceptional. The beer selection was great and the services as great as well. Place is small so you would probably want to avoid normal eating times. We arrived there early and was able to sit down immediately. Once we were done and got up to leave, the line went out the door. All being said, we will give it a an overall Very Good.

On our next trip to NYC, we will try some other places but we will keep this on our list in case we need a Plan B.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I happened to walk into Roberto's first New York outpost, Keste, on Bleecker Street purely by chance the second day it was opened back in 2009. I was instantly smitten. I have gone many times since. I was thrilled when he opened Don Antonio in 2012. Same great food, different vibe. My favorite go to pizza is the Pizza del Re. It has homemade mozzarella, mushrooms, prosciutto di parma, truffle spread, extra virgin olive oil. The flour is Caputo and that ingredient makes a huge difference. The restaurant can get busy in the evenings so a reservation, although not required, is worth the effort.

1  Thank BiciFan
Reviewed March 24, 2014

If you like great brick-oven pizza and the choice of lots of different kinds of pies, good beer (and lots of them), super salads with real buffalo mozzarella cheese, and the best cappuccino outside of Italy, then you will love Don Antonio. I found the service to be best described as spontaneous, but was under no pressure eat and run. The atmosphere was quite pleasing, relatively quiet; even with a full house. Had a pleasant conversation with our just met friends at the next table and could eavesdrop on several tables in our area. There was no clanking of dishes as the wait staff hustled about quietly, one plate at a time. I will return to Don Antonio on my next free day in NYC.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Went for a late dinner after seeing Jersey Boys. Pizza was fantastic, I had a prosciutto with mushrooms and it was delicious. The best I had in a long time. The service was very good and we really enjoyed our visit there.