“Fantastic pizza”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Had lunch here in June 2013. The pizza was excellent. I almost felt like I was back in Naples :) Mushrooms and cheese were so fresh and delicious and the crust was perfectly chewy and not at all oily. Much less impressed by the fried appetizers. They were way overdone. Drinks were overpriced even for midtown.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We didn't think we were hungry but most of us finished our pizzas, even though they were large. Just couldn't stop eating. I had the Papa (The Pope), a vegetarian pizza, which had zucchini, tomato and squash. It was good, but all the fresh veggies made the thin crust mushy. I wouldn't order that again. But the Fresca, a thick pizza, was great. Although it had a thick crust, the bread was very light and the toppings were not greasy at all. The Margherita is good if you just want a simple pizza. The restaurant is clean and bright with very fast service. We had a party of 7 and our pizzas were served in less than 10 minutes. It cost more than we usually pay for pizza, but overall quite good food and service. Some of the waiters/servers spoke very little English. No big deal -- God bless them if they are immigrants trying to make big in the City.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great food, better service, and superior atmosphere. This is highly recommended to anyone looking for authentic Italian stone oven pizza combined with a hip lounge experience. Start a conversation with the friendly servers and you will be laughing and joking all night. My favourite spot during a week long stay in NYC

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were looking for a great pizza restaurant so the kids could try some real New York pizza. This place really lived up to all the reviews. The staff were really helpful and the children enjoyed being able to see the pizzas being made (they have a webcam capturing it). It's not the cheapest pizza, but you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We loved the pizza at Keste, so I thought we'd love Don Antonio as well and we did. We visited NYC recently for four days and ate here two of those days. I had read about the lemon pizza, so wanted to try that. It lived up my expectaions and more. It was of the best, most intriguing pizzas I've ever had. My husband tried the fried pizza and was glad he did, although, as others have observed, it's very filling. My picky 17-year-old daughter was happy here, as well, with the buffalo mozzarella margherita pizza. The service was excellent--attentive, but not intrusive. The first night we were there, I dropped a fork. The restaurant during dinner is pretty noisy and the waiters are rushing around. I didn't expect anyone to hear it, but our waiter did and immediately replaced the fork without a word. The second night, my pizza came out a few minutes later than the others in our party, which didn't bother me. I didn't say anything about it, but the waiter (and the expediter?) apologized and gave us free dessert. I will definitely go back when in NYC.