“three and a half stars”

Neighborhood: Midtown
connecticut
“three and a half stars”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I read about this in a NY Magazine article - one of the only places in NY with actual Napoli pizza. We went late after a show, it is convenient to theater area and was still quite busy at about 11pm. The menu is all pizza including fried pizza. We had more traditional "red" pizzas. They appear to be individual-sized, but know that they are large enough for one if you are really hungry. The ingredients were all excellent, but somehow the crust didn't seem as great (almost pre-made like) as compared to another Napoli certified pizzeria I've frequented. My pet peeve was that they served the warm pizza on an ugly glass plate. Maybe this is traditional (?), but it was sort of a clash for me. Our waitress was very quick and accommodating. Because I have had better pizza in NYC, I had to rate this lower. John's on Bleeker is still the best!

Visited February 2013
3 Thank santonez

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Salisbury, England
“Excellent artisan pizzas”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Ate here before a show and really enjoyed it. Large selection of unusual and artisan pizzas. I really enjoyed my stuffed pizza which was no where near as heavy as that might sound. And it was fascinating to watch the guys make it via the screens showing the kitchen. Lovely guy who served us was happy to explain everything on the menu.

“Good pizza guaglio'!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

If you are in new york and you just want to eat agood pizza like the one you would have in italy. Then you have found the place. Quite nice to start with a drink atnthe bar too, if you enjoy that.

1 Thank The Mangustas M
“Great place!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Great pizzas (you should share one if you're not that hungry, they're big), great atmosphere, amazing homemade burrata. We were so well treated by the maitre! I can see why this is one of NYC's top 100 restaurants. Highly recommended.

Goiania, GO
“Wonderful pizza next to the Theater District”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The first thing I need to warn you all is that I am not the biggest pizza enthusiast. When I went to Naples, for example, I really tried to give the dish a chance, but wasn't impressed at all. However, everything changed when I went to Don Antonio by Starita. I simply loved their white pizza, especially the "pizza del re" flavour (truffle cream, homemade mozzarella, mushrooms, prosciutto di parma and basil). I even returned to the restaurat with my husband during our 12 day trip to NYC to have another one.

• Visited October 2012