Bowery's Whitehouse Hotel
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$139
$119
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $150/night.

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$197
$186
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $225/night.

Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$162
$124
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $185/night.

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$187
$180
GardenInn.com
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$159
  • Bar/Lounge
$134
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$284
$242
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$152
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$139
$90
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 50% below average rates

The price you found is 50% lower than this hotel's average rate of $181/night.

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stay at the Whitehouse pretty much ever time I come to NYC. As a woman who frequently travels alone this is a great place for me- I have my own room with a door that locks firmly, but it's a fraction of the price of a hotel room. If you know what to expect it's a great choice- the rooms are tiny but have sturdy doors and good locks, the floors can be noisy during his occupancy times but it's NYC and that's just the way things are, and the bathrooms have always been clean and I've never needed to wait for a shower. The only downside is how hard it is to charge electronics, as outlets are few and far between. Usually the desk will let you leave devices behind the desk to charge though, and really if you want to charge your laptop that's what Starbucks is for- this is New York after all.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Angie T
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I've stayed at the Whitehouse many times over the last 15 years. (It's been a while, but they used to remember me each time I returned.) After some frugal years, I finally get to go back to New York & my first step was reserving a room here. The location is great -- easy to reach from any local airport. And for a very reasonable price, the Whitehouse provides just what a traveller needs: a safe, clean place to sleep & keep your stuff while you visit the greatest destination city in the world!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Mr C
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Everything written about this hostel is absolutely true: it's probably the worst hostel existing in the "Western world" as we know it.

So instead of doing the usual bashing let me point out what makes this place "stayable":
1- because it's such a disgusting place, it almost forces you to be out more and visit the city.
2- the staff is okay. I can sense that they are ashamed and pissed because they know this hostel is such a rotten place.
3- the location is the bomb. The best area of Manhattan if you ask me.

So if you are going there, here is some advice: bring your sheets or blankets and have ZERO EXPECTATIONS.

That's it.
Good luck.

Room Tip: bring your own blankets or pillow. Don't forget slippers and flip flops!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank MissM1980
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I booked a "room" wit split beds for two people, for one night not expecting any comfort based on other opinions. I was hoping to have a better impression though knowing that majority of hostels in U.S. is really bad. Honestly this one was beyond my deepest imaginations. I am not kidding It is a good deal mainly for the hotel to pack so many people on one floor in sort of cubical spaces with weird door and really little space. These rooms give you a privacy only in theory and due to lack of ceiling you will be very uncomfortable talking to your party and you will be heard by everybody around. It is like staying for a night in a room full of people snoring, walking, kicking by chance so called walls, using bathroom for more or less serious reasons with all sound effects. Sound of people showering also gives a chance for rest... just joking. I just could not get a good sleep besides an earplugs protection. The bathroom and showers have no ceiling as well. The good was a nice smell through all the floor and relatively clean toilet and shower. My sleep was very uncomfortable. I could not really get a good rest due to all sounds carrying through the entire floor. To my shock I have found in the morning a spot of blood on a bed sheet likely mine and group of bed bugs trying to find a way back under the sheets. We just escaped from that facility and hopefully my luggage is bed bugs free. This is not a good place even so cheap. I do not recommend this place and give the lowest possible rating.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank ARM-RK
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This is the worst place i have ever stayed in on a trip. Arrived at 7pm and the guy at the reception was busy with his electronic gadget. He spoke with a lazy and couldn't care less attitude. Got a room at the 3rd floor. Thought i could shower and relax after a long bus ride. There was no place to charge my phone!!!! I could hear someone pee, fart and shower! The window sill was dirty and there were blood stains on the floor! Only comfort i got was the little bulb that lighted up in the cubicle. Some inconsiderate guys were shouting at night and wifi isn't free! Stay here if you want to experience life in a concentration camp with cubicle walls.

• Stayed: October 2012