New York Highly Rated Tours
Open today: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from New York Highly Rated Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience New York Highly Rated Tours
from $169.00
from $79.00
from $199.00
from $79.00
1,534 results
All reviews hour tour statue of liberty great tour the empire state building new york wall street grand central station booked this tour highly recommend this tour st patrick's cathedral his knowledge ellis island walking tour times square marc driver levi
Reviewed 2 days ago

This tour started at 8:30 am and went until 6:00PM and every moment was interesting and informative.Our tour guide Julien was beyond outstanding. He filled us with information, jokes, news, gossip, history, insight and a hunger to return.
We would recommend this tour to anyone who wants to hit the highlights in a day.

Reviewed 6 days ago

Our 9hr private tour was an absolute blast from start to finish.Mark was brilliant guide with an encyclopedic knowledge of all things New York,he made all the attractions come to life and had stories of sights along the way.Words cannot possibly do justice to places like Grand Central,Empire State,Statue of Liberty or 9/11 Memorial,breath taking or spine tingling are arguably the closest.The little extras on the tour added the icing to the cake,lunch in Paesanos was excellent and the Wall St walkaround was tremendous.Fast track at the Empire State and Statue helped but there is still airport style security and for all that you are transported between the sites there is still a lot of time spent on your feet,be warned.I would recommend this tour to anyone visiting NY and if you are lucky enough to get Mark as your guide then you have scooped the jackpot.

Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I just returned from a 3 day bucket-list trip to Manhattan. We wanted to see all the main attractions and could not have done such a tour on our own. Our guide Julian was great! He kept us entertained the entire 9 hours with the history of the city mixed in with his own personal stories of living there. The setup is great. There is a van driver and a guide on the trip. The van pulled up to each attraction and while we were enjoying it with Julian, the driver was circling the block waiting for us to come out. This tour also included express lines to Empire State Building and Statue of Liberty. Julian jumped out, went and got our tickets and then escorted us past the long lines for priority access. The security guards at the various sites knew Julian! The entire day went smoothly and was as advertised. BRIEF WORD OF CAUTION MENTIONED IN SOME OTHER REVIEWS: My wife (55) and I (61) were the oldest of 9 people on our tour. Fortunately, we are in excellent shape so the walking portions were not a big deal. This is A LOT of walking involved so if you have any mobility issues, you may want to forego this tour.

2  Thank Sightseer54654351661
Reviewed 1 week ago

My three friends and I decided on this trip for our first full day in NY, as we wanted a “quick over look” of the city, and what a day it was!!! Marc our tour guide was very informative, interesting and witty guy and made the 9hr trip a great day. I would highly recommend this trip as we did and saw so much in one day, with not much queing and stress, which would otherwise have taken us much longer to do ourselves. Thanks for a tiring but fantastic first day in New York from four Welsh Ladies !!!!!

1  Thank yvonneregan205
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband (61), our daughter (7) and myself (54) arrived at St. Patrick's Cathedral a little before 8 AM and went inside to look around. Beautiful church! No guided tour of it but it's worth 15-30 minutes to have a look around. They do check bags right inside the door and no food or drink is allowed.

We stepped outside to the sidewalk to wait for the tour. A young man in a red puffer coat approached us and asked if we were going on the 9 hour tour. We thought he was going on the tour at a customer but it was actually our tour guide Julien. He checked our names in his book and introduced himself. We waited on the rest of our group of 17 people and walked to meet our bus with B.J. at the wheel. The bus holds 40 people so we had plenty of room. Amazingly, Julien remembered everyone's name for the rest of the day.

We started out with Grand Central and Julien provided commentary all along the way. Once inside he pointed out interesting tidbits and showed us the Whisper Room, or maybe it was a Hall, either way it's really cool!

Next up was the Empire State Building. Julien stayed with us right up until security and gave us a time and place to meet him after we toured the building. As for security, they search bags, you have to remove your belt, jacket and empty your pockets and walk through the scanner. Leave your shoes on. As promised, the bus was there to meet us right down the street.

Lunch at Paesono's was next in Little Italy on Mulberry St. You get to pick from about 6 menu items and the $15 includes a drink and the tip. Paesano's is really neat! you can just feel the history in there. It's small and cozy and the food was very good. They even went out of their way to make our picky eater a cheese pizza.

Wall Street and Federal Hall were next and we got to walk around there for a little while. While we didn't get to get out and touch the Bull we did drive by it. Julien was nice enough to take pictures of all who were interested in front of Federal Hall and the New York Stock Exchange. He has interesting stories, too!

"Cut the line" does not mean there will be no line. We waited a good while to see the Statue of Liberty. Totally not Julien's fault. There had been a medical emergency on the island earlier in the day so crowds were backed up. However, the line for those without "Cut the line" access was HOURS long. It did feel good to walk right on by people who had been there for hours already. Julien made a point to tell us what to look for and where to stand to get the best view of under the robe. The pedestal view is amazing. Julien was gracious enough to take pictures again. He even got down on the ground to take some shots of our daughter in front of the statue. He's just a good guy and very accommodating.

We stopped at the 9/11 Memorial and could go with Julien or just walk around on our own. We walked around on our own. By this time I was more than happy to find a bench to rest before getting back on the bus. Julien walks fast and this girl was beat!

We ended up at Times square and Julien made sure we all knew how to get back to our hotels or to a restaurant or wherever we wanted to go.

Tips: Wear comfortable shoes! Again, wear comfortable shoes! Yes, it is a bus tour but there is still quite a bit of walking and standing. Be aware of security checks at the Empire State Building and Statue of Liberty.

Bottom line, do it. I'm not sure you could do all that's included in one day on your own.

4  Thank OhioMustang
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I picked this tour because I wanted everything in a compact form and at the same time not in an aseptic tourist bus but going about as the locals would do. Not disappointed. My two sons (22) neither. We liked our guide Julian. A little tired by the end but manageable since Julian takes into account the average age group and adapts the pace.

1  Thank Rea S
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Did the Main Attractions walking/subway/bus tour, including Empire State Building and Statue of Liberty. Being out on the street and subways really gave me a taste for the New York experience. Julian was outstanding, very informative and patient. And he literally went the extra mile. The tour ended in Times Square as it was getting dark, so a great chance to experience that. Julian escorted me the mile from Times Square to Grand Central Station, giving me an extra taste of the city and making sure I didn't get lost. So if you get the chance, try to get on one of his tours, you won't be disappointed.

Steve R.

2  Thank Steve R
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I can not say enough good things about our Private Tour Guide Mark. He was so informative and educated on every aspect of our tour. He made our first trip to New York City the best out of every tour we made in 6 other cities. You will not be disappointed with this tour.
Thank you Mark for the best trip ever.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

With Marc as our tour guide, it was an outstanding experience! Marc was born and raised in the city and has been a tour guide for 9 years. The amount of sites and information one sees and receives is well worth the price. We did the tour on our first full day, and now we have a great idea of what we’d like to go back and spend more time at. The only ‘issue’ was there were 27 people on the tour, so some times it was hard to hear Marc speaking, but overall it was an outstanding experience.

4  Thank Richard R
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Only got to visit the "Big Apple" NYC, once in my life, and then only for 4 days. So I did a little googling and found the Full-Day New York City Tour with Empire State Building Observatory and Statue of Liberty Admission. Really wanted to see all we could see in one day & this trip (guide Marc) did not disappoint. Marc, with a c, has the spirit of Nyc flowing through his veins, couldn't have found a better guide, he was telling us stories of the old days and how things used to be, I found it quite entertaining and educational at the same time. We rode the city bus, the subway many times and walked quite a few miles but we were so wrapped up in the NYC experience that you just wanted to see and do more. We truly loved the tour, thank you Marc