“Fun atmosphere, casual dining, great food, great price.”
Review of Tortaria

Tortaria
Ranked #2,149 of 14,898 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

This was perfect spot on a warm fall day in October to a grab a drink and light bites. Great service and very reasonably priced. My favorites: the taquito platter (perfect to share for 2 people). Comes with 4 taquitos of your choice, guacamole, chips & spicy french fries. All for just $19.29! Pair that with a ginger margarita and you are set! Conveniently located in Union Square.

Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

The decor is cool. The service was on par.
The venue could use a little sprucing up, but it's great for what it is.

I got the Breakfast Bowl completo. It's a (seemingly small) bowl of Mexican deliciousness that's actually a huge container of eggs, chorizo, guacamole, bacon, crema, Pico de gallo, chorizo bean jam and cheddar cheese. Its a whirlwind of Mexican delectables. Its like 5 dishes one. You destroy one section of bowl then move on to the next and have a completely new set of tastes to discover. I guess you could be a savage and mix it all up, but thats not my style.

My wife and buddy got meals they were satisfied with and we all got drinks that were good. My Strawberry Kiwi was delicious. Just wish all of the fresh fruit bits were pureed a bit smaller.

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was the perfect place to go whether you have under an hour to grab lunch or meeting up with friends after work for a delicious cocktail. We were in NYC for one week and ended up eating at this cute little spot THREE times. The food is made fresh! (you are actually watching them make the tortillas and cutting the limes and cilantro and onions.) We all had a fresh fruit margarita with our last meal there and were sorry we waited until the end to try their different drinks.
I highly recommend!!

Reviewed November 1, 2016

Really nice restaurant with great mexican food and margarita's. Recommend the coconut lime salt around margarita, very tasty, also the Mahi Lime Tacos. You order at the cash till first and then they will call your name when ready. They also do some combo deals at the bar. Thought this was reasonably priced for NYC. Very lively place so may be difficult to get table at times but worth a visit.

Reviewed October 10, 2016 via mobile

Great atmosphere and decor. Choose a table and order at the counter for food or take a seat at the bar for pre-dining drinks! First experience of a Mexican sandwich for me and I loved it. Margarita is good but the guacamole is amazing!!