“OLD, DISAPPOINTING & WAY OVERPRICED”
Review of Envoy Club Suites

and 1 more site!
Envoy Club Suites
Ranked #422 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“OLD, DISAPPOINTING & WAY OVERPRICED”
Reviewed September 7, 2010

The area was awful. I expected the place to be much nicer for $315.00 per night. We tried to get a room at The Beekman Towers everything was booked . So if you like broken lampshades, foriegn pubic hair in the bathroom, stained curtains, and a stale smell coming from the air conditioner, then this is your place. I nicely asked the front desk if they could at least match the price of the beekman ( which was much nicer with a beautiful bar/resturant on the 26th floor) for $245.00 a night, I was told no. The only good news about this hotel is the staff seemed nice & we didn't see any bed bugs.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Hungarian first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 14, 2010

This suite hotel/condo was a great choice. The king bed was comfortable, the kitchen was beautiful with granite countertop and water/ice-cube dispensing fridge, nice space/storage, had clothes-drying rack. The walk to the 33rd Street subway was a little far in the immense heat, but would be just fine in cooler weather. Attractions all located within a $10 cab ride from here. Only real complaint would be the carpeting that needs to be changed/cleaned.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank VancouverValleyGrl
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2010

Stain on the carpet !!!!!! so what !!!!!!!! Excellent value for money, especially in Manhattan Quiet area, kind helpful staff, everything was functional, I couldn't ask for more. If I am lucky enough to return to New York, I will have no hesitation in booking with Envoy Suites once again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank ChicoHutch
Auburn, New York
Reviewed July 12, 2010

This was my second stay at Envoy Club and we were more pleased than the first time. Great location especially if you are traveling into the city via Penn Station. Large, comfortable accommodation. Clean. Complimentary access to internet. Accomodations for my next 2 trips to NYC are already booked at Envoy Club.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank mmcarnice
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed June 21, 2010

Booked this Hotel through Priceline, and for the money ($199/night), it wasn't bad...especially for New York standards. I always use Tripadvisor before planning a trip, and had read many reviews about the Envoy Club before I booked. That said, most of the reviews about this hotel are accurate.

I chose the Envoy for its proximity to our daughter in the Murray Hill area of the city, and cost. Having spent many weekends visiting the city, I am always looking for good, clean, and reasonably priced accomodations. I am always amazed at the prices that hotels charge in this city! For the most part, The Envoy Club Suites met my needs.

First, the good part:

At $199 per night, this place is a bargain in New York City. The suite was large and had a full kitchenette. The appliances were clean, the bathroom was large (although a bit outdated), the bed was comfortable, and the linens were clean. Except for the occasional ambulance noise (the hotel is located accross the street from NYU Medical center), the neighborhood is extremely quiet and safe.

Now the bad:

The Envoy Suites Hotel isn't really a hotel at all. Rather, I got the feeling that an individual/group purchased a number of studio apartments within an apartment building and run their "hotel" out of the building. Except for its close proximity to the hospital, it really is not in a convenient location at all.

The lobby is quite nice and there is a doorman at the front desk for the apartment building. There was a small desk around the corner for the Envoy Suites, but I never saw anyone at the desk. It was always unattended. So concierge service is non-existent. The doorman is useless. So basically, check-in consists of picking up your key at the front desk from someone unaffiliated with the "hotel".

Once you get past the nice foyer, this hotel goes downhill fast. Exiting the elevator reminds one of an old college dorm, in desperate need of an overhaul. The lighting is dark and the carpeting is stained. Really a horrible first inmpression. Our suite (#411) was at the end of this dark hall, around the corner. My initial impression was that we had to leave...fast. But after a day of travelling, we were too tired to think about that option.

Entering the suite was a pleasant surprise. It was quite large by NY standards and well appointed. One of the curtain sheers was quite stained from water, and there was a glass stain on the table, but other than that, the room was pretty nice. Again, the carpet was in need of replacement. There were two safes in the closet. They were not operational, and were not bolted down...kind of odd. One of the two air-conditioners worked. I didn't bother to tell anyone because I knew from previous reviews that noone was around to help me anyway.
Given, that the weather was 90-plus degrees and humid, this was a bit of a nuisance.

So for $199/night in NYC, this traveller got a lot of space, in an inconvenient location, with no guest services, in accomodations equivalent to your typical roadside hotel/motel. A little rough around the edges and in need of an upgrade. Would not stay here again as some of the larger hotel chains have rooms with comparable prices in town. The difference being that at least there is someone around in case you need something.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 24, 2010

I have to start out by saying this is my first review I decided to write because I am started to rely on the reviews of Trip Advisor.
On a scale of 1-5
I rate hotel a 2.5 because the best thing I would say –is the space.
Yes it’s better than a hotel but you will have other issues to contend with.
The space is only other reason I did not rate it a overall ZERO. But the condition s I can definitely give a zero…
The entrance of the condo is a fabulous mask indicating luxury
because behind the mask—aint no luxury
After exiting the elevator onto the 5th floor
I was first greeted by the most horrible smell
and grease & grime on the carpet and walls.
I opend the door to the condo and again I was welcomed in with a foul and moldy smell along
With the inside carpet having the same grime matching the outside..
I toured the condo to inspect what I was getting myself into and wow was I shocked to find the following—
Very old and USED furniture in the Living Room with ripped fabric hanging off
The dining room table was shaking from side to side as if it was on its last legs—the matching chairs
Were just as old and in very bad condition
The kitchen was clean and very functional but the fridge did not get my drinks cold and the dust lying on top of the fridge was enough to send my sinus soaring…
The first bedroom—nothing fancy or luxury not even close—a spacious size bed—I am thinking it was a queen but after tuning down the white comforter—it reveal what I expected was stains on the sheets
The first bathroom was clean – but again nothing luxury or fancy about it—
The master bedroom was a good size but the soda cans left under the bed—the dust again and of course stains on the sheets—were also very visible.

Once the tour was done I immediately exited the condo to head to the store to buy cleaning and dusting supplies. I didn’t even think of complaining because no one was around to complain to and it was late at night when I arrived
So my family and I decided to make lemonade out of the lemons that was given to us..
We traveled so far and we have been planning this trip for months so I decide not to get too upset but try and clean it up to make it comfortable for all of us..

I was prepared for some things, I brought my own sheets and towels and wash cloths because based on previous reviews. I was really shocked about the condition of the furniture. I have stay in other rentals and this has to be hands down the worst….

I will leave on a positive note and state the roof top view is great and it has tables and chairs to relax on and also the cinema room is good.
One suggestion take the word LUXURY out of any reference pertaining to the Envoy Club.. Bring your own cleaning supplies, sheets and towels don’t forget a pair of slippers because walking barefoot is not an option unless you want to catch some unknown disease on your foot.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 4, 2010

I stayed in their one bedroom suite which I shared with someone. Upon check in, our room was not ready so we asked that they hold our bags. When we came back, we discovered that our bags had been kept in the public hallway (where the mailboxes are) the whole time! They advised us that new keys had been cut, and it may take a few trys for it to work. After many trys, we got the doorman - who couldn't get it open after several minutes - HUGE inconvenience! The room was spacious and the kitchen equipped with the barest of essentials - 2 cups, 3 plates, 4 forks, 1 knife. The bathroom appeared to be clean until you closed the door and saw that behind the door was covered in mold. I chose to stay on the pullout - typical type bed, uncomfortable, but a bed alas. We did have to ask for extra towels as they did not replace ours, even though we left them on the floor. When they brought extra towels (we explained that we needed 2 sets) they only brought one.

The location of the hotel is in a very nice quiet neighborhood about 4 blocks from the subway. If you like peace and quiet, but have to stay in the city, this is a good location. There are several delis and cafes within walking distance but not much else, as this is mostly a residential area.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business