“You'll be pleased with this accommodation.”
Review of Envoy Club Suites

and 1 more site!
Envoy Club Suites
Ranked #424 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 12, 2010

This was my second stay at Envoy Club and we were more pleased than the first time. Great location especially if you are traveling into the city via Penn Station. Large, comfortable accommodation. Clean. Complimentary access to internet. Accomodations for my next 2 trips to NYC are already booked at Envoy Club.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank mmcarnice
There are newer reviews for Envoy Club Suites

Reviewed June 21, 2010

Booked this Hotel through Priceline, and for the money ($199/night), it wasn't bad...especially for New York standards. I always use Tripadvisor before planning a trip, and had read many reviews about the Envoy Club before I booked. That said, most of the reviews about this hotel are accurate.

I chose the Envoy for its proximity to our daughter in the Murray Hill area of the city, and cost. Having spent many weekends visiting the city, I am always looking for good, clean, and reasonably priced accomodations. I am always amazed at the prices that hotels charge in this city! For the most part, The Envoy Club Suites met my needs.

First, the good part:

At $199 per night, this place is a bargain in New York City. The suite was large and had a full kitchenette. The appliances were clean, the bathroom was large (although a bit outdated), the bed was comfortable, and the linens were clean. Except for the occasional ambulance noise (the hotel is located accross the street from NYU Medical center), the neighborhood is extremely quiet and safe.

Now the bad:

The Envoy Suites Hotel isn't really a hotel at all. Rather, I got the feeling that an individual/group purchased a number of studio apartments within an apartment building and run their "hotel" out of the building. Except for its close proximity to the hospital, it really is not in a convenient location at all.

The lobby is quite nice and there is a doorman at the front desk for the apartment building. There was a small desk around the corner for the Envoy Suites, but I never saw anyone at the desk. It was always unattended. So concierge service is non-existent. The doorman is useless. So basically, check-in consists of picking up your key at the front desk from someone unaffiliated with the "hotel".

Once you get past the nice foyer, this hotel goes downhill fast. Exiting the elevator reminds one of an old college dorm, in desperate need of an overhaul. The lighting is dark and the carpeting is stained. Really a horrible first inmpression. Our suite (#411) was at the end of this dark hall, around the corner. My initial impression was that we had to leave...fast. But after a day of travelling, we were too tired to think about that option.

Entering the suite was a pleasant surprise. It was quite large by NY standards and well appointed. One of the curtain sheers was quite stained from water, and there was a glass stain on the table, but other than that, the room was pretty nice. Again, the carpet was in need of replacement. There were two safes in the closet. They were not operational, and were not bolted down...kind of odd. One of the two air-conditioners worked. I didn't bother to tell anyone because I knew from previous reviews that noone was around to help me anyway.
Given, that the weather was 90-plus degrees and humid, this was a bit of a nuisance.

So for $199/night in NYC, this traveller got a lot of space, in an inconvenient location, with no guest services, in accomodations equivalent to your typical roadside hotel/motel. A little rough around the edges and in need of an upgrade. Would not stay here again as some of the larger hotel chains have rooms with comparable prices in town. The difference being that at least there is someone around in case you need something.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2010

I have to start out by saying this is my first review I decided to write because I am started to rely on the reviews of Trip Advisor.
On a scale of 1-5
I rate hotel a 2.5 because the best thing I would say –is the space.
Yes it’s better than a hotel but you will have other issues to contend with.
The space is only other reason I did not rate it a overall ZERO. But the condition s I can definitely give a zero…
The entrance of the condo is a fabulous mask indicating luxury
because behind the mask—aint no luxury
After exiting the elevator onto the 5th floor
I was first greeted by the most horrible smell
and grease & grime on the carpet and walls.
I opend the door to the condo and again I was welcomed in with a foul and moldy smell along
With the inside carpet having the same grime matching the outside..
I toured the condo to inspect what I was getting myself into and wow was I shocked to find the following—
Very old and USED furniture in the Living Room with ripped fabric hanging off
The dining room table was shaking from side to side as if it was on its last legs—the matching chairs
Were just as old and in very bad condition
The kitchen was clean and very functional but the fridge did not get my drinks cold and the dust lying on top of the fridge was enough to send my sinus soaring…
The first bedroom—nothing fancy or luxury not even close—a spacious size bed—I am thinking it was a queen but after tuning down the white comforter—it reveal what I expected was stains on the sheets
The first bathroom was clean – but again nothing luxury or fancy about it—
The master bedroom was a good size but the soda cans left under the bed—the dust again and of course stains on the sheets—were also very visible.

Once the tour was done I immediately exited the condo to head to the store to buy cleaning and dusting supplies. I didn’t even think of complaining because no one was around to complain to and it was late at night when I arrived
So my family and I decided to make lemonade out of the lemons that was given to us..
We traveled so far and we have been planning this trip for months so I decide not to get too upset but try and clean it up to make it comfortable for all of us..

I was prepared for some things, I brought my own sheets and towels and wash cloths because based on previous reviews. I was really shocked about the condition of the furniture. I have stay in other rentals and this has to be hands down the worst….

I will leave on a positive note and state the roof top view is great and it has tables and chairs to relax on and also the cinema room is good.
One suggestion take the word LUXURY out of any reference pertaining to the Envoy Club.. Bring your own cleaning supplies, sheets and towels don’t forget a pair of slippers because walking barefoot is not an option unless you want to catch some unknown disease on your foot.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2010

I stayed in their one bedroom suite which I shared with someone. Upon check in, our room was not ready so we asked that they hold our bags. When we came back, we discovered that our bags had been kept in the public hallway (where the mailboxes are) the whole time! They advised us that new keys had been cut, and it may take a few trys for it to work. After many trys, we got the doorman - who couldn't get it open after several minutes - HUGE inconvenience! The room was spacious and the kitchen equipped with the barest of essentials - 2 cups, 3 plates, 4 forks, 1 knife. The bathroom appeared to be clean until you closed the door and saw that behind the door was covered in mold. I chose to stay on the pullout - typical type bed, uncomfortable, but a bed alas. We did have to ask for extra towels as they did not replace ours, even though we left them on the floor. When they brought extra towels (we explained that we needed 2 sets) they only brought one.

The location of the hotel is in a very nice quiet neighborhood about 4 blocks from the subway. If you like peace and quiet, but have to stay in the city, this is a good location. There are several delis and cafes within walking distance but not much else, as this is mostly a residential area.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2010

Stayed here while my spouse was having surgery at NYU. The room was larger than expected, and the staff was very nice. I had no problem getting extra towels, and the concierge was very attentive.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 19, 2010

We rented a 2 bedroom suite at the Envoy Club in Nov. 2006 (wouldn't let me pick 2006 so I had to choose 2007). There were 2 bathrooms as well as a kitchen and living room... large foyer and plenty of closet space. It was a really nice hotel room and more economical than renting 2 separate hotel rooms since we had 5 people. The Envoy Club is centrally located and its easy to catch a taxi nearby. There's also a little deli within walking distance and the neighborhood was safe enough for us to walk down the street at night to the deli. This ended up being just perfect for us! We were there over the Thanksgiving weekend... Wed thru Saturday nights.

Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 14, 2010

I was pleasantly surprised by the studio room I rented for a long weekend. A beautiful kitchen stocked with dishes, flatware, cookware, microwave and utensils was a wonderful way to curb expenses by eliminating a few restaurant meals. The bed was comfortable, and there was ample closet space. The bathroom was bright and roomy. The rooms were spotless--the cleaning staff was excellent--and there was even a view down First Avenue with a glimpse of sunrise. There never seemed to be anyone at the "concierge" desk, so I suppose that if I needed more than the room key at check in, it could have been an issue. Location was pretty far over on the east side, but certainly midtown enough to be walkable to many things. In all, I was delighted by the spaciousness; it felt as if I had an apartment in the city, instead of a hotel room--which was a lovely experience.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo