“Got order wrong”

Ranked #7 of 804 Quick Bites in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Fresh hand rolled bagels with variety of cream cheeses. Breakfast and lunch sandwiches, egg platters, fresh salads, home made soups, premium coffee and drinks. We also do breakfast and lunch catering. All baking done on premises
Reviewed March 21, 2019 via mobile

We stopped by best bagel and coffee on the way to the airport. We were looking forward to great bagels on the way out of town. We didn't eat them till we were in JFK. My smoked salmon on an everything bagel was fantastic. My husband ordered a blueberry bagel. Since we wouldn't eat them till the airport I checked the order as she bagged it. It said "BB" so I figured it was his blueberry bagel. However when he opened at the airport it was everything with tunafish, neither of which my husband likes. I'm sure it was an honest mistake and I usually never fault a restaurant for this. But this was literally our only chance for NY bagel and he was looking forward to it. He had to settle for airport food.

Date of visit: March 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,613)

Reviewed March 21, 2019 via mobile

The lines are long for good reason. Buy out 15 to 20 minutes to get some of the freshest and best bagels you will find uptown. Coffee is just ok, but the bagels make up for it.

Reviewed March 20, 2019 via mobile

We went here as the reviews were good and you can’t go to New York without having a bagel.
Everyone enjoyed their bagel in the family there is only two down sides.
1) not enough seating.
2) I burnt my mouth on the hot steak and cheese causing a blister, but that was probably my fault for getting to keen to stuff it down

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed March 17, 2019 via mobile

Wide selection of bagels and spreads. Other menu options. Fairly quick. Egg dishes take longer. Bagel order line to the right. Then order drinks and pay to the left. Lots of people waiting for their orders on the left. Way better than average bagels. Not a lot of seating space.

Reviewed March 17, 2019

Clearly, I'm in the minority about this place. I walked in and thought that there were no bagels left. I couldn't see them. I asked what kinds were left, and was told, "we got everything." I was surprised that they had every kind but they weren't visible to the customer. Half the fun is picking the bagel. I got a whole wheat everything bagel. It was large and very doughy. If you're looking for something inexpensive that will fill you, then this is your place.