“What a Lox!”

Ranked #7 of 804 Quick Bites in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Fresh hand rolled bagels with variety of cream cheeses. Breakfast and lunch sandwiches, egg platters, fresh salads, home made soups, premium coffee and drinks. We also do breakfast and lunch catering. All baking done on premises
Reviewed January 16, 2019 via mobile

I love lox for breakfast. I normally cook it at home but I like to get it when I travel if I can. Normally places give sparing servings of lox with mostly bagel and cream cheese. Not the case here! This massive sandwich is big enough for 2 people! I got the wheat bagel (they dont have thins) with lox, capers, tomato, plain cream cheese (lots of options) and cucumbers. It was $11. A quick stop that I'll definitely return to.

Date of visit: January 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,613)

Reviewed January 13, 2019

Was looking for a typical Bagel place in NYC for breakfast, we found it.

Best Bagel and Coffee did not disappoint, order the salmon bagel, we share one and we were full.

The bagel was so big to begin with, plus the cream cheese and top with a stack of salmon, amazing value.

Wish St-Viateur Bagel in Montreal would visit this joint and have something similar

Reviewed January 10, 2019 via mobile

It is so hard rating a badge place in NY , but if you are looking for bagels that are huge this is the place , they are softball sized they don’t skimp on the cream cheese, big line moves very fast. Some seating but not much . Not the best bagel flavor wise ,a bit too soft ,next time I would have them toast it , but still a very good bagel .

Reviewed January 10, 2019

The bagels are so worth it!

It was raining so we very almost didn't bother but I'm so glad we did. The staff was great and we got our food in no time.

It really does live up to its name: best bagel I've had!

Reviewed January 9, 2019 via mobile

When we arrived there was a line but don’t be put off by it - it Moves really quickly!!
I had eggs/bacon and tater tots and my husband had a plan bagel with strawberry jelly nonetheless he said it’s the best food he’s had in our entire trip. My breakfast was gorgeous and the hazelnut coffee was a delight. A definite must for
Your trip!!