“First Class Spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Oasis Day Spa

Oasis Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: As you descend the marble staircase to the relaxing aroma of scented candles, make note that this was the former entry to the 33rd street subway station from years ago. You enter the quiet serenity of Oasis, named Favorite Day Spa in NYC by the readers of Spa magazine which has 19 deluxe treatment rooms and a private event space for parties. This location also features acupuncture and Breathe Easy dry salt therapy. Men's and women's changing areas have all the amenities including showers, sauna and private lockers. Clients will be provided with a comfy robe and sandals and can relax before or after treatments in our beautiful relaxation room featuring an herbal tea bar and snacks. Catering is available to parties of six or more. Our reception and retail area carry a wide variety of spa, skin, body care lines and gift items to bring the Oasis experience home.
US
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“First Class Spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2009

As a frequent spa junkie I was thrilled to find a spa in New York City that exceeded all expectations. beautiful ambience, great customer service and most important therapists who listened to what I wanted. reasonably priced as well and loved the amenities. Highly recommend

2 Thank TradeShowMan

new york
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2006

To start on a positive note, the spa is clean and nicely decorated and the staff is friendly. I am sorry to say I was otherwise very unhappy with my experience. Even after I called to confirm several days prior to my appointment, they still had me scheduled for a different service. (I called to confirm because the person who originally made my appointment sounded like it was his first day on the job, so I wanted to be sure everything was scheduled right). The person I spoke with the second time said everything was all set. Of course when I arrived, it was in fact incorrectly scheduled. The only thing they did to correct the situation was offer me an alternative service (at full price). To make matters worse the massage I had was pretty bad. In fact it was a complete waste of money. I get massages about once every two months (at various spas). this was the worst one I have received. I hate to be negative, but it really wasn't worth the money.

3 Thank travelingnewlyweds
San Francisco
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Nothing Special on Park Avenue...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2006

I'm a Spa Girl and was in town for a few nights w/my bfriend on vacation. He had a facial I had a massage and it was fine. This is not a high end spa. It was touted as good for couples on NYMag website so... the only real complaint I have was that the massage table was the cheap portable kind that fold up. I expected more from a $95 - 50 minute massage. Next time I'll try one of those snobby, upscale day spas.

3 Thank iluvrome
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice surprise ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2006

We were visiting at friends for the holidays and thought a little pampering would be nice too. I didn't know I could get massages or facials at a hotel I'm not staying at but what a nice surprise! - we were lucky and got appointments in a really lovely place they have at the Affinia (Dumont, I think it's called - it's on East 34tth St). It was serene and pampering, for sure, and the staff were all intelligent and caring - not something I've come across in many places. I really had a great massage and their steam showers are amazing! I don't know when I'll be back in NYC, but I hope they have room at the spa for me next time (maybe I'll find "room at the inn" there too -- it sounds like a lovely hotel from the reviews I've read and it was quite nice when we were shown around)

Freehold, New Jersey
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“So Relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2005

I have not been to a lot of spas but I have a feeling I have now set the bar pretty high by visiting Oasis Day Spa (I went to the one by 33rd and Park). My friend and I got the hour long customized facials.

When you enter, it is a very nice waiting area where we were quickly checked in. We were led to a women's locker room that had showers, lockers, and all types of ameneties (deoderant, q-tips, lotion, etc.). We changed into our robes and slippers and went to wait in a quiet, candle-lit room where there was water, tea, dried fruit, and nuts. The signs ask that you whisper in the halls because the treatment rooms are all along the halls.

My friend and I got called (right on time I should add) into our respective rooms and the magic began. The person who did my facial was great. She only talked when she was telling me what she was doing (which was good to know) and made it so that I almost fell asleep. You lay down on a table for the facial (which surprised me) and even get a bit of a massage while different masks are drying (I had my arms and hands done while my friend had the tops of her arms and feet done. I am a bit jealous about her foot massage)!!!!!! It lasted 60 minutes and was amazingly relaxing. I chose to have extraction so that pinched a little but was minimal pain. Wouldn't even call it pain because I was expecting pinches.

Everything went so smoothly. Very relaxing, felt amazing, and they were on time and all of the staff seemed so courteous. I want to go back!

3 Thank Karen S