Open today: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
A Fine Getaway for an Hour or Two...

Reviewed February 16, 2018

from $209.00
from $38.00
from $57.00
More Info
All reviews swedish massage problem areas deep tissue massage new york masseuse lockers session nyc
Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

We arrived for a couple's treatment, swedish massage. The change rooms are clean, and the aroma is pleasant. We changed and sat in the waiting area. If your claustrophobic it may be stressing as the whole spa is under ground and dark. The tea and water was nice. We went into the massage room with our therapists we told them our concerned and problem areas to focus on, they didn't really focus on them. Afterwards we we're invited to stay and relax a little while longer however a few loud and large group of women were there with no regard for other guests. Needless to say it wasn't as relaxing when we left.
We showered and changed and my husband came out to tell the reception that his shower head fell on his head while showering. All we got was an apology. He did ask maintenance to fix it but my husband had already experienced the heavy shower head falling on him. Paid full price.
The end result, not relaxing or comforting.

Bruceoasisdayspa, Owner at Oasis Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We are sorry a large party did not respect the quiet atmosphere and tranquility of our space. We did speak with them as soon as we heard they were a tad loud. Our massage team is considered among the best anywhere, so it is rare we have an unhappy customer. Swedish is meant to be a relaxing massage unlike Deep Tissue which is a lot stronger. We are happy to recommend therapists and the correct massage to always meet specific needs. In regards to a showerhead your husband advised us it was loose, it did not fall. We appreciated the notice and tightened it immediately. Feedback is always important to helping us deliver the superior experience we are known for. Please reach out to me directly on your next visit and I will personally make sure you have an amazing visit. Thanks you
bruce@oasisdayspanyc.com

Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

Went here with my husband for our anniversary. First of all the facility is extremely messy and dirty. It does not feel like a nice relaxing spa atmosphere. It feels more like a pit stop. Call me crazy but spas are supposed to feel like an escape from reality and here I felt like I was in a little hole in the wall. It’s in a basement and the women’s lockers literally has one bathroom in there which isn’t even clean. Next we went In for a couples massage for 60 minutes but we clearly stated that I needed a prenatal massage. We get into the room and the therapist claims she was not notified so by the time that was sorted out it took 15-20 minutes. And you think that time was given back to me for my massage ? Nope it was not. I lost time and got charged extra for a prenatal massage as compared to a regular massage. After my massage when I notified the front desk and manager they gave me a whopping 10% off which saved me about a whole $7-10. Bottom line is do not go to this spa. There are muchhhh better places in Manhattan

4  Thank celia r

Straight away this review must be about another spa. If anything is true it is that Oasis Day Spa is immaculate and you can eat off the floors. Our women's locker room is 600 square feet, has 2 private bathrooms, 3 private shower stalls, sauna and 44 individual lockers. Our prenatal massages are indeed a tad more expensive, but the booking log clearly showed that your husband did not request a prenatal at time of scheduling. We truly do appreciate feedback and constructive advice, after all we only want happy guests. I am happy to help schedule your next visit personally, and promise to make sure your experience exceeds expectations Thanks for taking the time to write the review.
Bruce@oasisdayspanyc.com

Reviewed February 16, 2018

This is, perhaps, my 17th visit to this amazing spa, but the first time I've had the chance to share my thoughts about them on Trip Advisor.

The location is easily reached in the heart of New York, the facility has so many options for clients to enjoy (facials, makeovers, sauna, massages, salt therapy...) and the staff are all wonderful to interact with.

Amazing handiwork by the masseuses (I usually go every single year for either my anniversary or Valentine's Day with my wife, and we always have the side-by-side massages where we are treated to amazing body work while being in each other's company). Truly a masters of their craft who always leave us relaxed, at ease and rejuvenated.

I've been going to Oasis for approximately 17 years with my wife, and this has been one of the most intricate and best sessions to date.

Just keep in mind, you can pay with your credit cards, but tips must be given in cash.

Bruceoasisdayspa, Owner at Oasis Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. I am so proud of the dedicated professionals who I have the chance to work with on a daily basis, they truly care deeply about our guests. We look forward to seeing you again on visit #18, and please give me some advance notice so I can say hello.

Cheers

Bruce

Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

Oasis Day Spa in NYC, was a great experience. Very warm atmosphere and welcoming staff. What a way to end a Saturday night. I had a deep tissue massage, yes a little pain, but it was all worth it. They offer different types of facials, massages, products, etc to soothe your body and mind I would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed June 22, 2017

This so-called "spa" is located in the dingy basement space of an aging Park Avenue office building. I'd been here before, IT HAS CHANGED. I arrived late on a Saturday and by the time my massage was done, I was the last client in the place. While I was dressing, an attendant, who didn't seem like your regular spa attendant, walked into the men's locker room. I wasn't all that comfortable so I finished dressing and quickly headed for the front desk to pay. Moments after I left the locker room, I reached for my wallet only to remember that I had dropped it in my bathrobe while I was dressing. At that point I turned around to open the locker room door only to find the same attendant with my wallet in his hand. I take it from him and lo and behold, there is no longer any cash in it. When I confront him, he has no idea what happened to my money. Startled, I tell the folks at reception. What is their response? They bill me for my massage and send me on my way. Fortunately, their employees had not stolen my credit cards too or I'd have no way to pay the bill. If your idea of a satisfying spa experience is feeling violated, this is the place for you. Don't say I didn't warn you!

3  Thank petersX5914HR
Bruceoasisdayspa, Owner at Oasis Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2017

This guest has an ax to grind because we let go one of his friends. Alleging theft is a horrible thing, especially about an honest individual. This guest had been to Oasis many times and never found our beautiful facilities a problem until his friend was terminated.

Fact is we took his allegation seriously, asked him how much was stolen and he could not answer. We know the employee in question who is such an honest and good person- but yet we requested to see what was in his pockets- all of $6 and a metro card.

Follow-up messages to this charlatan to find out if he did in fact find his $ were ignored. In addition he is carpeting the review sites with this bogus story as retribution.

Read all the reviews here about Oasis, enough said.

Reviewed June 7, 2017 via mobile

If you've never been to a spa and don't know the difference, then Oasis spa might do. But if you do know what a great spa experience is, don't bother with this place and certainly don't bring business associates here!

From the minute we walked in till we left we were treated to a noisy rushed unprofessional experience.

While the treatment staff were nice people that didn't help when the services (we had 3 each) were the filled with tension!

Our adventure began at front desk. They said we didn't have appointments on their schedule. Of course they sent confirmation email which after 10 minutes they realized oh yes we do in fact have appointments. (Appointments were made two months in advance). Then off to the women's locker room. We were told to put robes on and put belongings in lockers. Unfortunately it took three attempts at three different lockers to get one that worked. That was with staff help. While getting in our robes, we were asked to leave the locker room so pictures for an ad could be taken. No choice but to walk out. It only took a few minutes but those were minutes we didn't have due to locker issue.

As for the services, we started with the salt room. While we were in our robes with nothing underneath, men were looming in there while other women were in there speaking at conversational level. Impossible to relax. The minute we closed our eyes, the staff woke us up to say you're next service is in 15 minutes. Why not wait 14 minutes before alerting us!!?? And there is a clock in there too!

Next stop was massage. Both of us tried to relax but the therapists wouldn't stop talking! Even after being asked, they each kept chatting and chatting. A good therapist takes cues from client. If client is silent, they keep quiet. Not at Oasis! Hard to relax.

Lastly we had facials. The services were lovely and the therapists were both good.

Back to front desk to check out. What a fiasco! They prefer tips to be given in cash (doesn't everyone) rather than be placed on credit cards. While we all know what that's about, a "service" business should provide service. Once we got passed that issue, I noticed they "forgot" to apply the Tuesday night special discounts to our packages. Well that was a whole new ballgame till they figured out (they didn't, I did) how to issue the credit. It took an additional 30 minutes to checkout.

I've never experienced anything like it. The icing on the cake was when I reached out to the manager. Of course she's just doing her job and has little if any control. We emailed back and forth for a few months, yes months. Her last email, two months ago, said the owner will reach out. Have you heard from an anyone?? No, I haven't either.
Perhaps Oasis spa should remember satisfied customers are what keep business doors open. Or maybe they just don't care......
So many other options in New York City. Don't bother with this one!

2  Thank CSDO123

Sorry you felt rushed, but when you arrive 30 minutes late and want to receive as much time of your services our staff tries to assist you.

Reviewed March 14, 2017

Having a mid week session at the Oasis Day Spa really added to our experience of New York. An excellent venue to experience relaxation and pampering.
The service and treatments available were second to none.

My troubled start was as a result of booking 6 months ahead and even with subsequent confirmations a month before, we found that the booking did not reflect the agreements. Fortunately this was highlighted by a confirmation e mail the night before so a series of e mail exchanges ensured that all was well in the end, if not a little stressful.

Whilst annoying at the time, it would not stop me recommending the Oasis Day Spa to anyone.

Thanks for taking the time to visit Oasis and write your review. Check our monthly and weekly specials, there is always something wonderful happening here.

Reviewed January 22, 2017

Being several times in New York, I enjoyed a few massages in the past at different venues. But the best massages I always have, is at Oasis Day Spa at 1 Park Ave. The therapists are highly professional and very friendly. They ask you about the whished pressure, if everything is OK and know exactly what treatment your body needs. The location is situated in the subfloor, but this doesn't disturb since you anyway feel in heaven. After your massage you can relax as long as you want. There is enough water and tea available to drink. Even a sauna is available for those who want to sweat a little bit. The prices are in the mid to upper range, but the treatmeant you get is absolutely worthwhile! I suggest to take at least a one hour massage. 90 minutes is even better to fully shut down your spirit. I will go again and again to Oasis Day Spa since it is my best address for massages in New York. A big thank you to all therapists and the staff working there. You're really great!

Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

We was given a gift for our wedding. Upon arrival they were very friendly and tried we were comfortable. As we do not speak Spanish but we understood each other perfectly. Hard massage 1 hour for 2 people. we did it together. The professionalism of the masseuses is bright. Suellen special mention for the best. We came away very happy and if we stuck more time in NY we return safe.
------
Nos regalaron una tarjeta regalo por nuestra boda. Al llegar fueron muy amables e intentaron que estuvieramos comodos. No hablan español como nosotros pero nos entendiamos a la perfeccion. El masaje duro 1 hora para 2 personas. Lo hicimos juntos. la profesionalidad de las masajistas es brillante. Mencion especial para Suellen, la mejor. Salimos muy contentos y si nos quedasemos mas tiempo en NY nosotros volvemos seguro.

Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

Booked Oasis Day Spa and it's evident why they are rated highly. The facilities were excellent. Decor was apt for the mood desired and very clean. The staff were very professional and attentive. I chose the express spa treatment (facial and massage) and both were excellent. I highly recommend Oasis Day Spa for relaxation and rejuvenation.