“Awesome massage!”
Review of Oasis Day Spa

Oasis Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: As you descend the marble staircase to the relaxing aroma of scented candles, make note that this was the former entry to the 33rd street subway station from years ago. You enter the quiet serenity of Oasis, named Favorite Day Spa in NYC by the readers of Spa magazine which has 19 deluxe treatment rooms and a private event space for parties. This location also features acupuncture and Breathe Easy dry salt therapy. Men's and women's changing areas have all the amenities including showers, sauna and private lockers. Clients will be provided with a comfy robe and sandals and can relax before or after treatments in our beautiful relaxation room featuring an herbal tea bar and snacks. Catering is available to parties of six or more. Our reception and retail area carry a wide variety of spa, skin, body care lines and gift items to bring the Oasis experience home.
New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Awesome massage!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I LOVED my massage! I booked a last minute birthday deep tissue massage, and chose Oasis in part because of the many good reviews. I went to the location on Park Avenue. The entrance is a bit jarring because it's in the lobby of an office building, and you have to push the door really hard to get in!

However, walk down a few steps, and you really are transported completely away from the city. The photos on the site honestly do not do it justice. The entrance is beautiful, the staff is very nice, and I loved the peaceful waiting area complete with water and tea which was frequently restocked, and the massage was awesome, and it was really quiet.

The only reason I didn't give 5 starts is because the changing room/bathroom could be a little more spa feeling. It does have a small sauna (yippeee!) just felt a little lacking in decor somehow.

I will DEFINITELY be coming back here!

Visited November 2013

Crossville
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A Very Good Birthday Gift”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I received a gift card for a couples Swedish massage for my birthday trip to NYC. My daughter and I went to the spa together and were on beds side by side, each with our own therapist. When we checked in, they asked if I preferred a male or female masseur and at that time, this being only the second massage in my life, I requested a female. Before she began, the masseur asked if I wanted gentle or firm massage. I decided on firm, and it sure was firm! She rolled, pushed, and rolled. It felt good. But the next day I sure knew I'd had a massage. Next time I will ask how firm is firm or ask them to give me a sample of a firm move and a gentle one. All in all, it was a good experience and the soreness did not last more than a day.

Visited July 2012
Sydney
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Better than expected, great massage!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We were in need of a massage and managed to call the Oasis Day Spa and they managed to accommodate us for the next day. We booked in to the Oasis Day Spa at the Affinia Dumunt hotel venue.
I was just expected a basic massage, rushed in and out. But we were greeted and seated in a waiting area then provided with slippers and robes. The change rooms were nice with free lockers. We were then escorted to the spa waiting room with teas, water and relaxing music. We had booked for a couple side-by-side massage for 60 mins.
The 2 therapists met us 5 minutes before our booked time to take us to our room, the couples room was nice and we were asked about pressure, aches & pains etc... They then left us to get on the beds. Our massages were great and very relaxing, the right amount of pressure and the full 60 minutes (none of this leaving 5 mins before the time is up to let you 'rest')
At the end they gave us time to get our robes back on and got us water to be taken back to the relaxing waiting room. All round the booking flowed well and we had no problems and no disappointments, it was all professional and well worth it. If i was in NYC again i would happily go back there again. The therapists did not ask for tips like most other service industries in the US, but we were aware that tips should be paid to this profession and they give you envelops at the front desk when you pay if you want to leave a tip. (If you are expecting a full on spa with pools, saunas etc... check with the places when you book. Most Beauty Salon's are called 'Spas' in the USA, we were aware of this so weren't expecting a full on spa.)

Visited February 2013
Louisville, KY
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Basic and OK”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I was looking for a nice place to take my daughter for a facial and found the Oasis Day Spa. I do not have any complaints about our services, as they were just fine, but the locker rooms could use a bit of cleaning. Also, this is not exactly a "luxury spa." You will not be placing your feet up on a lounge chair and be handed a lovely juice....And, the front desk was a bit "curt" with us. But, if you are just looking for a decent facial with an OK waiting room and don't really care about the setting, this place is really just fine.

Visited July 2012
New York City, New York
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“For a little selp pampering try the Oasis”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

A few times a year I feel the need to take care of me, I'm more likely to do it on vacation but sometimes the stress builds up and I just have indulge in a spa treatment. Treatments in NYC can be very pricey for the time alloted so I usually do at least one Spa Week special in April and then again when ever the stress builds up.
Oasis on Park is one of the two places I've gone to which do a really good job on the pampering and massaging ~ the other is Red Door.
Oasis has a dedicated changing area, a relaxing waiting area, with the requisite water and lemon, flavored teas and light snacks. They also have very good masseurs; I always go for a massage because with as many nail places as there are in the city I don't go to a spa for a nail job. I have never been disappointed by the service, the space or the realization of the relaxation that I seek. And periodically they do run specials.

Visited December 2011