“Food tour”

Better Adventures Tours
Ranked #240 of 595 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: There's no better way to see a city than with Better Adventures. Go on an urban adventure with a guide who will change the way you see NYC. Learn fascinating stories about the streets you walk through and learn the fun facts about landmarks that people often have no idea about. With friendly guides showing you a city they're passionate about this is a fun way to see NYC for locals or tourists.
Stamford, Connecticut
92 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Food tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We did a food tour with Giovanni and loved it. The food choices were excellent and the commentary was very interesting. Giovanni was a great guide. He is knowledgeable and engaging.

Visited July 2013

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Terrific!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Geovanni is a fantastic guide - I highly recommend the West Village and Highline tour for locals and tourists alike.

Visited June 2013
Brooklyn, New York, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Downtown to Chinatown Tour!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

1/12/13

In January, I took the Better Adventures - Historic Downtown to Chinatown Tour. The tour goes from bottom of Manhattan, near Battery Park, to Chinatown.

First off, while I enjoyed this tour, our initial experience dealing with the tour company was not the best -- a miscommunication about our scheduled tour date. Geovannit was also late to our tour - a fact that had seemed to have happened the previous weekend tour as well.

But regardless, he made up for it with his knowledge and personality! You can tell how much he enjoys his job and loves the city. Plus he got us amazing food at the end of the tour from nearby Chinatown restaurants (as this was a foodie tour). There's a lot of history on this tour and we visited several downtown landmarks (churches etc) before heading to Chinatown.

I enjoyed this tour very much though --- I would recommend this tour or take one of their other ones as well.

For more information (and some photos from the tour), check out my blog post: http://goo.gl/T46XV

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Kati D
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“What a GREAT Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Geovanni, was a great and very informed tour guide. I had the pleasure of being on not only his Downtown / Chinatown tour, but his Central Park tour as well and both were executed perfectly. He did a great job of painting a picture of how NY was centuries ago and providing great detail in key parts of the tour.

Great job Geovanni!

Visited March 2013
Manhattan, New York, United States
“Best Central Park Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

This review is long overdue. I did the Central Park walking tour on a very cold Sunday afternoon with Geovanni as my guide and 4 other people. The tour was excellent. Not only was Geovanni knowlegeable, he was also very friendly and personable!!! He made sure everyone had the same experience and that we enjoyed his wealth of history and love of the park. The group took pictures, shared laughs, and exchanged stories, etc. I will definately go back in all of the seasons :-)

Visited February 2013