“Great way to learn about your city”

Better Adventures Tours
Ranked #250 of 627 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: There's no better way to see a city than with Better Adventures. Go on an urban adventure with a guide who will change the way you see NYC. Learn fascinating stories about the streets you walk through and learn the fun facts about landmarks that people often have no idea about. With friendly guides showing you a city they're passionate about this is a fun way to see NYC for locals or tourists.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great way to learn about your city”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Most of the people that were on my tour were locals, so Geovanni made sure not just to point out the important sights, but also those little idiosyncrasies of the city that only locals would appreciate, but know nothing about. Overall, a great tour guide: knowledgeable, courteous, and personable. Would definitely recommend for locals and non-locals alike.

Visited February 2013

San Jose, California
4 attraction reviews
“Made our Vacation!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband, two friends, and I all made a trip out to NY in the beginning of January to visit my friends brother, see the sights, and eat the food. I was fortunate enough to find these tours on Living Social and bought three of the foodie ones, the midtown adventures, Chinatown, and night on the town. All were great!!!!! Giovanni was great, he knows the history and the food!!! My only regret is not doing the central park tour. Even my husband who has been to New York many times had a blast. These tours were a great way to experience a wide variety of what the city has to offer over a short amount of time, they took us through locations that are not necessarily well known touristy spots, and the ones that were, Giovanni would tell you about the history and made them so much more special. He did such a wonderful job customizing the tours to the group and he is truly a kind person which made giving him our business all the more rewarding. On top of providing us with wonderful tours he also talked with us one on one and made suggestions of other sites to see and places to visit. We all loved Better Adventures.

Watertown, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Trouble for the second time”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We bought a voucher to go on a Foodie Tour in NYC. We used Better Adventure. We had a bad experience the first time we used them but tried again. We took a train to the city. We are 2 hours away. An hour before the tour they canceled our tour. We spent money and time to get to NYC and then to spend more money on dinner.
I will never use this tour company again.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank jlecours
Newton,NJ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“wonderful,informative,interesting Central Park walking tour!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Seven (adult) members of our family did the Central Park "Foodie" Tour on Sat.,1/12/13. We live in NJ and travel into NYC,and are very familiar with Central Park, but we all learned so much. I think it would be great for tourists,but it's also a great tour for those of us that that live close-we found we still have alot to learn! Our tour guide was Giovanni, and as so many others in these reviews have said,he was awesome-knowledgeable, interesting, and very passionate about the Park. Our tour had about 17 people, and it was all adults, which I was very glad. My only recommendation would be to have some tours that allow children, and others that are only adults. Part of our group was on the "foodie" tour, the other wasn't. I would highly recommend signing up for the "foodie" tour,it is a little more, but our group of 7 felt it was worth it. All in all, a great day, and will sign up for more tours with Giovanni!

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“NYC Central Park Stroll- Walking Tour”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

It's a pretty long tour so I'm glad the temp outside was at least 50 degrees but I would highly recommend it if you're into learning more about the history of the park and/or you'd like to see some neat places in the park that you may not have seen before!!

Our guide Geovane was amazing!! You can just tell he has a sincere appreciation of the park and was very knowledgeable. We didn't do the foodie version- we were mixed in with the folks that did and I didn't feel like I missed out.

A must do :)