“Fabulous hotel in a great location!!!”

Hyatt Place New York Midtown South
Ranked #143 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Toronto, Canada
“Fabulous hotel in a great location!!!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Our family of 4 stayed here 4th of July weekend and we loved it!!! It's very well-located (super-close to Macy's 5th Ave - the original). There are lots of sights and restaurants within easy walking distance. We ate at the Keg Room across the road twice and were very happy. It's also great access off the highway if you're driving in. We would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

My last stay was at the Eventi and this was not as plush. However, I like space and on 21st floor I had full size bathroom, king bed, mini couch and felt like I could move in the room. View was solid as well. Staff was helpful and nice - nothing was unattended to. I got the room for 249 for five nights. No complaints. I even had a room by the elevator and no noise. Housekeeping respected the privacy sign and left a note they'd come back. Was in town on business but for budget this could be a hotel for either. Free breakfast was what you'd expect. Standard and free but something for everyone. Good hotel. Well run.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We asked for a room with a view and we got an amazing view of the Empire state.New clean decent sized rooms with everything you need to make your stay a pleasure.We had not problems with elevators at all and the breakfast options were great way to start the day.Would reccomend the place without hesitation and will go back there on our next visit to NY.

Andy,Calgary.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Marne-la-Vallee, France
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel. We weren't supposed to stay there but we had a bad surprise at the next door hotel (I said what I had to on their page).
I was glad to arrive in a good looking hotel, with a nice smell in the lobby (can seem like a detail but was great to find when we arrived). We had a good deal for 3 of us.

Our room was on the 10th floor. Clean, Spacious, Comfortable. the view wasn't the best, as well as some noise from the ventilation outside but we slept really well !!!!! For those who are interested the TV was huge ! Breakfast was included, simple but did its job before a day out in the city. Location was great next to Herald Square, a few minutes walking to Times Square.
The only "bad" thing about the hotel is the elevators that can take ages... but I guess that to be expected in a 26 story building !

I was very glad to find the friendly and helpful staff of Hyatt Place, and I will probably go back if I have the opportunity !

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Location is great - all of the Midtown attractions are walkable. The subway is right around the corner as well and cabs are readily available on 5th or 6th Ave.

Room is a great size for Manahttan and everything is clean and new. I would definitely recommend this hotel to people looking for an affordable option in the heart of the island.

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the Hyatt Place September 21st for a night to enjoy Manhattan. I had made reservation at the Hyatt and used my anniverssary night on the Hyatt card. When I called to check on the reservation it was changed....to a later date... I had checked on the site and the hotel. After an hour we were able to change it back. We were assured of a upgrade... When we arrived they had no room for us....Amanda who was at the desk quickly remedied the situation. She upgraded us immediately! The next day we requested an extended checkout and was kept on hold by Samantha for 20 minutes, I kept an eye on my watch! Samantha answered the phone and put us on hold again! I called back and spoke with Amanda. She immediately gave us the extended checkout. BTW, Samantha was the one who assured us we had the upgrade before we arrived. The property is also located next to ongoing construction, they are constructing a building right next to the property. Luckily we were there during the weekend and had no problems. The room was great! It was very well kept. Beds were new and we had a great flat screen TV. The bathroom was very nice too. It was clean and not a bit of mold. Beware the soap dish though...once that soap is wet it will never come off..(heh). In the morning the air conditioning started to rattle. When we went downstairs I liked the free breakfast and the seating. It was a bit crowded but the staff had a great smile. They were attentive and welcoming. Amanda was at the desk and had a smile and a wonderful attitude. She asked how our stay was and it was great! She had overcome the problems I had by addressing them quickly and with a smile. Kudos to you Amanda! The only item she could not overcome was the crowded elevator. There were only 2 for the whole hotel. I gave three stars because of the construction, the elevator and Samantha. I give Amanda ten stars if I could. It' the staff which give the hotel it's value. The maid, maintenance staff, and restaurant staff all had smiles and wonderful attitudes. I even watched as a maintenance worker gave a guest pointers on New York. He was gracious and funny. I definitely would go back again....if Amanda is there.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
SoCal
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed at Hyatt Place just last week and thought it was a very pleasant hotel. I used my Hyatt points to garner the reservation, and that alone saved me over $1200 for a three-night stay. The lobby is very small, but I was greeted quickly upon entering, and they even had a room ready for me when I checked-in at around 10 a.m.

The room that I had over looked 36th Street, and was clean and tidy. As expected, the rooms in NYC are small, and this was no different, but the amenities were great. Big flatscreen, safe in the closet, and a modern bathroom. Beds were also comfortable.

As noted in other reviews, they only have two elevators, and the only time that I really waited for one was on Sunday when I checked-out. The property is conveniently located to the subway (just 2 blocks away) and a short walk to Times Square.

This is a solid choice for anyone looking for a place in Manhattan.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo