“Amazing place to stay!”

Hyatt Place New York Midtown South
Ranked #155 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 1, 2013

What a wonderful experience we had at the Hyatt! We went for the weekend and the staff is exceptional. A special thank you to Raul, he was always ready to assist our group in any way he could. His professionalism and friendly demeanor made our trip even better. Very clean rooms and the location was awesome. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Jason C, Regional Director of Operations at Hyatt Place New York Midtown South, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Renee613,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay with us here at the Hyatt Place in NYC. I wanted to acknowledge I received your comments about Raul and will be letting him know you mentioned him in your review. We love it when a guest points out exceptional service from one of the staff, it really makes their day.

I'm thrilled you had a great stay and hope when in NYC again, you'll make the Hyatt Place your choice for lodging again.

Best Regards for a great summer!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I should first qualify this review by sharing that I used points for my stay. I also have Platinum status with Marriott and Gold with Hilton. I currently do not have "status" with Hyatt. However, I've stayed at 10+ Hyatt Places when traveling for business in the past, and since I had the family with me, thought this particular hotel would be a great choice. Given the raving fans, I had high expectations. That was a mistake. Yes, the staff is friendly and responsive but frankly, they didn't really seem to be on top of things. Issue #1: when checking in (after 4PM), room we were assigned was not ready as there was still food in the mini-fridge, personal items left by the previous guest, and linen service was not quite finished. Yes, we were assigned another room, which was great but point is whole situation could have been avoided. Issue #2: I was told parking on the street was OK so long as you read the signs, which I did. What I (and apparantly the staff) didn't know was that due to a parade on the Sunday of my stay, all cars left on the street Sunday morning were towed. The parking authority said signs were posted for days. Problem is I was only in town for the weekend and didn't know or see any signs. Perhaps the staff missed them too. Issue #3: For no apparant reason, we heard dripping (think bad faucet) noises coming from the bathroom starting around 2AM. When we checked, source of the noise was a small but persistent leak coming from the ceiling. Suffice to say by morning, all towels were on the bathroom floor, soaked. We elected to leave first thing in the morning but after waiting for the elevators for 15 minutes, decided to walk down the stairs. Good thing we were not not on a high floor, but 18-20 flights of stairs does take its toll. So in short, my experience can be summed up as not so easy check-in, little to no sleep, no shower in the morning, unanticipated exercise (which I guess can be a positive), and a missing car in the morning. In situations like this, I guess I should ask for a refund, but since I used points, I doubt I'll get any consideration. I am especially disappointed since this is a new facility. I have to believe this is an isolated experience, but for travelers considering this facility, don't believe the hype.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank FreqTrav3ler

Dear D H,

I wanted to reach out to you and respond to your recent review of our hotel. I understand you stayed with us last week and were disappointed with you experience. I apologize we let you down. While we are human and make mistakes, I can understand your frustration with checking into a room that was not guest ready yet. My apologies for this. I can assure you I have gotten with the executive housekeeper and staff on this issue. Thank you for pointing this out to us.

We really do strive to make every guests experience an exceptional one. I believe you also stated your car was parked on the street yet it was towed because of signs posted. Unfortunately we were not notified of this and again I apologize for this happening to you.

Each and every singe guest that walks through our doors should be made to feel special and welcome. Your comments obviously let us know you were not. As with all guest reviews, I share these with my staff so we can make every effort to correct issues again before they happen.

Please accept my apologies for your inconvenience. I do appreciate your feed back.

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 29, 2013

this hotel sets an example for all hotels....we arrived very early in the morning, and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. They tagged our luggage and safely stored it so we could visit New York without worry...they even allowed our group to enjoy the exceptional breakfast they serve daily...amazing selection that you wouldn't expect at a hotel. I cannot express enough how friendly ALL the staff were. The rooms were a little small, but you are in New York...but we managed with 5 people in the room anyway. The location was perfect and within walking distance of most everything you would want to see and do...Empire State Building was a perfect view outside hotel window. Anything else you may want to see is a short cab or subway ride away. Upon checking in later that day, the staff again was most helpful...very, very friendly. The next morning, we were again treated to an exceptional breakfast, served hot and delicious. We were allotted a late check out..2pm...at no additional cost...and upon checkout, the staff again tagged and stored our luggage. Our train did not leave until 8pm and what do you think the hotel allowed us to do????After we did our sightseeing for the day, and needed someplace to rest our feet until we needed to head to Penn Station....we hung out in the lobby of the hotel and continued to be treated as guests.....unheard of....EVERY SINGLE EMPLOYEE at the Hyatt Place Midtown deserves to be congratulated on their kindness to us, and I want to personally "Thank " each and everyone of you...What a wonderful experience!!! Highly recommend this hotel....I have NOTHING negative to say about this hotel...I Love New York and the People

1  Thank saints2love
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Visited the Hyatt Place Midtown with my husband for a three night birthday getaway! I've been to NYC four times before, however this was my husbands first time. I tried to prepare him for the minuscule hotel rooms, and the usually rushed and sometimes rude hotel staff. Boy did the Hyatt Place prove me wrong!!!

We arrived at 1pm and got a room right away on the 18th floor with a perfect view of the Empire State Building. The room was very spacious for NYC standards, new, spotless, modern, HUGE TV and perfect water pressure!

Free in room Wi-Fi, which is almost unheard of in Manhattan, came in handy and always worked. Free breakfast was perfect, also almost unheard of in the city. Eggs, sausages, breakfast sandwiches, cottage cheese, yogurt, fresh fruit, whole wheat and white bread, bagels, cereal, oatmeal...oh and let's not forget the sweet pastries! Honestly, what more could you ask for?

The staff was always friendly, smiling and happy to help. The location was PERFECT. Bryant Park, Herald Sq (Macy's), Empire State, Times Sq, Rockefeller, all within walking distance. Central Park is 20 blocks uptown, which really isn't that far if you don't mind walking, with lots to look at (and shop) on your way! Or, just hop on the Subway.

I can honestly go on and on. There are only 2 elevators, which a couple times took maybe a 5min wait, but really if thats all you can complain about...please! My husband and I will definitely stay here again and will recommend to anyone! Thank you, thank you, thank you Hyatt Place!!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank natsave
Jason C, Regional Director of Operations at Hyatt Place New York Midtown South, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Natsave,

I wanted to take this opportunity to reach out and thank you so much for the wonderful review you gave us here on tripadvisor.com. It sounds like you and your husband really enjoyed your stay. Just to let you know, I always share these comments with the staff and they love it when a guest, such as yourself, make wonderful remarks as you did. We also take constructive remarks as well and learn from them.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I hope that if your travels being you back to NYC, you'll stay with us again. Sorry about the elevators too. We are working on trying to speed them up a bit. :)

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We have a Hyatt card which gets us free nights each year. We used them here and we were very pleased. Good breakfast, good modern room, great location with the subway just a block away. Make sure you have cash in tens, 5s and singles if you want to buy your metrocard from this subway station because the machines weren't taking credit card or giving change. Definitely recommend getting a room as high up as possible.

Room Tip: Definitely recommend getting a room as high up as possible.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jedgell
Jason C, General Manager at Hyatt Place New York Midtown South, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thanks for the feedback! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, your guestroom, the complimentary breakfast and the facility’s location. We look forward to being of service on your next visit to NYC!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

All Staff high quality and good communication with customers , specially Raul is good person and he has a good communication and really he is nice person. Rooms are clean and the restaurant is good for the phreak fast . I recommend this hotel for all cause a lot of reason
Staff are good
Location is excellent
Price is Ok
Have a good time in this hotel

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel and excellent location. Excellent service, pleasant staff. Would stay again!!! Great deal for 5 guests in midtown. Great amenities near hotel and very close to subway. Great view of Empire State Building on 14th floor.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank I_ski_87
Jason C, General Manager at Hyatt Place New York Midtown South, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thanks for the feedback and the recommendation! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, the facility, the location, the amenities, the views, and the staff. Most importantly, I am pleased to hear that you will be back!

Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback.