All reviewscupcakesbar restaurant attachedtimes squareweek long stay in nycblew cold airfront desknyc streetsrooms are smallnew yorkprivate terracebed was amazingly comfortablelast minute tripa short minute walkpenthouse suitehot waterbroadway showa small boutique hotel
Reviewed March 18, 2017 via mobile

We had an unexpected change in plans and needed a hotel on one of the busiest nights. We were turned away by multiple hotels and dismissed very quickly by them. Whitney at the front desk was warm, welcoming and accommodating. She went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Even the small rooms have comfortable beds and great amenities. I would definitely recommend staying here. I would also like to recognize Whitney for her superior customer service and going way beyond what she is required to do for her job. Thank you shocard for an excellent stay and thank you Whitney!

Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah C
Alicia L, Manager at Hotel Shocard at Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2017

Sarah C,
Thank you so much for acknowledging the great service provided by Whitney! We appreciate you staying with us and love hearing that you enjoyed it.

Reviewed March 18, 2017 via mobile

We traveled to Manhattan to attend an event for my husband's birthday. We found this place on Booking.com for a very reasonable price. However on the site it said my credit card wouldn't be charged until check-in. That was false. Immediately my credit card was charged the cost of the room plus an additional $100. While I was checking in I questioned why that happened. I was told that's how they do it and the extra hundred was for incidentals.
The room itself was clean albeit barely big enough for 2 people. It was one night, no big deal. BUT when we tried to take showers there was no hot water at all. I had to call the front desk for someone to come up. The gentleman came up and got the hot water working. That allowed my husband to shower. Once it was my turn I had to let the water run a good ten minutes just to get it to lukewarm.
The television had maybe 3 channels. And the vent for heat mostly blew cold air despite the fact that the thermostat was set to 74.
The location was great, the price was right, and the room was clean but it's not a place I'd stay again.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nicolena V
Alicia L, Manager at Hotel Shocard at Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2017

Nicolena,
I'm sorry to hear that your experience was not what was expected. I would be happy to look into your reservation type further. Cable television is available. However, Time Warner was onsite today and is in the final stages of running fiber cables to the building for us to provide additional programming to our guests. In addition, we are available 24/7 to assist, especially if you'd like to set the thermostat to a higher temperature. Please feel free to contact me directly at aluke@hotelshocardnyc.com.

Reviewed March 15, 2017

Sure, the room was small but this is central Manhattan where the rent must be astronomical and how much time do you want to spend in the room anyway? Super friendly helpful staff, great location - close to Times Square, subway, restaurants, theatres, etc. - we took the MTA bus and subway from La Guardia and were there in 45 min. The attached bar/restaurant is good and definitely convenient, especially for breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
Alicia L, Manager at Hotel Shocard at Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2017

Ron B,
Thanks so much for the review! We love hearing that you enjoyed your trip and had a chance to try the restaurant, Gleasons Tavern.

Reviewed March 12, 2017

The Hotel Shocard at Times Square is just what you need in a hotel in New York City. Rooms are small but comfortable and clean. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Location is outstanding, walk to everything in the Times Square area. Will stay again.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
Alicia L, Manager at Hotel Shocard at Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2017

Navonnor,
Thank you for taking the time to let your fellow travelers about your experience!

Reviewed March 6, 2017 via mobile

I loved to stay at Shocard. Everything was great: staff, location, room and breakfast. Their website is amazing, it's easy to do a reservation. Special thanks to the lovely staff at reception and at Gleason's Tavern.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled solo
Alicia L, Manager at Hotel Shocard at Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2017

Hi Aleksiheikkila,
Thanks for the awesome review! We, especially, appreciate you for recognizing our associates and the great job they do.