All reviewscupcakesbar restaurant attachedtimes squareweek long stay in nycblew cold airfront desknyc streetsrooms are smallnew yorkprivate terracebed was amazingly comfortablelast minute tripa short minute walkpenthouse suitehot waterbroadway showa small boutique hotel
Reviewed January 17, 2017 via mobile

Booked New York to celebrate my 30th birthday with my husband and after trawling through plenty of hotels settled with the Shocard. The main reason for choosing the hotel was its location from Times Square and the good reviews I had read on here.
This hotel is literally 5 mins walk from the thick of Times Square so location for us was perfect.
Not one of the big chain hotels but this hotel was small and perfectly formed. The room was very small but was modern and the decor was lovely. After reading a few reviews on here it seemed most hotel rooms are small. If you are here to see New York and the sights you will quickly realise that all you need the hotel room for is bed we were never in the room.
Speaking of beds the bed in the Shocard was one of the most comfortable I have ever had on my travels. Which after walking miles every day around this amazing city was perfect.
Over all I couldn't fault the hotel and if I was returning to New York I would definitely stay with the Shocard again.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
Alicia L, Manager at Hotel Shocard at Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2017

recbeccacowl,
Thank you for letting us be a part of your birthday and for the glowing review. An affordable, design-oriented hotel is definitely a rare find in the Times Square sea of chains! We would love to have you back soon!

Reviewed January 12, 2017

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights with my famiyl including my 2 year old baby boy and that was my best hotel experience ever. I cant say anything bad about Shocard. Number one is the quality of bed. Absolutely stunning. You never wanna get up, that much comfort. Cleanness, quality of furnitures, service, staff, and of course the location. Overall deserves the price. Only thing I may input is lack of breakfast. But its ok, you are in the middle of NYC and there are plenty of shops around to grab a coffee and a sandwich. I will definetely stay at Shocard next time. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Choose Queen Disability Access Room.
  • Stayed: November 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank seyisoglu34
Alicia L, Manager at Hotel Shocard at Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2017

Seyisoglu34,
Thank you so much for the stellar review and easily, our cutest photo on TripAdvisor!

Reviewed January 9, 2017 via mobile

Excellent price for the location. Room was small but very functional and clean. Carmen took care of us. She was very pleasant and helpful. Had to call maintenance for help with the safe and they came right up and took care of it. Overall it was a great spot, adequate room and good service for under $100 a night!

Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
Alicia L, Manager at Hotel Shocard at Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2017

Robyn41,
Thanks for the review and letting your fellow travelers about Carmen's great service. Hopefully, we will see you again soon!

Reviewed January 8, 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend surprised me with a last minute trip from December 27th to the 29th. I was going crazy looking for a hotel and I was looking for something under 300/night. I found Hotel Shocard on TripAdvisor. Really liked the pictures and it had a great price, at first I had some hesitation but after looking up where it was located, I booked it immediately! We arrived at the hotel around 11am, were greeted by a very nice lady at the front desk. They held our bags until we got back to the hotel. Once we had explored, we returned to the hotel, this time a different lady greeted us. Her name was Whitney (I hope I'm spelling that right.), she checked us in and thanked us for staying at their hotel, gave us a choice of cupcakes and we chatted for a couple minutes. She gave us great recommendations on what to do during our time in New York. She even went out of her way to print out info for us. The hotel was located right across the street from a subway access, there is a Walgreens down the street for anything needed. My gf had also purchased tickets for the aladdin Broadway show. The hotel was literally behind the theater itself so it was just a short walk away. The room although small was very comfortable. The bed was very comfortable, room was clean, bathroom was clean and without signs of mold, the bathroom was also large in space to fit two people in it without trouble. The towels were very soft as well. The things that surprised me about the room was that although it is small, they make very good use of the space. Inside of the room was a desk w/ a mini fridge, an area to hang your clothes w/ a coffee maker, mini ironing board with an iron.

Overall, the hotel was amazing and even more appealing with it's price point. What put this hotel over the top for both of us was the helpful staff, convenient location, and comfort of room.

I will forever stay at this hotel every time I visit Manhattan in my future trips.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Bradleyv1714851

Bradleyv1714851,
We so appreciate the glowing review! Most importantly, we love hearing that you had a great time and memories to take home. Next time you are in the city, please feel free to email us at stay@hotelshocardnyc.com and we will be sure to welcome you in true Shocard fashion.

Reviewed January 5, 2017

A very basic hotel with a very good location and a very nice decoration.

Small room but cozy too with some basic amenities like tea, coffee.

The AC was way too loud and the windows do have some gaps which makes the negative temperatures come in which is not nice when you got to a city that usually goes below 0ª.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple

Mauro M,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments! As we just got through some of the first days with 15F degrees with our new units (brrr) , we have added addition insulation surrounding the AC/heater for extra coziness.