“Theater District”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Ate in restaurant once and got take-out once when staying in Midtown. Ate in restaurant Oct 31, food and service were good, but the parade of (loud) trick-or-treaters in and out was very disruptive. They gave our kids lidded cups with straws which was nice. Would recommend the roasted cauliflower (although it was tough to eat it without a knife), hummus, green tahini kabob, schnitzel. Didn't care for the falafel, which had an odd log shape and tasted like curry powder or the bourekas which were small and didn't have much filling. Would recommend take-out over eating in, but would recommend and go back.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

What a nice find close to the theatre district on 9th Ave for a reasonable, delicious, and fresh meal. Hummus and vegetables are seasoned well. The pita was fresh and warm. Turkish coffee was a generous size. The baklava is well prepared with a good portion of chopped nuts and dough that is not too tough. Will definitely return!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

There are four locations and I was walking by the Hummus Kitchen on the Upper East Side, 1613 Second Avenue. I sat by the widow and dined on the delicious fresh Garden Vegetable Soup and the small serving of the Mediterranean Salad and a glass of Lemonade with mint leaves. The food was wonderful, the service efficient and my window seat delightful. There are multiple Hummus Kitchens in NYC, and I can only speak for this location. It was a great lunch.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is my second time at the location on 80th and Amsterdam after happening upon it while walking on my last visit. Returned with my college daughter because I thought she would like the location and decor with fun pillows on the benches. We had the Mazze Trio each which entitled us to a choice of 6 dishes. We chose the Mediterranean Chopped Salad without the cilantro and it was absolutely the best dish. We both loved it. Had the Morrocan Carrots, heavily spiced with cumin, but good when paired with the pita. Hummus was a bit flavorless, I suspected they had perhaps forgotten to add the spices? Good Falafel, Bureka, and Babaganush. The ice team with mint leaves was the perfect drink to go with it all. Both our waitress and a waiter stopped by our table several times to offer napkins, sugar.... Will go again!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We came her after a show around 11PM for a snack and drinks. The food was very good and loved the atmosphere. The waitress was pretty rude but it didn't ruin the experience. We had the hummus, rice and lentils and roasted cauliflower. We also had hot brandy and apple cider drink that was perfect for the cold night.