“Great food”

Cuisines: French, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: between Prince & Stanton Streets
Transit: B, D, F and M at Broadway/Lafayette. F at 2nd Avenue. J at Bowery. 6 at Spring Street or Bleecker Street. N or R at Prince Street.
Description: Hez Jef offers traditional French bistro fare like steak frites, traditional pate campagne maison & crepe souflee "suzette" in a casual environment. The restaurant features a full bar with an emphasis on French wines, hand-crafted cocktails & both Belgian & American beers.
Pasadena, Maryland
“Great food”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Stopped at The Bowery Diner for breakfast before heading to the Brooklyn Bridge. I thought it was a bit pricey but the quality of the food and friendly service was worth it. I ordered the Sunshine Special and was not disappointed (two sunny side up eggs, two oysters, breakfast potatoes, corn on the cob, bacon, pepperjack, & aji chili sauce) The pepperjack cheese was melted onto the potatoes and tasted amazing. The orange juice they serve is on point as well.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank kevin r

london
“Unexpected delight”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We had been walking around and had just been in the Contemporary Museum when we stumbled on the Bowery Diner - it didn't look particularly promising but we were tired and hungry so gave it a go, and were very pleased that we did. The service was relaxed but efficient and friendly. My husband had a hot pastrami sandwich which he loved and I had the Croque Monsieur - we were both pleased with our choices.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank LondonTheatregirl
“Best breakfast we had in NYC”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Service was great. Even the other gal working that wasn't our server was friendly and funny. I had the duck confit hash. Yum! Bacon was lacking though. Get better bacon! They should ask their rep about Daileys or Nueskes. Apparently I am a bacon expert. Lol My bf just had the standard two egg breakfast and he enjoyed. I had a couple mimosas and he had an awesome mescal margarita...... It was a late breakfast.... Lol. Was kinda pricey but was worth it.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank AmusedDaffodil
Sant Quirze del Valles, Spain
“Perfect dinner”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Excellent service, food and cocktails at a reasonable price. I ordered a salmon tartar and the fish was very fresh and well presented. Free wifi.

2 Thank SandraSandraSandraFC
San Diego, California
“A Great Find”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I'd been tracking down William Burroughs last New York City domicile, and I was tired and thirsty and my feet ached, and here was this cool little diner, so I just had to check it out. They made a good Bloody Mary, and then I had a bowl of chili and a beer. The chili was some great concoction with black beans rather than kidney, and of course, Bloody Mary too, was perfect!

The diner just was just a good find on one of the more interesting streets on Lower East Side...I also tried some pretty good draft beers on the second occasion.

• Visited November 2013