“Great Aussie outpost near Penn Station”
Review of Pie Face - CLOSED

Pie Face
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Midtown
New York City, New York
“Great Aussie outpost near Penn Station”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I am a New York City tour guide who spends a lot of time in midtown Manhattan. I'm always on the lookout for a new place to enjoy lunch. Australian clients suggested Pie Face. Pie Face is a cheerful casual place offering savory pies (meat and/or vegetable) and sweet pies (like apple crumble or pear and ricotta). Espresso blends and milkshakes round out the beverages. The Thai chicken curry was a bit bland but the pie crust was a perfect golden brown and delicate. The crust melts in your mouth. Seating is limited to about thirty people at one time at bright yellow tables or sitting on fire engine red stools at counters. The staff is incredibly friendly. A big meat pie with mashed potatoes is about $8.00. A mini sweet pie is $3.50. Pie Face is a good lunch option on the eastside of 7th Ave between W 35th St and W 36th St. I went to the branch near Penn Station although I believe the address for this store is listed above as near W 57th St and Broadway. Pie Face is opening multiple stores around Manhattan.

• Visited June 2013

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Cute Place”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stopped in because was passing by. Purchased 2 mini pies-chocolate and pecan. When they say mini, they definitely mean mini but the pies are very cute. Would recommend trying it.

Visited June 2013
New York City, New York
“On its way downhill?”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We live a block and a half away and drop by regularly for a quick bite. Recently, the service quality seems to be in free fall. Tonight, Saturday, 11pm, as the local theaters were depositing their throngs onto the sidewalks, we stopped on our way home for a quick, late snack to take home. Despite the hour and the crowds on the street, there was a solo server who seemed indifferent to the growing crowd waiting to approach the counter and order. He moved at a snail's pace and completely mixed up our order (two sausage rolls, a mini cherry pie and a mini lemon pie). When we got home, we discovered a single sausage roll, a mini cherry pie, and a blueberry pie). We hadn't intended to order the sausage rolls, but only two of the eight or so savory pies were available. We discovered the errors on arriving home and changing out of our street clothes. Having come home from a long day trip, we didn't want to go back out to have the order corrected, so we ate what we were given. The sausage roll was lovely, the pies as well. But with this kind of inattentive, indifferent, sloppy service, I'm not sure we can continue recommending this Pie Face location.

• Visited June 2013
Guttenberg, New Jersey
“Amazing Pot Pies, Brownies & Croissants”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Pie Face's take-out chicken pies are delicious, as are their croissants. But the real surprise is how luscious their chocolate brownies are. They have a pudding-like filling, which is unlike any I've ever had tasted. Worth seeking out.

• Visited May 2013
NW suburb Chicago Illinois
“Warm little treats and great coffee”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I found this little pie shop on 53rd and 7th... the buttery aroma of pie crust drew me in to view the cases of mini pies. I chose the chunky steak mini pie and a pear & ricotta mini dessert. They warmed it up for me and I enjoyed a heavenly little treat as I walked back to my hotel for the night. I love NYC!!!

Visited May 2013