Now, I booked a room here via Booking.com for a business trip. The rate was around $230 at the time, which in NYC standards is on the low end of
That said, DO NOT travel here if you are working. While I am aware of the Times Square/Midtown location, I figured it'd be okay since I'd be out most of the time in meetings. But wow. I lived in NYC and I forget how awful tourists are. It is FULL of the most obnoxious and loud tourists. The continental breakfast is what you would expect- but so obnoxious to weed through rude tourists just to get a coffee. Come on people - MANNERS. Christ. This hotel attracts those types of people.
The room itself is really small - and like a cave. I had one window that faced an enclosed alley and I almost overslept and missed a meeting because it was so pitch black even at 9a. The bathroom was a small bathroom - but I really didn't like the products they had. Instead of the little sample shampoo/conditioner/lotion provided by a nice company, it was a soap dispenser on the wall for all of the above. No conditioner. Bring your own - it smells strongly of apples (not cute) and is cheap quality.
The bed was redeeming - quite comfy. If only I could sleep through the noise - no even guest-noise...but a old haggard angry looking room service maid decided to park her cart in front of my room in the wee hours and I heard her yelling every morning. She sounded like she was constantly in an argument.
As I was leaving, I heard a girl trying to check out and get the hell out of there for bed bugs. She had bites all over her arms and neck and the actual bug in a tissue for proof. They weren't helping her out at all.
Overall, it was fine. But not for me. I will not be returning. Might be a good choice if you're a tourist.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated The Hotel at Times Square, a boutique hotel, offers clean and elegant accomodations with free wireless Internet access, flat screen TVs, a fitness center, a 24-hour business center, complimentary continental breakfast, free calls within the US and a lot more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Hotel at Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel At Times Square
- At Times Square Hotel
- Super 8 New York City
- Super 8 Times Square
- Super 8 Hotel Times Square
- Super Eight New York City
- Super 8 Hotel New York