“Good Location”

The Hotel at Times Square
Ranked #286 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in April 2013. It's within walking distance of Times Square, St. Patrick's, Rockefeller Center, Theatre District and if you want, you could walk to Central Park. People keep saying the rooms are small, but they are the size of most rooms in Europe. We did find out at check in, roll a way beds will not fit in the rooms and the beds are not Queen but Doubles. So just take that into account when picking this hotel. We were on the top floor (11) and had no view, but we just used the room to sleep. Nice bathrooms. The breakfast was just right in the mornings, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, donuts etc. The only negative they didn't clean the tables, so it's up to the traveler's to clean their own table. No big deal.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I was a bit worried prior arrival after reading some of the reviews but honestly I've spent 5 nights there with my niece and I couldn't have wish for a better hotel.

The staff was very nice and helpful, from the reception to the cleaner not a bad word and always a smile.

The rooms are big enough, we had a room with 2 double beds and we had plenty of room to move around. I had smaller room in Paris. Ok our window had no view but I didn't come to New York to admire the view from my hotel room!
The beds were so comfy shame I couldn't take it home. Yes the mirror in the bathroom get misty but no big deal open the door wait a bit and ohhhh it's gone lol!

The free Wifi was a plus and works very well. The breakfast which is included was more than enough, the queue wasn't bad we always had a sit.
You get free coffee, tea and hot chocolate in the lobby which was great, I came addicted to the vanilla cappuccino after a day out.

The hotel is very close to Time Square. The neighbourhood is safe.

If you want to ear cheap and "healthy" in NYC you have a place calle Europa across the street where you can do create your own pasta dish (pasta+sauce+5 veggies of your choice) and a drink for £10 which was good.

Overall a lovely stay, I will definitely go back to the hotel the next time I'm in New York. I don't understand why people are moaning really!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in March 2013. It's a very nice hotel in a fantastic location (a couple of blocks away from Rockefeller and from Times Square and Broadway). Everywhere is within a close walking distance. The hotel is quite small but with a very nice lobby area which includes coffee (and tea) facilities and two computers for guests to use. For our floor (I think it was the 8th), there was only one lift and it served quite a few floors, so it often took a while to get up and down from our floor to the lobby area. Especially in the morning. The excursions desk (or whatever people call it) was very good and was open most of the day. We were able to book the Circle Line Cruise Tour with them (well recommended) and they offered great advice about where to buy Broadway tickets and locations, etc. Our room was nice and clean, the bathroom was very small though with hardly any moving space meaning that it was very easy to knock things over... The room contained a closet which was great for storing our suitcases and full length mirror was also in the room which was a great help when going out in the evening! The main problem we had with the room was the light. The room, despite having 4 main lights, was incredibly dark. We had no view and no natural light coming into the room either.

The complimentary breakfast at the hotel was fine. Once again there was nothing special but it was worth having and saves a lot of money! The breakfast was always well stocked but got incredibly busy. At one point the line for breakfast stretched all the way up the nearby stairs. However, for free, it's worth the wait.

The best thing about the hotel was of course the location and the service we received was great aswell. For a short trip this hotel was fine. It was clean with useful amenities (such a free wifi, which is very good!)

Tips: do use the information desk, they're very helpful and it'll save you time in the long run
use the free breakfast, it's average food, but free so is worth taking advantage of
consider using the stairs. It's not a big hotel and the lifts often take ages

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I must confess - I quite like a big chain hotel, so I was a tad nervous about staying in this hotel when my travel agent gave me the details.
Thankfully I was proven wrong. This is a pretty good hotel in the heart of mid-town Manhattan.
The name is a tad deceiving. It's not at Times Square. It's a full city block and a bit away, but there are plenty of other hotels who use "Times Square" and are just as far away, so I'm not going to hold that against them.

The Check-In process was pretty straight forward and the chaps who looked after us were really friendly.
We both had decent sized rooms. The view out of my window was nothing to write home about, but the room was clean and well maintained.

I agreed to meet my colleague in the bar, and what a great little bar it is too!
It's tiny, but really friendly and the lady working there looked after us well.

Breakfast is a help yourself affair. It's a tad utilitarian with its disposable plates etc, but it did exactly what we wanted it to do with very little fuss.

The prices for NYC hotels vary massively from day to day, let alone week to week.
I was back in NYC a week later and got a better hotel for less money.
If the web throws up this hotel with a good deal - take it. It doesn't have the glitz and glamour that something like the Marriott Marquis does, but it is clean, friendly, and well placed for exploring Manhattan.

I'd happily stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Travelling_Scot_10
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We got to this hotel with very little expectations, after staying for a couple of nights at a very fancy hotel in DC, but we were genuinely surprised: the hotel is in a location that is hard to beat, rooms and property are nice and clean, internet is FREE (why other hotels charge extortionate prices for this is beyond me), as is the breakfast.

Keep in mind that some of the rooms have a windows that opens into a narrow gap between buildings, while others might not have a window at all due to the nature of buildings in NY, so make sure you get a room with a proper window.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window that opens to the street.