DO NOT STAY HERE!!! The manager Patrick became verbally aggressive when we simply asked to be moved to a room with a private ensuite, as we had booked online.
When we first arrived at the hotel we were told by the receptionist they did not have our booking and we had to move to a different hotel for the night where we had to pay more for the room. When we arrived back the next day the manager, Patrick, informed us that the staff member we spoke to the previous day was stupid and doesn't know how to do her job, and they did in fact have our booking. We were then given a room but were not able to check in until the afternoon. When we arrived back in the evening we discovered our room did not have an ensuite as booked online. When we asked the receptionist about this she said she didn't have access to the computer system to check if there were any rooms with an ensuite available. When we asked to speak to the manager he was phoned and spent the next 20-30mins verbally abusing us. He said we didn't present him with the paperwork for the booking when we checked in and so he hadn't known we booked a room with an ensuite, and we were now being unreasonable and causing trouble, and he was going to come down and give us our money back and we could leave the hotel. We had in fact offered to show him the email confirmation of the booking upon arrival, however he did not want to see it. How can the hotel not have their own records of bookings??? We were unable to get more than a few words in on the phone and Patrick continued to yell at us and threaten to kick us out of the hotel. We would have preferred not to stay there, however it was peak season and we couldn't get accommodation at another hotel in our price range. So the remaining of our time at the hotel was spent afraid that we would again be yelled at by Patrick.
The room itself was very basic. The a/c was effective but very noisy. The double bed had a terrible mattress which meant the 2 of us sharing it ended up rolling into the middle of it each night and not sleeping well. The wifi barely worked, even in reception. Phone in room didn't work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great and affordable place to stay in New York City for travelers and students, as well as the perfect solution to all short and long term housing.The Morningside Inn is in the heart of New York City's vibrant Upper Westside - Morningside Heights. So close to Columbia and Barnard, the music and theological colleges, as well as the magnificent Cathedral St. John the Divine. The Hudson River Greenway and Riverside Park are steps from our door. The hotel is housed in a 6-story, elevator pre-war building with the old world charm of that era. All rooms are fresh and have been decorated in comfortable style. Excellent citywide bus and subway transportation are at Broadway, and the city M60 bus takes our guests from and to LaGuardia Airport directly for one Metrocard fare. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Morningside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morningside Hotel New York City
- Morningside New York City
- Morningside Inn New York