$126
HIExpress.com
$127
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 56% below average rates

The price you found is 56% lower than this hotel's average rate of $289/night.

$225
$180
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $244/night.

$174
$149
Staybridge.com
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $214/night.

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$221
$143
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $188/night.

Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$133
$97
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $162/night.

$251
$220
  • Room Service
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$116
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $171/night.

YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$173
$116
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $163/night.

Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$229
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I had paid a reservation for two single rooms in the internet some three months before my and my companion's intended stay in the hotel. When we got to the hotel from airport around 6 P.M., we were told that our reservation was "not on the system, though it's paid" and that nothing can be done. We were sent to another cheap motel on the other side of the city, far away from Morningside Inn's good location. We thought that there would be accommodation for us in this another motel, but there wasn't. We had to pay for the rooms ourselves. Happily, things turned out much better, but no thanks goes to Morningside Inn or their receptionist's rude idea of service.

Keep out of this place unless you want some real trouble by noticing that you don't have a place to sleep in a strange big city!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank xzxzxzxzxzx
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I spent 3 nights in Morningside Inn, and I'd recommend this place for those who would like to explore Manhattan and are looking for a simple but clean&tidy place that provides the basic needs for a traveller.

It was easy to arrive in the hotel from La Guardia Airport. As I'd never been in Manhattan before this trip, I just followed some Google Maps instructions, and could reach the hotel because it is located between 110th St( Cathedral. Pkwy) and 103th St. Metro Stations.

The only thing I didn't like was the shared restroom. As I had my reservation done via Agoda.com, I had no idea about this, however, this was not a big deal.

Wifi is free, but needs to improve, sometimes it was really difficult to connect.

In a few words, a good, affordable, well located place to spend some nights.

Room Tip: Before confirming a reservation, check if your room will have its own restroom.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mhanzo
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I tried looking for the cheapest accomodation in New York in Autumn. Of course, it was difficult and so I settled for this hostel as it's location is good and indeed one of the cheapest in NYC. Reservation was not as efficient as I hoped. I had to call numerous times as I found out that the room I booked was not actually reserved for me and offered to somebody else. Well, they sorted it out after several long distance calls, but I almost had to beg them to give me assurance that I'll have a room when I get there. I booked a standard single and it was even worse than my very low expectation. It was a really tiny room with a small window and furniture that looked like it was bought from a flea market or salvaged from a garage sale. It was a nightmare and I really didn't even want to sit on the bed. I felt so sorry for myself for traveling on a budget, I wanted to cry. The view from the window was depressing. The shared bathroom was soooo bad I stopped myself from drinking liquids to limit my use of the toilet. After 2 sleepless nights, i tried asking Patrick to transfer me to a deluxe room or anything better than what I had and luckily they found one for me. Patrick was helpful. The new room I got was wayyy better, with my own toilet and bath. Still not the best, but at that time it was a big relief for me. Room was still small but a lot bigger than the previous one. It was decent enough. Wifi is only available at the lobby. I had to sit on the stairs. On their website they say that they have a common room/lounge area at the basement where there's wifi. Yes, there's a lounge area that was pretty scary and empty, and of course, there's no wifi there.

Room Tip: Do not book the cheapest room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Superstrut
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The location is good but the service is terrible! I had a brand new dress stained by Bleach in my own room by one of the maids and they said I was lying and that they wouldn't pay for that. Felt really injured. From where I come from the costumer is always right and must be well treated so he can come back other times. That's not what happened here and that's why I'll never get back neither recommend Morningside Inn!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Having read a number of bad reviews for the Morningside Inn, and also emailing the manager & not receiving a response, I was concerned about staying there but I needn’t have worried. I booked a budget single room and my friends booked a budget double and I asked if we could have rooms on the same floor, which was fulfilled. We were given 2 rooms on the 4th floor. Upon arrival we were booked in & my friends had a double bed, drawers, wardrobe, sink, a fridge & a TV in their room. My room had a double bed, a chest of drawers and a mirror and not much else. I enquired about a TV as budget singles were described as having TV’s in all rooms. The lovely lady, Wendy, on reception said that there wasn’t much that she could do that evening but would see what she could do the following day. When I got back to my room in the afternoon of the following day I had a very large, & what looked like brand new, TV!

As for the shared bathrooms, not once during my stay did I have a problem finding one. There are two on each floor & one of them was always free. They were very clean and seemed to be cleaned regularly. There is also a maid service and we were given fresh towels every day and the bed was made up (and sheets changed a couple of times during a 7 night stay). Although there was often a smell of disinfectant around the place, it was reassuring to know how much it was cleaned. Not one cockroach or bedbug in sight!

I suffer with a bad back but found the bed to be very comfortable, despite some of the reviews that I had read previously. This may vary from room to room though.

Even though we were on the 4th floor, there was a strong WiFi signal and we never had a problem with the WiFi. (Reception will give you the passwords for the various WiFi signals).

The hotel/hostel is in a great area – so many bars and places to eat. We found some great bars and met some lovely locals. The area also feels very safe. The metro is nearby, just a few blocks away. It’s good to walk around the area a bit though to discover the many very good places to eat/drink.

I would definitely recommend this place to friends and I would also stay there again. The only problem we found was the other guests who, most of the time, seemed insensitive and selfish and enjoyed slamming doors! Other than that, we had an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends