“Great location, clean room and friendly staff”
Review of Morningside Inn

Morningside Inn
Ranked #445 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed in the deluxe room,. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. The location was awesome. It is a simple room but had a fridge. Located close to the subway, yummy restaurants and markets. WIll stay here again. It is a basic budget hotel but it is great. If you have a street facing rooms I would recommend earplugs but that is a-ok.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank shoesareme

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were a group of 14 that visited NYC for an Interdisciplinary Art Department Trip. Everything with the Morningside Inn made us feel comfortable and at ease when we were not busy visiting NY's museums. It is a recently renovated facility but yet boasts the original character and architecure of the building. The location is great and allows you to easily navigate through the city by walking, or catching the subways and taxis. Mr. Patrick (the general manager) and his crew provided us with everything our group requested and even arranged for fleet service back to the airport. Looking for a place with plush towels, marble floors and down-filled comforters? This is the place!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street side are great because you get to see the locals in the neighborhood stroll...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank FiFi60898
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We (me and my wife) stayed at 4th floor for 7 days. The room was good and the bathroom ok. A very quiet local, good for rest. Theres a metro station 3 blocks near e the central park is 3 blocks to. There is a bus station 1 block near where you can get the M60 bus to em from La Guardia airport. The manager, Patrick, was very kind with us. The price is not so cheap, but that's New York city, right?! We would stay there again and recommend the morning side inn hostel to everybody.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fabiomti
Reviewed December 26, 2012

this hotel was horrible! we had come off a 20 hour flight, and were exhausted, and we entered our hotel room and found one double bed that barely fit in the room. we also had a communal bathroom in which we had to share with many others. the doors didnt lock either, which meant we had to take all valubles with us!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Chloe Q
Patrick A, Manager at Morningside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Sorry to read about your stay here at The Morningside Inn,the room that you reserve is the the room you booked.we try to upgrade you the next day but it seems like you was not happy with your room and you did not want to listen to anything we had to offer.I do apologize for the mishap which we did try to correct.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have been staying at morningside inn when I travel to New York for about eight years. I absolutely love it here. Patrick, the manager, is awesome and always takes great care of us. Wendy is also wonderful. I would and do recommend this place to anyone going to New York. It is affordable and right by a subway stop that takes you to downtown. The neighborhood is great and you are blocks away from Riverside park, a great place for a run.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Tonyahammer
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Overall the hotel was ok. Great location to everything nyc has to offer. Only complaint is the wall where thin you can hear everything that is going on in the rooms next to you. I had a budget room, which came with a bed, dresser and a shared bathroom.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I went to NYC for four nights by myself and was very pleased with my experience there. I am a 23yr old female and felt very comfortable there. I have stayed in several hostels in the city and this was the best deal. I only had a basic room with no bathroom or tv, but with it just being me, I didn't need those things. Anyways you do not need a tv while visiting nyc! You have the whole city to explore and watch. Having a basic room at that price was exactly what I wanted. If I can save money by not having a private bathroom, then I definitely want that, especially if I'm just traveling by myself. The shared bathrooms where kept clean anyways so that was nice. I had lots of storage space within the room for clothing or whatever. The thing that stood out most to me however was how kind the staff was to me. Everyone was so nice! I have been to other hostels where the staff wasn't as welcoming so this was great, it really means a lot to me when people are so kind. I accidently locked my key in my room and the woman at the front desk during the late night shift was very nice about helping me get back in. I was worried that I would be seen as a pain but she was so pleasant and helpful. Overall this is a great place if you are looking for a budget room, like I was. It is so much cheaper than a regular hotel and I like the more personal feel with a smaller place. Thanks so much and I will definitely be back next time I visit nyc, which will be soon!! Love you ladies and gents!

Room Tip: Save money by opting out of a private bathroom!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo