“Only stayed one night”

The Premier Times Square by Millennium
Ranked #181 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I booked one night (Oct. 11, 2013) on Priceline and was told that we would be at the Millenium Broadway. I was concerned after reading not so great reviews about Millenium. When we checked in they sent us around the corner to the Premier. I'm still not sure why we moved or what the connection was, but we loved it! Everyone was very pleasant and professional. The room was not overly large, but very nice. We were so close to Times Square! The bathroom was huge and had very nice amenities. I was there to run the Brooklyn 10K and we were a little uncertain as to how to get to Brooklyn and the concierge was extremely helpful. They offered breakfast with the room but we left too early to eat so I cannot speak to what was provided. After we returned from the race, I asked for a late check out and they were accomodating. The price was a lot to me at close to $300 a night even on Priceline. I would stay here again if I could get the room for less.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Phillip B, Manager at The Premier Times Square by Millennium, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

We are pleased to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with your staying at the Premier Hotel.
As part of the management team it is great to hear when our staff assists our guests and makes their stay a care and stress free one.
We hope that you will consider us again when you return to NYC hopefully for another 10K or even the NYC Marathon next year! All the best and thank you for staying with us at the Premier Hotel.

There are newer reviews for The Premier Times Square by Millennium

Reviewed October 23, 2013

The Premier offers the privacy and service you would expect from a luxury hotel in a fantastic location for business or pleasure. The staff consistently welcomed me by name and made me feel right at home. Great continental breakfast in the private lounge and good internet access too. Rooms are very well appointed and bright.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms face 44th street and have a good view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NickHotelOrlando

Thank you for the great review and for highlighting the the amenities and the service we provide at the Premier Hotel. We look forward to your next visit to improve upon your most recent experience. Thank you for choosing Millennuim Hotels during your NYC stay.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We wanted to be in Times Square and this hotel is right there, in the center of it. We liked the lively and crowded atmosphere there. We booked for Millennium but they gave us rooms in Premier section which is apparently an updated version of the rooms. The room was very nice and modern but rather small for two and the queen size bed was ok but it could have been bigger I guess. The entrance to this section of the hotel was through a small lobby and it was't exactly the main grand entrance. The staff were nice and helpful and breakfast good. Maybe we should have reserved a two twin bed with a bigger room?

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying at the Premier Hotel and for taking the time to post your review. I see that you liked our boutique hotel but maybe were looking for a larger hotel like our sister property the Millennium Broadway. We hope that during your travels back to NYC that you will choose the Millennium Broadway and experience what they have to offer. On behalf of the staff at the Premier Hotel it was our pleasure having you as one our guests.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I had a business trip reservation at the Millennium Broadway (company-mandated property), and I wasn't expecting much from a 750-room hotel a block off of Times Square. When I tried to check in, I was directed around a corner to the Premier Hotel. Once I figured out that the entrance was through two sets of double doors, I emerged to find a burly agent clad chicly in black, seated at a low, sleek desk--more bodyguard than front desk attendant. If I had had any trepidation about staying here, the big guy in his wood-panelled lobby would have dispelled those fears immediately. Security is a hallmark here--I was given room keycards that also activated the elevator. Unfortunately the first set of keycards didn't open my room door, but I was able to summon help quickly via a phone in the hallway. My room was worth the wait--spacious by New York standards, with the same cool Scandinavian decor I found in the lobby. Great big view of the street and a glimpse of Times Square, very comfortable king size bed, flat screen (but not HD) TV, bathroom with tub and separate shower. Despite the location, the room was extremely quiet. I had to catch a very early train, so I missed the complimentary breakfast. A pity I could only stay one night. I would definitely stay here again for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Barry R
Phillip B, Manager at The Premier Times Square by Millennium, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Thank you for that depiction of our property and our team member. We all appreciate the way you have shared your experience. It is great to know that your expectations were exceeded and we hope to repeat the experience during your next visit to NYC. Since Millennium Hotels are mandated by your company we expect to see you soon. Thank you again.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

My daughter and I had a lovely stay here. We found all the staff really helpful especially Patrick. :-) The location was superb. We were upgraded to the Premium from the Millenium Broadway and enjoyed the extras provided( for example the free breakfasts ) and the opportunity to socialise at breakfast and during the evening.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michelle B

Thank you for sharing your experience and I am glad to hear that team especially Patrick provided you with excellent service. We are happy to know that we were part of the memories that you and your daughter share of your time in NYC. We look forward to your return in the future and catching up with you both.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

It was my husband's birthday - we were upgraded to The Premier and treated with excellent service, especially by Monique Madison at the front desk. We felt so special - I was thrilled. We enjoyed the spacious room, the complementary cocktail hour and breakfast. It was the best possible birthday present I could have given my husband - thank you!

1  Thank April C

Thank you very much for that great review. Monique and the rest of the team are delighted to hear that we made your husband birthday a special one by providing our brand of service.
We will continue to strive to make our future guests experience what you have. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Let me start by saying that I had researched places for over 1 month and was very excited to have "captured" a room in the PREMIER towers at this hotel. It was for our 25th wedding anniversary and our 1st time to New York - very big trip! So, one of the things you're paying for and you have set in your mind as you've had this important room booked for so long is this beautiful view - that's why they have floor to ceiling windows - right? So we get their early and I'm prepared to ask if we can just check our luggage till rooms open up but the "girl" snobbishly says "oh, I do have a room open for you. I told her that we can wait and explain the above info.... blah blah blah I want to make sure its a nice room and she tells me that it is a wonderful room - ends up on the 8th floor, rotten view, wait did I say "view"? Not. We wait till later in the day when things open up and are told that we can't switch as they are filled for the week. I've really been treated better at a Holiday Inn and overall the room was not fantastic as pictured, its a pretty average room and in hind site I wish I would have gone with a smaller place and paid a lot less since I wasn't ever going to get a view that I'd hoped for and I'd had better service too. P.S. I hate people who write bad reviews and complain about petty things, that's not me, I just kind of feel jipped.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

I apologize on behalf of the team at the Premier Hotel for not contributing in making your 25th anniversary a special one. I can understand the expectations of coming to NYC and enjoying your time at our property, we do all we can to make every guest stay a memorable one and we fell short for your special stay.
We definitely owe you a memorable stay and I hope that if you come back to NYC you will contact myself or any other member of the management team of the Premier Hotel and we will make sure that you receive the room with the view of the city you expected the first time.
Thank you for sharing this experience with us.