“Here's the problem......”

The Premier Times Square by Millennium
Ranked #181 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 15, 2013

You book a room at the Premier Hotel and you arrive looking forward to a nice 4 Star hotel in a pretty good location close to Bryant Park, Times Square and Rockefeller Center. You check in at the Premier front desk and they appologize that they have over booked this evening, but don't worry, they have a room for you next door at the Millenium and your have free breakfast tomorrow for your inconvenience. They walk you through a couple of doors and you enter the insanely busy lobby of the Millenium. Immediately, you feel you have been taken for a ride. The Millenium is a VERY average room, that has not been updated for over 20 years, the bed is hard, the furniture is worn and in the case of my room the bed sheets stained. The Millenium is officially a dump.

This is why you should not book at the Premier, you may not stay at the Premier. Oh, yes, they didn't change my room rate either.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank sdelafe
There are newer reviews for The Premier Times Square by Millennium

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed at the Premier Millenium for one night in February. The location (Times Square) was perfect! The room was a decent size for a nyc hotel room; however, it was very plain, I expected the room to be decorated with pictures and have a little more pizzazz considering its location. At check-in the lady at the "desk" was not very friendly and when I later asked her where a certain street was, she looked at me like I had no idea what I was talking about. It turns out, she had no idea. Other than that, the staff was great and the cocktail hour was a nice treat! Would stay here agian.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have been staying at the MIllenium Premier for the last year, and Monique has always provided me with outstanding service - I have stayed in many hotels in NYC - but her level of customer service and commitment to making my stay as seamless as possible is far and away the best in the ciy. She has even been able to assist me when I had a serious mix up online with booking my reservation - and she went above and beyond to make sure to accomodate me.

Thank you Monique!!

Regards,

Tim Osta

Room Tip: Use Monique Madison
Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tim O
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights in December. We booked through agoda.com and got what we felt was a brilliant deal at $248 a night including tax. A quick side note though, the booking process was a little confusing as we did not realise this hotel was essentially a seperate hotel to the millenium broadway (seperate check in desk and enterance etc). On our confirmation from agoda it stated we were in the millenium broadway hotel but a premier room so before we arrived we were a little confused as to which hotel we were actually staying in! On arrival we entered the millenium broadway and checked in with a friendly staff member who confirmed our rooms were actually in the premier hotel (next door).

Our room was on the 15th floor (room 1521) and I would highly recommend this room! It was a lot bigger than we expected and had a lovely modern bathroom with seperate walk in shower and tub. It also had a lovely view of some of the lights of times square and the new years ball. The bed was a king size and very comfortable as was the seperate lounge sofa. There was also a decent size tv in the room as well as hot drink making facilities, an ironing board and a mini bar. Despite being so close to Times Square the room was really quiet and we hardly heard any noise from the street below. My parents had room 1621 and were very happy with their room as well although it did seem slightly smaller and the bed was facing the other direction which meant they couldnt see times square when sitting in bed like we could. Both rooms were lovely though.

The room included breakfast in a morning which was good and included bagels, pastries, cereal, juice and hot drinks. Ther was also an evening reception from 5 until 7 which included complimentary beers (budweiser, coors etc) and wine or soft drinks as well as snacks such as cheese and buscuits. We found that this was a really nice touch and a lovely way to relax before going out for dinner. We also had a paper delivered to our door each morning which was nice.

There were only two things that we felt could have improved our stay. One of these was that one of the elevators was broken for the duration of our stay and there was only one working for the whole hotel. The other was that on the Saturday after leaving the theatre we wanted to get a quick drink before bed and intended to visit the bar in the lobby of the millenium broadway. It was around 10.50pm and despite a sign near the door saying it shut at 11 we were told by the waiter/barman that it was closing and he couldnt serve us. This was annoying because firstly because it wasnt yet 11pm and secondly why would a hotel that is in Times Square close its bar at 11pm on a Saturday night?! All was not lost though as there were many other bars in the area and we went and purchased drinks elsewhere.

Overall we were over the moon with this hotel. The location is perfect for tourists who are visiting the main shopping areas and sights. The reception staff were always friendly and helpful as was the barman on the mezzanine level. We hope to return to this hotel when we next visit the city and would not think twice about recommending this hotel to our friends.

Room Tip: rooms 1521 and 1621 had a partial view of times square.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Lozzy673
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed with my friend only one night at the Millennium Broadway Hotel, and we booked the Club Queen bed room in the Premier Hotel, which cost us 600$ per night. I assume that 80% of that money is for the location only since the room is at the Times Square, but it really is not worth it. We were supposed to have a beautiful view but the only thing we saw was a huge building just in front of our window, so no natural light at all. The breakfast was a disaster, if you do not eat pork you will probably not be able to eat anything else then eggs and cereal.

The room was just as any other three star hotel room, nothing special. The sofa had stains on it, and the ventilation was so noisy that it kept me from sleeping. Just spend your money somewhere where you will be at least valued as a guest!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank L H
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed at the Premier for the first time for a two night stay. The check in staff was friendly, my room (though small) was not unusually small for some New York boutique hotels and I thought it was smart and stylish. The evening reception had nice wine and again the service staff was friendly. I am writing this for one reason - and that is to complain about something that IMHO opinion should never happen in a higher end hotel - barely warm water in the morning shower. Yes, I took a shower at probably prime shower time - between 8 and 8:30 a.m. and yes, I was on a higher floor but I don't care.... The water never got hotter than tepid, and by the time I was finished I was absolutely freezing. Not the way I wanted to start my day on a chilly December morning in NYC!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Stacey H
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed one night in the Premier Hotel side of Millennium.
The room was entirely adequate had everything necessary and represented a good value in the area.
A basic continental breakfast on the Mezzanine level was included and adequate.

Several things were irritating: the handles in the closet had broken off and had not been repaired, the bathroom had bath and shower but the area of the shower was quite small and the blackout drapes did not overlap - defeating their purpose. The horns of Manhattan cab drivers were not audible to me on the 12th floor.

Stay here for location and not the fineries of the hotel. As it currently stands, its a budget room in an expensive city
Our meeting over on the Millennium hotel side went well - it was a good venue for this

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business