“Beautifully position for Times sq, rather dated and in need of repair”

The Premier New York Times Square
Ranked #164 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Los Angeles
“Beautifully position for Times sq, rather dated and in need of repair”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed one night in the Premier Hotel side of Millennium.
The room was entirely adequate had everything necessary and represented a good value in the area.
A basic continental breakfast on the Mezzanine level was included and adequate.

Several things were irritating: the handles in the closet had broken off and had not been repaired, the bathroom had bath and shower but the area of the shower was quite small and the blackout drapes did not overlap - defeating their purpose. The horns of Manhattan cab drivers were not audible to me on the 12th floor.

Stay here for location and not the fineries of the hotel. As it currently stands, its a budget room in an expensive city
Our meeting over on the Millennium hotel side went well - it was a good venue for this

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Great location for visiting New York City, especially if you enjoy going to the theater. Lovely, comfortable rooms and fantastic concierge (special thanks to Monique for all her help!). Highly recommend this elegant boutique hotel which is located next door to the larger Millenium Hotel.

1 Thank Joan P
Miami, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We chose this hotel by location and price ($350/day). This past weekend we and another couple stayed at the Millennium Hotel Broadway - Premiere which was considered to be the upscale part of the Millennium. Our friends left because both rooms that they were shown looked like they had been lived in. Neither was clean by anyone's standard. Our room was OK, but for a supposed upscale of their regular hotel I cannot imagine what the "regular" hotel was like. The bathroom had tiles masking taped to the wall (and it looked like they had been that way for months.) The carpet was also beyond it's life and next to the bathroom it was obvious the shower had flooded as the carpet was badly stained. The furniture was OK but a little worn, the bed was comfortable and appeared clean. Since we were on the sixth floor, lots of street noise. The "Happy Hour" served beer and wine and sandwiches!!!! Breakfast was continental and OK but not enough seating in the breakfast/happy hour area. Won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor room to minimize street noise.
1 Thank Miami_FLDutchman
Waiheke Island, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed for five nights and found it a perfect location right in the heart of Times Square. We found it to be a friendly, personable little hotel attached to the larger Millenium Hotel. The concierge, Monique, would have to be the most friendly, helpful concierge we have ever encountered in our stays at hotels throughout the world. We left for a week in New England and then returned to New York for another 3 nights. We had not pre booked our accommodation in case we were not happy with the hotel. After our stay we had no hesitation in rebooking at the Premier.
The rooms were spacious (for NY), clean and quiet.

1 Thank Deb U
Clearwater, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I recently spent the weekend in New York City after a business trip to New Jersey. I selected the Millennium Broadway Hotel for its location. I also stayed at this hotel two years ago for a family vacation.
I expected to be at the main hotel, but was directed to the Premier side which was unexpected. The Premier lobby was very nice. I also liked sitting down to check in instead of standing at a high counter. The Premier concierge was a little snarky - like I should be thrilled to have been redirected. The Premier is for the business traveler. Perks of the Premier are coffee makers, free breakfast and happy hour and free internet. Nice!
My original room was next to the elevator even though I requested via phone that morning to be in a quiet location away from the elevator. When I returned to the lobby and asked to be moved, the concierge said she had stayed in that room and it was very quiet. I could hear the elevator bell inside the room - not quiet and I'm the customer here.
The second room looked great, until the bathroom. The whole bathroom could use some attention. The wall paper is peeling, the ventilation didn't work. The glass counter had gunk under it that was visible since it was glass. The shower was awful - moldy and small. I travel with Clorox cleaning clothes, so cleaned it myself. I was only there for a weekend so, no problem.
I called down for ice (the hotel information said ice was across from the "10" room - but there was no "10" room.) The concierge said "we don't do that here", but she would contact housekeeping. I also asked for a channel guide - then had to confirm that I had looked for one. The bellman brought ice, but no guide. He said he would be back with one. About 10 minutes late I got a call telling me to look on channel 78 for the TV guide. Shesh.
The sheets were not very good (felt rough, like a poly/cotton blend with fuzz balls). I love Hilton sheets/duvets; those are my ideal hotel bed sets.
The room was very quiet. The internet was fast and free. The room was sleek and modern with a couch on one side and the bed on the other. The large flat screen TV was on a table that swiveled to face either one.
The happy hour was fine. The wine was decent, but the appetizers were not my style.
I'm glad I cleaned the shower because it didn't drain well. I was standing in water by the end and the shower curtain was a "hugger".
I could hear dripping in the wall at different times during my stay. Once was 6:30am - it was really noticeable because the room was so quiet. It sounded like something above me was leaking (maybe a shower?).
I stopped in the main hotel lounge one evening for a drink. Excellent service and really friendly!
Would I stay again? Maybe if the price was right because the location is fabulous. I would rather be in the main hotel though, not in the Premier side.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Diathoney
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Situated between Times Square and 6th Ave (Ave of the Americas) the Premier Hotel takes some beating for anyone wanting theaters and mid town shopping/dining. Unlike one other contributor we found the staff friendly and helpful. The entry and check in is quieter than the main Millennium Hotel attached to it as it is smaller and does not have the group travelers. Breakfast and happy hour drinks are included so it makes it worthwhile paying that bit extra for rooms in the Premier tower. D&J

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed at The Premier for three nights. I'd stayed there in 2005 and found the hotel to be fresh, modern and professional. Seven years on, it's showing more than the average signs of wear and tear. The service was courteous and efficient but not special. We were moved to room with a king sized bed on request without too much trouble. The location is great if you're looking for a mid-town experience. The complimentary breakfast was fine. I'd probably stay again if I got a good rate but I wouldn't go out of my way.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple