“Avoid this hotel!”

Ranked #171 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Chicago, Illinois
“Avoid this hotel!”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Let me start by saying that for business and pleasure, I've been to over 1,000 hotels including about 10 in NYC. The Premier Hotel has THE WORST SERVICE. The front desk receptionist called Ramona yelled at me and my business partner when we tried to check in and explain to her that our booking included a late check out. Her reply was: "I don't know what our website says, I didn't write it". She did not make any efforts to accommodate us and it took her 20 minutes to check us in and we were the only folks there. After being yelled at, we went to our rooms. The sofa in my room was stained with all sorts of juices and stains - simply discussing. The room was furnished with an IKEA style bed that looked like it will fall apart. The only good thing about this hotel is its location. Do yourself a favor and go to one of the neighboring hotels like the Hilton Times Square, Westin, Crowne Plaza or the Intercontinental Hotel. There you will get the same location but also much better rooms, service and bang for your buck. Even if these hotels end up costing you $100 more - trust me it's worth it. Simply avoid the "Premier" dump with Ramona. Regards, Your Guardian Angel

Room Tip: Avoid the Premier and the Millennium Broadway Hotel at all costs. Try Hilton Times Square, Westin, C...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank JasenDC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I've stayed here on business several times now because its location is great for both work and play. However, after this last stay, I think I'll look for elsewhere next time. Distinctly average, lacking in the attention-to-detail and special touches that make solo business travel bearable.

The main bar was seriously dark and smelly - the stink was unbearable, like the place had been cleaned with a dirty cloth. My room was dusty, with stained furniture and was devoid of many of the usual hotel room essentials such as a clothes brush, pen and paper, bathroom scales (luggage weighing - wouldn't dare step on them in NYC after epic portion-size) and sewing kit (I needed it, had to buy one). There was an iron and ironing board already in the room which was good but the replacement board cover had clearly been put on by someone who had never ironed in their lives - rumpled and lumpy. Hairdryer was good.

Housekeeping knocked on my door around 8:00am each morning while I was getting dressed. Way too early! They also removed my duvet and replaced it with a single blanket for reasons best known to themselves - I had to ask twice to get it back. Turn-down had already been done when I arrived back in my room around 6:30pm – strange to leave the blazing sunshine outside and walk into a room with the curtains drawn. Air con was loud - I usually turn it off anyway in hotels but there was some sort of back-up fan that was almost as loud.

The complimentary breakfast on the Mezzanine floor was good; it was nice to have a couple of slices of toast and some juice for breakfast instead of the usual hotel expensive gorge-fest. The bar in the evening was good too; nicely chilled beers and some delicious snacks, friendly guy serving.

Just one more thing... why oh why does the hotel laundry not offer the option of washing jeans? Dry-clean only...really?

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mca555
St. Helena, California
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We were originally booked into the Millenium Broadway hotel during a busy convention. Upon arriving to our room, it was clear the room was not cleaned. A crib, bag of old fruit and messy bed prompted us to flee. The front desk was accommodating upgrading us to their Premier Hotel, next door. It was a totally different experience. The smaller, more intimate business hotel was a welcome improvement from the crowded Millennium. Although the furnishings had seen better days, we enjoyed the stay.

Room Tip: Stay on the Premier side of the Millennium Broadway if you can be upgraded. The service is significa...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Hamden
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I booked this room because of the continental breakfast and the room looked lovely on the website. When I checked in there was a large orange stain on the carpet floor. My bed sheets were stained. There was no wireless internet in the rooms. Unacceptable. I was transferred to a superior room in the Millenium Broadway hotel and was much happier. The woman working the desk, I believe her name was Monique was amazing, extremely helpful!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank CTProfTravel
Atlanta
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I stayed in two different rooms because the first room was unusually hot. After being told in the morning that an engineer would fix my thermostat, I returned to a room that was even hotter, only to be told the thermostats were irrelevant, the hotel was in "winter" mode and it was only blowing heat! They moved me to another room that was much cooler, and as the outdoor temperature dropped, so did my room temperature, but it was better than being hot. The beds were good and both rooms were clean in terms of housekeeping, but the couches were stained, the walls and flooring showed wear, as did the showers, which are very small. This hotel was very adequate, but definitely does not fall into the luxury category. Check-in was a breeze for me, but my colleagues had to check in at the Millenium and the line was more than 15 people deep and slow, so it is luck of the draw on the check-in experience.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 22, 2012

This is one of my favorite places to stay in New York City. The hotel is very conveniently located for me, for business meetings and for entertainment venues. The facility is modern, stylish with a minimalist approach to furnishings, clean and very quiet. A guest lounge has breakfast available in the morning and hors d'oeurves available in the evening.

Like some of the other reviewers I arrived while the desk staff was at lunch but this has happened before and I am accustomed to handling check-in at the Millenium Hotel. If you have the misfortune to arrive while a large group is checking in this can result in annoying delays but I generally have been lucky.

I'll be back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank timminn
Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We arrived in the rain on Friday night for a two night stay around 7:30 p.m. When we went to check in at the Premier there was no one there to help us as it was their dinner break. That is all well and good and it was not much trouble going over to the Millennium to get checked-in. I did notice that there was more than one concierge at the desk in the Millennium and was wondering why one of that staff might not be sent to the Premier to cover the break so the desk was covered at all times. We arrived at our room as was pleased. I did notice that there were some stains on the sofa and although the bed was great, the rest of the furniture could use an upgrade. I ordered ice at 10:55 p.m. and at 11:30 p.m. I had to call again as it had not arrived. On the second call, the ice was delivered in 7 minutes. Should there be an easier way to get ice??? Monique, the Premier concierge who we met on Saturday, was knowledgeable, exact, helpful and had a wonderful personality. This was a highlight for use as we gathered information on activities for the day. She's a keeper. Was a little disapointed in the breakfast. When we last stayed there a number of years ago it felt like there was more variety. I did have to ask for water as there was none out. It was delivered promptly. We will choose this hotel again, but hopefully my few concerns will be addressed.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple