“Good food, great service”
Review of The Smith

The Smith
Ranked #709 of 15,760 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: The Smith is a casual American Brasserie with three upbeat locations in New York City: The Smith East Village, The Smith Midtown and The Smith Lincoln Center. Utilizing local products and purveyors, the breakfast, lunch, brunch and dinner menus feature a selection of familiar bistro dishes. Diners at The Smith Midtown can also choose from our hand-picked wine list and full raw seafood bar. The Smith attracts colleagues for a drink after work, business dinners, a quick bite before a movie, late night revelers, families for Sunday brunch and more. Offering private rooms at all locations, guests can stop by for all occasions.
Reviewed September 3, 2018

This was my second visit to The Smith as a visitor from overseas. Both times I've visited I've really enjoyed it. Good food, great, efficient service and a nice atmosphere. It is quite a large restaurant so I guess could be noisy if completely full but that may add to the atmosphere. I will definitely go back next time I am in NYC and if in the area.

1  Thank Joannie707

Reviewed August 28, 2018

We came here on a recommendation. The place was full on a Saturday afternoon and we got a table in half an hour. The food and drinks were good; my only grouse is that it was too crowded and noisy! But I guess that's what you can expect from a good popular place. We had eggs, bacon, and burgers between the four of us and everything was good. Definitely recommended!

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

I had a delicious pasta and a glass of wine. The waitress was friendly but the service was a bit slow. I recommend that you make a table reservation in advance, since the restaurant was very crowded.

1  Thank antoniak676
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Small menu with what it seems are all great choices. We all had breakfast and everything was delicious.
Super nice decor and atmosphere. Big place.
Service not so good but OK.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

I love the Smith and I especially love the kale and quinoa salad. It’s my go to. I don’t even look at the menu anymore. I prefer the back room of this location to the Broadway location. It’s less smushed and the seemingly natural light is delightful. I’ve always loved the two waters that are delivered to the table.