“Very cool”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 54th and 55th
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

U must visit brasilina! Very good btazilian food, great staff!its not the obvious brazilian food and thats great, a diferent place that is perfect for a dinner or just a drink with friends!i

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Original menu, well prepared tasty dishes, reasonable prices, nice atmosphere.... What else can one want?
We went in what's known as "the hurricane aftermath", meaning that the restaurant was packed (no electricity in downtown restaurants) and short on staff.
The service was a bit chaotic, with on top of that a lot of Halloween dressed up people packing at the bar, but ONE person kept the service going. I'm a restaurant owner myself and I would hire Katarina immediately ! Her service was the cherry on the cake for us. We will be back!
Btw, share an appetizer, because the portions are very generous

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Brasilina does not disappoint. Its traditional Brazilian fare is made with fresh, delicious ingredients and the presentation of the dishes is perfect; thoughtful but not too fussy. I dined with my mother, who has never had Brazilian food before in her life, and she was thoroughly impressed. The yucca crisps they give you with pesto butter and olive oil are so addictive - try not to fill up before you begin your appetizers!

We tried an assortment of traditional Brazilian fare: mandioca frita, salgados with minced beef and pulled chicken. Our entrees were the Feijoada and the Camarão Na Moranga. The feijoada was great; much like the one at Casa do Feijoada in Rio without the linguiça (I wish it had linguiça!). The collard greens were really tasty and the farofa was good, too. The Camarão was incredible - my mom said it was the best cream sauce/stew she's ever had. That's saying a lot. It was delicious, but very big and rich. You could probably split that between two people and share a salad before, and you'd be full. Our side order of the Banana Frita probably didn't help things. The plantains are breaded, which was a little much. They were good, but I think we'd skip those next time. To drink, I had a hibiscus caipirinha. It was perfect.

The service was exceptional. Our server was friendly and very helpful and made a great recommendation with the pumpkin dish. The ambience in the place is sexy and understated, and has a hip vibe to it. There are hooks on the wall for coats and bags and votives in recesses in the exposed brick walls. Each table is set with mismatched bone china - beautiful pieces. The kitchen is open and looks clean but busy. With bossa nova playing over it all, I felt like I was in Leblon... not 9th avenue Manhattan.

The prices are quite reasonable for what you'd find at places of a similar caliber and the wine list is very reasonable - with most bottles under $40. The cocktails are about $12 each, but are strong, tasty and big, so I think they're worth it.

I can't wait to go back here. It was exceptional in every way.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Ok, we've never been to Brazil and have tried many churrascarias in our time. But our waitress was Brazilian and she told which items were truly authentic and, WOW - amazing! Why oh why don't they replace those steak houses with restaurants like this??

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Food was creative and extraordinary. I had the lobster and shrimp risotto, which was out of this world. I highly recommend the Brigaeiro for desert! The service was excellent! I highly recommend Brasilina!