“Good great, wine good, service inattentive ”
Review of Saxon and Parole

Saxon and Parole
Reserve with OpenTable
Saxon and Parole is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #537 of 14,522 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: East Village
Cross street: Bleecker Street
Transit: 6 Train to Bleecker St B/D/F/M Train to Broadway-Lafayette St or 2nd Ave N/R Train to Price St
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Went there for a dinner. Has a booked reservation but we had to wait for 15 or so for a table. The food was very tasty however we could not get a bottle or the Pol Roger champagne since wine sold by glass were for some ridiculous reason not sold by the bottle. The waiter did not come back and ask how the food was and we had to wait very long before he bothered to take our dessert orders. Bad service is not what you expect from an establishment like this.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

The ambiance is warm and classy yet casual, the service is extremely friendly and attentive. I came in w my gf on new years eve and we had 4 different choices for each course for a set price. I don't know if thats how it always is but thats how it was for new years, most likely to make it easier on the kitchen. The food was amazing!!! each meal was a concoction that seemed really strange until it melted together on the pallet... absolute chemistry. We each loved our lamb, soup withe caviar and qual egg etc etc. As I mentioned in the title one let down... and it came at the very end... the desert. On the menu it was listed as a tower of deserts.... what came out was a platter that seemed as though each cookie was taken out of a tin box and placed on the plate. horrible was to end an amazing dining experience. just don't get the "tower" enjoy!!!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

The brussel sprouts are delicious. Our server recommended them and I am glad we tried it. This is a great place to meet for drinks, stay for dinner, and enjoy the after dinner cocktail. I am already planning on stopping by my on m next visit to New York. My recommendation if you don't know what to order - ask the server - they know best!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

From drinks to desert this place excels. Six of us had dinner there just before Thanksgiving. All of us cannot wait to go back. My Branzino was excellent. My daughter stated her duck was the best she had ever eaten.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Even though this restaurant has been around for a few years, I only just made my first visit. It's part of the wonder of living in a city where there are thousands of restaurants, with new ones popping up all the time, and taking years to finally visit one. And so, I finally made it to Saxon + Parole in the East Village.

For my drink I ordered the Bowery Fix (Altos blanco, mezcal, yellow chartreuse, fresh bell pepper, chili oil). This drink was incredible. A slight hint of sweetness and lots of rich heat join forces for this beverage.

You can read the rest of my review with photos here:
sprungonfood.com/2013/12/27/saxon-parole