“Foodies Paradise - one let down.”
Review of Saxon and Parole

Saxon and Parole
Reserve with OpenTable
Saxon and Parole is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #834 of 13,743 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: East Village
Cross street: Bleecker Street
Transit: 6 Train to Bleecker St B/D/F/M Train to Broadway-Lafayette St or 2nd Ave N/R Train to Price St
San Diego, California
“Foodies Paradise - one let down.”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The ambiance is warm and classy yet casual, the service is extremely friendly and attentive. I came in w my gf on new years eve and we had 4 different choices for each course for a set price. I don't know if thats how it always is but thats how it was for new years, most likely to make it easier on the kitchen. The food was amazing!!! each meal was a concoction that seemed really strange until it melted together on the pallet... absolute chemistry. We each loved our lamb, soup withe caviar and qual egg etc etc. As I mentioned in the title one let down... and it came at the very end... the desert. On the menu it was listed as a tower of deserts.... what came out was a platter that seemed as though each cookie was taken out of a tin box and placed on the plate. horrible was to end an amazing dining experience. just don't get the "tower" enjoy!!!

• Visited December 2013

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Salt Lake City, Utah
“One of my Favorite Places in NYC”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The brussel sprouts are delicious. Our server recommended them and I am glad we tried it. This is a great place to meet for drinks, stay for dinner, and enjoy the after dinner cocktail. I am already planning on stopping by my on m next visit to New York. My recommendation if you don't know what to order - ask the server - they know best!

• Visited November 2013
Arcadia
“My new favorite place in New York City”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

From drinks to desert this place excels. Six of us had dinner there just before Thanksgiving. All of us cannot wait to go back. My Branzino was excellent. My daughter stated her duck was the best she had ever eaten.

• Visited November 2013
New York City, New York
“Greatness Awaits At Saxon + Parole”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Even though this restaurant has been around for a few years, I only just made my first visit. It's part of the wonder of living in a city where there are thousands of restaurants, with new ones popping up all the time, and taking years to finally visit one. And so, I finally made it to Saxon + Parole in the East Village.

For my drink I ordered the Bowery Fix (Altos blanco, mezcal, yellow chartreuse, fresh bell pepper, chili oil). This drink was incredible. A slight hint of sweetness and lots of rich heat join forces for this beverage.

You can read the rest of my review with photos here:
sprungonfood.com/2013/12/27/saxon-parole

• Visited December 2013
New York City, New York
“Good time”
Reviewed January 28, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great ambience, good food and drinks. First time went for business dinner and everyone enjoyed. Next brought wife and a friend back. Shared the mushroom pot and barratta. Surprisingly contrary to popular demand I didn't like either, although it seem like it was just my pallet since the others among my party enjoyed. They just seems very bland and plain to me, really no taste and texture was nothing to be desired either. We got the pork chop, duck and skirt steak. Duck and steak were highlight while pork chop I could've passed on. Stick with duck for sure. So while I'm critical of the food, I have nothing against the establishment overall. Excellent selection of drinks, vey interesting food and great time for all sorts of parties. Some of the food just may not be for everyone, which is perfectly fine.

Visited January 2014