“Great atmosphere and food but overpriced”
Review of Saxon and Parole

Saxon and Parole
Reserve with OpenTable
Saxon and Parole is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,027 of 13,936 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: East Village
Cross street: Bleecker Street
Transit: 6 Train to Bleecker St B/D/F/M Train to Broadway-Lafayette St or 2nd Ave N/R Train to Price St
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have to say that this was the best burger I've ever had and I'm not a great burger fan anyway. The wine was overpriced as was the food and the tables were too close together but the atmosphere was fine. 10/10 for food, 7/10 for ambience but only 1/10 for value for money.

There are newer reviews for Saxon and Parole

Reviewed August 3, 2013

You will get a perfectly decent meal here, and the service was efficient. But at prices that put it in line with some of NYC's high end, I felt that it was trying to play rather out of its league. The wine list, in particular, was very expensive. The food was nothing to write home about, and you are so close to the next door table that you might as well merge your conversations. It is a decent gastro-pub, trying to pass itself off as a restaurant.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We got recommended to go there from the Mondrian Soho hotel, tables are New York tight and we got seated next to a couple with about six inches between us, that was not bad but I was on table 21 and had to keep my foot on one of the legs all night so that the table would not wobble. Brian the server was very nice and attentive, Chris the sommelier was also educated and attentive, the chefs (though I did not get the opportunity to meet them) did a wonderful job with out dinners. My compliant would be with the faceless manager that would not return a phone call I made the following day to questions something. I order the very large RIB CHOP that I thought was $38 and noticed the next day that I was charged $98 ( As I said Chris was attentive with the wine!!!) I called to speak to him and did not get a phone call back. I have since called and confirmed that $98 was the correct price (to the ownership credit it is also published on their website) My complaint is just call me back and talk to me this way I dont feel like I got "hosed" and it is my problem.

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

From the door, and all the way I felt welcome! It was busy, but I caught the waitress' eyes in a second! I did not find the cocktail my liking, in a blink it was fixed! My cold cut selection was too fatty for me, a minute later it was perfect and topped up with a gracious smile from the staff! A fabulous experience! A lesson of Hospitality for many competitors! I wish I'll come again on my next trip!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Loved the experience because it was everything I want from downtown New York dining : hip decor, great looking crowd, warm service and innovative delicious food from a Michelin starred chef... Not pretentious or expected. Fresh bright flavor, aperol negroni and east coast oysters to start. The mushroom mouse pot, followed by roast fish special with a side of roast Brussels. Perfection. Can't wait to return.