“Great Experience, Need to do again!”

Style Room NYC Shopping Tour Experiences
Ranked #1 of 797 Shopping in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Private 5 hour VIP Shopping Tour Experiences in New York City behind locked doors. Meet designers face-to-face in their actual showrooms & studios and shop at 40%-65% off retail. Style Room is run by Karen Parker O'Brien, a fashion industry professional with endless industry connections. Types of Tours: VIP Limo Tours, VIP Walking Tours. Perfect For: Girls Day Out, Mother / Daughter, Husbands & Wives, Boyfriends & Girlfriends, Birthday Celebrations, Anniversary Celebrations Corporate Incentive Groups / Spousal Programs / Large Groups, Student Educational Groups, Bridal Shower Shopping Party, Bachelorette Shopping Party, Sweet 16 Celebrations
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Perth, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Experience, Need to do again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

We booked a VIP tour for two people on a Sunday.Karen luckily got a few places to open their doors to us.

Karen also took the time beforehand to ask what our styles were and what we were interested in buying/looking at. Please ensure that you are specific and give detail - this will help you get the most out of the tour.

Our took took about 4-5hrs, and it was dark by the time we finished :)
We went to a jewellery boutique, which I think all tours incorporate. Items are very nice and some are one off's - I bought a pair of earrings that are absolutely awesome!
We went to a New York local manufacturer which had some nice staple pieces, then off to a sample collection - which was God Dam amazing!!! I wish I had more time and money haha This is where by big purchases were made. I bought some winter coats, one of which never made it to production, so I know no one in Perth let alone Australia has one - and it is beautiful.
A shoe store which sold very lovely and awesome shoes (behind closed doors) - but all were a bit too narrow for me (if you have a wide foot - please let Karen know).
Lastly we went to a retail clothes store which closed its doors DIGS and so much awesome stuff - bought a stunning rust coloured leather and suede jacket and a peacock necklace. They have some great leather gear.

We had a limo for some of the tour - this I was expecting to have for the whole tour taking us from each place, But I realised after that it would be impossible to do that with the traffic, quicker to walk to most of the places - which were not that far. Karen provided wine and other drinks, even a small cocktail! Yum Yum!! Also a lovely box of snacks - chocolate, nuts, sweets, dried fruit - was really nice.

Karen is a wonderful shopping partner, and there is no pressure to buy. She helps you make selections, and makes you feel comfortable.

TIPS: Make sure you were stylish but comfortable clothing - shoes/heels you can walk in. A good bra, easy to remove clothing, and a top which wont bulk under jackets/coats etc

I would most definitely book a tour again, just a pity I have to fly for 18hrs to get there :( Really missing all the NY & American fashion shops here in Perth, feel really left out lol. The tour opened up my eyes to how much better fashion and clothing is there than in Perth or Australia in general.

Thanks Karen :)

Visited March 2013

Baltimore, Maryland
“Perfect Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

The ingredients were: being with best friend and son, riding in a limo with champagne and gourmet treats, being in designer showrooms with wholesale prices on clothes, jewelry, handbags. Mix all of these together and add Karen who created this incredible idea that offers shopping tour experiences in New York City's fashion districts. Karen has the recipe for success with her expertise and years of experience in the fashion industry. We went from showroom to showroom, and each was better than the next. The selections and the savings were unbelievable. Karen made us feel so special, and she was extremely helpful as we made our selections.
My son treated us to this shopping experience, and it was one of our best days in NYC!!! We were treated like queens, and I highly recommend the Style Room Shopping Tour!!! Kudos to Karen who totally makes the experience what it is!!! It all was simply PERFECT!!!!!

Franklin, Tennessee
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Time Shopping in NYC!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I had a wonderful time on my first style room tour with Karen.
I wish there had been more time to shop additional designer studios,
but it is something I will definitely do again next time I visit the city.
Karen does a great job working with clients, I felt pampered and special!

New York City, New York
“Fun shopping!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

This tour was a new shopping experience and so much fun! Karen brought us to several showrooms and we shopped for both clothes and jewelry. At the jewelry showroom, we were able to meet and shop with the jewelry designer - so interesting hearing about her inspiration for the designs. Karen was a great help - finding sizes and offering advice, but never pushy. Her knowledge and enthusiasm definitely enhanced the overall experience. Go by yourself or bring a friend, either way it will be a lot of fun and you'll find beautiful things at discount prices.

New York City, New York
“Fun shopping your with my mom!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

The tour was so much fun. Karen is wonderful - she has a great fashion sense, knows amazing designers, and got us great deals!! I highly recommend going on her tours!!