“Good, affordable and authentic” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Atlanta
“Good, affordable and authentic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Don't expect gourmet here, just delicious straightforward diner fare. I ate breakfast here two mornings in a row (it was ten blocks form my hotel) and it's a lot of fun to see New York regulars of all walks of life ducking in and out (garment district divas, construction workers, retirees, etc.). The guy next to me ordered a grilled corn muffin, so I knew I had to come back and try it. I recommend that.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bramc

• Finnish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Authentic and inexpensive - top find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

After reading the reviews we head out to find Johny's. When we got there at just before 8:30 (Saturday) it was still closed and the first thoughts were to change our mind. It was very very small and run down looking. However after re-asurring conversations with locals and a swedish regular in the street we went for it.

It really is tiny so good job we were there early. There are only about 10 stools at the counter + 1 table. The staff just got on with the job - no messing!

We had pancakes with bacon and syrup. They were delicious, freshly cooked right there and then, We took coffee and fresh juice (served up Tropicana cartons) and we paid about 1/2 what we paid for the same food at other places.

We felt like we had also had a bit of something authentic too.

Really recommend this.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Charliehungrychops
san diego
“Perfect for a quick breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Just off 6th Avenue on 25th. This is a neat little place with a down home feel. The owner is a cool, nice, authentic New Yorker kind of guy right there behind the counter taking your order and making sure everything is working like it should. Johny's is real Americana. It's a small place, a counter with maybe 12 seats and a couple of tables. Great menu selection of traditional breakfast choices, prices are good. They cook it right there in front of you. It's just what you were looking for in a no frills, quick, easy breakfast to get your day going. Really close walking from Eventi hotel.

• Visited August 2013
Rockford, Illinois
“Two Thumbs Up”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Great little diner with counter seating. George was friendly. All food was very fresh and breakfast was cooked in front of us. French toast and breakfast potatoes were delicious. My daughter now lives in New York so she receive a text that this place gets two thumbs up, good food & budget friendly. We will eat here again on our next visit.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Ellen C T
“Amazing Breakfast, Amazing Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

We came here for breakfast during our long weekend in NYC from the UK.

By far the best breakfast we had in New York.

I tried the big breakfast (forgetting how big USA portions are compared to the UK). It was huge to say the least, and for the price it was fantastic!

I noticed that they had forgotten my pancakes, not surprising with how busy it was. I mentioned that they had forgotten my pancakes, and before I knew it one of the cooks had turned around and whipped up my pancakes in around 1 minute and popped them in front of me. I've never seen anything like it! I was watching in awe!

Amazingly fast service, yet such tasty food!!

We are coming to New York next month and have already decided we are coming back here, can't wait to try it again!

• Visited March 2013