“Wine & Whiskey in the Morning!!!”

Vintry Wine and Whiskey
Ranked #1,483 of 14,530 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Financial District
Cross street: Mill Lane
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My Wife and I enjoyed brunch here on a Saturay Morning May 5th! The Bloody Redemption is an amazing cocktail for brunch. It is definately in the top 3 cocktails I have ever had. Pancakes were great and the service outstanding. Stone Street is a great place to go for food in Manhattan and Vintry is one of the best on Stone Street! They have an amazing selection of Wine and Whiskey that I will have to go back and sample next time I am in town.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Sadly it could be better. Great venue and has potential, but bar service is slow and the wine is over-priced for the quality they have.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Sat out at the tables in the street for lunch which was fun but chilly! Complementary elderflower cocktail was deleicious and our 2 mains ( short ribs and burger) were tasty. Staff attentive and service quick but not rushed. Only minor complaint was that espresso was only warm not hot

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We are moving to the Financial District soon, and Sunday we went down to drop off our security and do some measurements in our new apartment (yay!). After that, we hung around to have a celebratory nosh and drink, and having already discovered the Stone Street Historic District, we went there to pick out a place to stop.

Our broker had told us that Vintry was his favorite place to have wine, and since he is French, we figured he must know what he is talking about, so when we saw it, we made our decision. And we were very satisfied with our overall experience. We had three small plates: tuna tartare, lobster dumplings and serrano ham. My wife had a glass of white wine (Montrachet) while I went for a bottle of Corsendonck brown Belgian ale.

My beer didn't really go with the dumplings, but otherwise, we enjoyed our food and drink. The waitress was very nice. We thought it was curious that such a small place has a staff of 5 or 6 (plus the kitchen), with most of those people being dedicated to the bar - perhaps that is an indication of how seriously they take their spirits. In any case, we liked it, and will certainly go back now and then - it is a little too pricey to be a regular stop for us (for ex.., my wife's glass of wine was $24 - that was a bit of a shock, but we were celebrating and were in too good of a mood to object).

The one thing I did not like is that they only have high tables, with stools with no backs. It is hard on the back and on the legs - I find those kind of stools cut off my circulation.

1  Thank Charming_Karl
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Mmmmm, I just love a good whiskey cocktail! And there's no better place to have one than at Vintry.

We were visiting for the weekend and had been checking out the Statue of Liberty and Battery Park when we decided to walk through the Financial District. This was on Good Friday, so the markets were closed, but fortunately Vintry was open for business.

Vintry is located in the Stone Street Historic District. There are a handful of restaurants/bars along the street with outdoor seating on nice days. The bar wasn't crowded at all so we had our pick of where to sit. We tried the Vieux Carre and the Creole Cocktail. From what I can tell, it looks like their cocktail menu changes because neither of these are on the current online menu, but we thoroughly enjoyed both drinks. Server was also very friendly.

I’m sure that when the traders and money men are in the office and in full swing, this is a lively spot. It was very tempting to have another cocktail, but it was time to head back to the hotel to shower and change for dinner.

Really enjoyed our visit to Vintry. If I lived in NYC, this would be a regular stop for me.